New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@godalmighty I’m sure the stutter issue is caused by specific type of encode and it happens to be a lot of those early releases marked Web-Dl. Those files play perfectly on other devices. Try it yourself!

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

yes...and it only happened on realtek
    i tried it with X20pro, and same result here :(
    then i tried it again with H6Pro and it play smooth

but i dont see or notice any stutter with hevc web-dl
    so it only occured with x264 web-dl

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@godalmighty thanks for testing and sharing the results with us. X20 Pro has the new chip Realtek 1296 and the same issue as the old 1295.
    I think it is some timing issue and can be corrected in the software. I saw a lot of those issues popping up in Kodi night builds.

Isn’t Web-Dl HEVC recode of original mp4 download to reduce file size?

4. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Wow, did not know that. Thanks for telling us.
    Very frustrating that this problem was not tackeld by Zidoo , because i found out more than a year ago.

Lets hope Zidoo is taking a very good look inside the zappito firmware.;)

And too bad we can not flash Zidoo with Zapatti firmware.

5. godalmighty

yes it was re encode from the same source release by FGT
    i think FGT somehow is not a very good coz i got laggy in my PC using i7 procie
    in the other hand H6pro can hande webDL FGT release without any stutter so far
    but this is box is stuttering in every hevc 10bit files :( hope the last firmware 1.0.36 can fix it

and for X20pro, i love the gui hope they want do the same with X9S :p

6. thewonderer

thewonderer New Member

Hi, just got my first 4K tv with HDR enabled.

Having problems with playing HDR movies. The TV shows that the movie is HD 2160p but the image looks so dark compared to 1080p SDR images. The display settings in my x9s are set to AUTO and apart from the darkness there are no other issues I can see.

What settings should i set for the x9s to resolve the darkness. My TV is a 2018 Panasonic OLED.

Thanks.

7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Enable HDR on your TV, read your manual. HDR need to be enable on every TV I know.

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Typically it is caused by HDMI range. Set it to limited from auto in Zidoo quick settings. Auto (full range) is for PC monitors.

9. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

The panels are made by LG. I got an LG oled and had to manually set the HDMI range to limited.

10. thewonderer

thewonderer New Member

Thanks, I will try HDMI limited.

Is that YcBcR or RGB.... all new to me... 4:4:4 or 4:2:2? I think it's 4:2:2....

TV auto detects HDR and shows it when a 2160p HDR movie is detected. Even the TV Picture settings change when it has a HDR video playing.

Thanks.

11. godalmighty

nope...its HDMI range mode, set it to 16-235
    range mode.PNG

Attached Files:

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, on your Panasonic OLED TV (I suppose FZ800) you need to use HDM1 or 2, which are the ones that fully support HDR. Check if Ultra HD 444/422 mode is already enabled (should be by default on Panasonic sets, but not sure)
    On the Zidoo you need to set Deep Color on 10 bit, Color Space on AUTO (with 420 or 422 you will see banding with some content, but not with AUTO) and HDMI Range on 16-235 (limited mode)

Once you are playing an HDR content, choose the Professional 1 preset on your TV and enjoy! :)

13. thewonderer

thewonderer New Member

Many thanks to both of you for your advice.

I tried it this morning and it worked great! Even some 1080p content that displayed grey between scenes with banding, now shows as pure black in my limited tested.

So I set the picture mode to 10 bit, 422 mode and 16-235 range.

Hopefully this will be useful for other people to read :)

Wondering whether it's worth updating ZDMC to the latest version on this forum. Only thing that bugs me is it doesn't mark things as fully or partially watched... still a post for another thread.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

If you're using the FW 2.0.34 I really suggest you leave "Color Space Mode" on AUTO if you want the best picture performance with your OLED TV. If you set it to 420 or 422 you will see banding in the highlights with several HDR movies (such as John Wick 2 or Blade Runner 2049, for example).

As for ZDMC, the Zidoo player has better performance with movies (except for the Web-DL content that can have stutter issues as already mentioned by other forum users)...if you don't need ZDMC (Kodi) for other "things", I would really avoid using it.

16. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

Only with 422 you see banding not with 420.

17. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Also with 420 in 10 bit on OLED TV...I can assure you...if you just leave it AUTO everything's OK

18. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

With a lg 65b7 no banding, fw 2.0.34 in 420 10 bit

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

You are wrong but we live in a free world so set your player as you prefer...

20. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

I m not wrong. I see the same movie and the same scene with all the different settings so it s easy to watch the sky and notice if there are bandings or not. Sorry, but there aren't with Lg b7 420 10 bit (movie used far testing: Transformer the last knight)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.