New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

you have to use kodi internal player for this

2. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

How is the nvidia shield for handling non3D material (4K HDR) with Kodi? Does it do proper frame rate and resolution switching? Does it stutter? I’m thinking of getting another player for my OLED and moving the zidoo to my regular 3D TV.

3. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

The shield is a very swift box with its chipset, however zidoo does have the edge on picture quality for 4K, and I was privilaged to watch a Thor Ragnarok in 3D last night, with Atmos cooked in. It was phenomenal on my 77" Oled G6P. Its the bees knees so to speak if you cannot install a projector at this time. I waited patiently for a 3D presentation of Thor. It blew me away. I spent the day yesterday or some of the early night scraping my 3D collection, all Frame-Packed either ISO, BDMV, or MKV. The zidoo chewed the up and displayed them gloriously. I have to say I mad an impulse decision and picked up an Egreat A5 box for under 115.00 some ebay bucks I had. It should be here any day, but it might head back to ebay before long if it isnt up to snuff with the zidoo and HT 2.0. Cant wait for OTA 2.x firmware. The shield is indeed a power house, but I don't feel I am using it for all its worth. I prefer external streaming and do not use the OLED smart tv apps at all, mainly because well there are soundbar customers and there are home theater customers. I am the one that cost a lot more money with my G6 77" , 7200WA AVR, Veritas speakers, and Atmos 7.2.4 as well as dual SVS subs. ( Very large ones I might add that shake the walls on my stick built house.

I also have a 65" G6P upstairs in the man cave, and a 55" C6P in the bedroom, Media is powered mostly by three shields, and 2 apple tv 4k units, but the zidoo is a rare gem in the china box world. I am hoping for Android 7, a paid update to Dolby Vision would be amazing, but I think Nvidia has a better shot at this with their endorsements and $$$ to throw around. Lastley, the shield does fine for 4K , but the external player on the zidoo is smoother. Its hard to pinpoint it but it just looks and acts more like a blueray player. Very smooth, sharp, and does a specific task. I may just get away from Kodi all together on this box, as HT2.0 is stable as a rock in my opinion. I would like to more vision support for object based audio formats in the badges, as well as on screen info and more support for mediainfo extensions vs. having to manually tag the files with what you want to show up visually as eye candy. I am thinking about 1 more zidoo and was leaning towards the X8, but it just seems very cheaply made with all its plastic and antenna that isn't removable. I don't know.

4. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

What are your settings? Do you not have any frame rate issues? What firmware are you using?
    Thanks

5. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

He absolutely has frame rate issues. We all do, since we all have the same buggy machines. The question is, does he notice them? I would say he likely doesn't, since he hasn't mentioned it. That doesn't mean it's not happening though. Not everyone's eyes are sensitive enough to spot the frame drops.

Still haven't heard anything about whether Zidoo is planning on addressing the issues I and others have been highlighting over the past few weeks. My new x10 is just sitting here collecting dust. I won't use it while it has these issues. The frame rate issues are just too annoying for me. I'm still waiting to hear any reason why 12bit color has less banding than 10bit color. Since neither the panel nor the UHD/HDR files are 12bit, 12bit and 10bit should look the same. Yet 10bit has more noticeable banding. Not sure why.

I hate to say it but unless we hear some promising news soon, I'll be packing the x10 back in the box and shipping it back. I really don't want to do that but Zidoo just doesn't seem to care.

6. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

The chinese new year ended within the last 4-5 days didn't it. The Egreat forums are pretty calm too btw, They are just getting over the celebrating and getting back into the grind. I hope I am right.

I will be honest with you all, Ursiel, I am not sure I am that sensitive to frame rate issues. I do see a beautiful picture on a 77" oled. Perhaps it is distracting as there isnt much else to complain about from a video persepctive.

I will say this, I had three 73" dlps over the last decade or so as well, and never noticed DSE or Dirty Screen Effect as well. When I had samsung LEDS i did notice what many would call Soap Opera Effect. I think samsung has some of the worst motion compensation of all of them. Sony is great, but has its own faults with android TV etc. Anyways, this is not a TV thread obviously, but No you are correct, I really dont notice the dropped frames. Specifically not every 40 seconds or so and if i did , would i really be all that upset, I am on my laptop a lot so watching movies from start to end without looking away from the screen, doesnt always happen for me.

Thanks for pointing it out, some are not so sensitive to these issues, Now take away bitstreaming atmos , dtsx and 3D AVC, MKV....Heads gonna roll! If you want to recap exactly what I should watch for , I suppose I could humor you, but I am afraid if i see it i might bitch like many others do. Right now, I like my zidoo, alot, especially for the price paid and I just picked up one on ebay this am for $65. I am pretty gitty about that. as I have a few other 3D oleds as well.

7. andys

andys Member

please activate the old divx in the next firmware!!!

8. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Divx usually requires a license fee. To be quite honest I don’t know how popular the format still is.. I haven’t run across a divx file in more than 10 years.

9. andys

andys Member

many divx does not read them, for a new video player is not good

10. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

11. alexpopov78

alexpopov78 New Member

Hi everyone

I delete vsftpd-package from OpenWRT - System-Software
    how I can install back?
    and now I don't have FTP :(
    please help me

Attached Files:

12. illusion

illusion New Member

Hello

I joined this forum today but I have been lurking here for a few days now. I finally ordered my X9S from Amazon for $149. $65 is an amazing price. Can you share a link for the same? I will return my Amazon order and get the other one.

Best

13. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

it was a store return. always taking a chance. my first zidoo x9s was also used at around 80 on ebay. I could be gettinf a problem unit but chances are good it would be perfectly functional. risk I was willing to take.

14. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

15. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

16. illusion

illusion New Member

Thanks a lot for your reply , I will take a look at the ebay post.

Also I am seeing a lot of mixed reviews regarding the 2.0.5 fw which has me confused . My needs are :-

1) Play 4k HDR, 3D MVC and 1080p - Mainly ISO's - Are all people experiencing frame drops \ stuttering ?
    2) I have an Asus AC68U with a 8TB WD and a 500GB HDD attached for storage sharing. I wanted to move this to the Zidoo to free up my router CPU. - How good is the openwrt(nas) with the new 2.0.5 ? is is stable enough to be used on a day in and day out basis.

Really appreciate anyone who can help me with this.

17. JohnS

JohnS Member

I can't comment on n.1 but I have 2 2Tb usb attached and a SATA connected to my z9s serving also my A300. Openwrt is stable enough, I'm also using it as a torrent downloader. Openwrt is what it making x9s and x10 different from other Android boxes

18. illusion

illusion New Member

Ok but on n.1 how has your playback experience been so far on whatever you have been throwing at it ?

19. JohnS

JohnS Member

I have on old 37in Philips 1080i tv with no 24p mode so everything stutters

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

1. zero stutter or banding issues ,with the file types i got the x9s to play....PRIMARILY 4k hdr atmos/dts-x mkv and iso/complete bd files
    anything UNDER the 4k file type i use my $2500 4k tvs far superior 1-8 x upscaling as the xidoo ISNT as nice on those ...AS IT SHOULDNT BE for the price difference :p
    ..TV wont do atmos/DTS-x via lan where all the media is stored....and the pc wont do HDR via Hdmi cos earlier 4k gtx970 gpu
    ..X9S bridges these 2 issues perfectly

2. all my storage is accessed via lan to the 10 or so HDDS on the pcs network via smb sharing with no issues once set up
    as im fill newer 2tera HDDS ill leave those unplugged and labelled and access direct via the x9s usb3,which also has no issues

3....i DO NOT use kodi ,just entirely the front panel media player
    ... TBH ,i dont need all those fancy description,jpgs,etc that apps like kodi and HT add in
    ..i have no issue remebering what the movie/tv series i want to watch is,and so dont need all that gloss

KISS...keep it simple,stupid works well for me :p

MY personal findings of the x9s on 2.0.5