New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movd

movd New Member

I have a Denon AVR and an ATMOS setup and have no issues with the Zidoo.

The Zidoo is bitstreaming and your AVR is processing it. Your AVR is not configured for ATMOS and is showing you what it is decoding - the TrueHD stream because that is all your system can handle.

dwalme likes this.
  2. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I believe you need the height speakers for atmos to work. If I disconnect my height speakers (5.1) on my Sony reciever I get TrueHD. If I reconnect them I get ATMOS.

dwalme likes this.
  3. apgood

apgood New Member

If you have a 5.1 setup you won't see Atmos on the Anthem AVR you will see the TrueHD mix.

That is how it works by design as the Atmos mix is just meta data in the TrueHD bitstream. If you don't have an Atmos speaker setup it doesn't use the metadata and see Atmos displayed.

Sounds like the Anthem support guy didn't give you the full explanation.

4. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Take a look at these https://www.onkyousa.com/Products/model.php?m=SKH-410&class=Speaker

They’re cheap and have decent sound quality. These will give you the height channels necessary for atmos

5. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Thanks for the explanation guys.

giangi76: HDMI CEC is off.

Update: Already tested as Anthem support guy said. Borrowed a Blu-ray player from a friend, poped a disc in and played. Still get the same result, only TrueHD showed on display. I have to fool the receiver that I have 7.1 speaker setup to get Dolby Atmos displayed on screen. End of story.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  6. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

Yes, it works like this with any other receiver. Unless you enable some height channels, you won't see Atmos decoding. You don't need to connect actual speakers to height channels, just enable the channels. And here you go Atmos logo.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Question on subtitles. I was looking for forced subtitles. How do you control subtitles language? For the movie I was looking for the are probably 1000 subtitles. First 100 is Arabic to Danish. I can’t get to English. Setting language to English US for sabtitles and download worked for me once only. After restarting the movie I was back in Arabic with all settlings to English US :(

I ended up downloading on PC and attaching manually.

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Update : watched a movie 1080p 7-10 gb file size no stutter or issues on 2.025 so it does seem to be file size is the cause of this stutter issue .

So the smaller the size 2-4 gb the issue occurs oddly .

9. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I’ve seen the stutter in large HEVC Netflix rips (better call Saul). It’s a really weird issue. I hope the zidoo team is quietly figuring it out.

10. dwalme

dwalme New Member

I also have the stutter in UHD bluray rips. Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle freezes up every few minutes. Almost like someone is momentary pausing and hitting play again.

11. DELUCAS

Jumanji 1080p dts mkv 8-9 gb version played butter smooth for me .

Cannot comment for 4K version .

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Do you see stutter issue with smaller files on 2.0.25?

I’m on 2.0.34 and don’t want to go through the downgrading process just to test couple of files.

13. DELUCAS

Hi 3DBuff the 4-5gb mkv 1080p 5.1 of lost world J.W. is the worst stuttering ive ever seen in all my movies i have on 2.025 .
    Watched an old 8-9gb mkv dts of 2001 2nd. Version sci fi movie last night no stuttering viewed .

This morning i upgraded to 2.0.34

Can only comment on 1080p movies but a high percentage of my movies i dont observe stuttering and the one that have an odd glitch are normaly some tv series or small 2-4 gb movies have a odd moment .

The only really really bad and first ever was jurassic world 2018 ive put that down to the download version 4-5 gb mkv size every circa 12 minutes it occured .
    Will get another version but bigger file and bet it will be gone .

Note : i can only comment on 1080p 24 material .

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The reason I asked about v.2.0.25 was because I didn’t run into stutter issue on .25. First time I saw strong stutter every 4 to 5 min was on .34.
    I was going to downgrade to.25 to eliminate the stutter.

15. DELUCAS

Well i saw in 2.0.25 but only that movie mentioned but its the movie file download .

Will watch another on 2.0.34 and report back but hearing another firmware coming ?

16. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i`m using 2.0.34 and recently i watched JW 2018 4k hdr with small file from psarips about 4Gb with DTS sound
    i dont see any stutter :(
    i will try 1080p version too and see if any stuttering occur

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

18. dwalme

dwalme New Member

My problem with Jumanji stuttering (more like momentarily pausing) seems to be network related.

Not sure why. Half dozen other devices have no problem with wired gigabit. However if I switch to wireless AC (where the AP is connected to the same wired switch as the X9S) there are almost no stutters.

Is there some advanced configuration for buffering, etc on the X9S?

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Connect PC to the same LAN cable from Zidoo and download Jumanji. Watch the speed graph and check for speed and consistency. Fix as required ;)

20. DELUCAS

What dont help is there are so many versions out there if from the w.w.w.
    And no two rips are the same and if not encoded properly etc will cause all sorts of issues .

Mine are stored internally on ssd drive so ive elimminated any network issues causing issues
    So its down to file .

But as 3DBuff has mentioned it does seem to point to size of file at the moment causing stuttering fault .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.