New firmware v2.3.33 Beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by McBluna, Jul 1, 2020.

1. x9suser

x9suser Member

Updated my Z9S to this fw. Within 30 min of testing, my External powered USB drive lost connection while watching within 10 min of a movie.

Happened again after reboot watching a different movie.

Had to reboot again to see the drive again.

Given up.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have an USB powered HDD connected to my Z9S and it never disconnected at all.

Are you sure the power supply is stable and uses the correct plug (2.1 and 2.5 central pins).

3. x9suser

x9suser Member

I am using USB3 drive connected to USB3 slot. Same drive never had any poblem with my X9S or Himedia Q10pro player.

4. tomtom

tomtom New Member

I'd confirm having 3 external HDD 2x usb 3 and 1x usb 2 never had a power issue.

I have had intermittent playback stop and the unit reboot. But that is much less common than in previous firmware releases.

5. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Update:
    Jim Peterson at Lumagen worked with me to isolate problem with no success after numerous gymnastics. Ditto with Ken Taurus at HDFury. (Per Ken, inserted Vertex2 before Sony 885ES projector, copied/saved projector EDID and selected it in CUSTOM. Then inserted Vertex2 before Lumagen. Did not help).

Issue in a nutshell:
    · Zidoo>Lumagen>Sony projector. Zidoo will NOT Preset to 4K23Hz
    · Oppo 203>Lumagen>Sony projector. Oppo presets OK
    · Zidoo>Sony projector. Zidoo presets OK
    · Zidoo>Lumagen> Samsung HDTV. Zidoo presets OK

Since this thread really seems unrelated to this issue, will start a new thread if Mark or anyone continues to reply.

Thanks

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, by all means...

Send me a pm with the thread