New firmware v2.0.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 25, 2018.

1. Hello mirror,

Is there any posibilities in future firmware that the Zidoo X9s UI will be updated like the one in the Zidoo X20 ?

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The home screen os on the X20 / Pro will be only for them models only as it stands .

3. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Going back to firmware 2.0.15 or 1.5 solves the problem. I did both successfully. I had some issues with 3D playback and V1.5. This was resolved with after updating to 2.0.15.

But I'm not sure if about the 23.98 issue with this version.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I posted this info in separate thread about reversed stereo left to right on analogue 3.5mm port. SPDIF (optical) is also reversed.

My TV setup is limited to stereo output only. It's not too bad to make or cut headphone cable, reverse white and red RCA plugs on stereo sound but it would be difficult to switch 5.1 surround coming from SPDIF. Maybe someone can confirm if optical port SPDIF is reversed left to right including front and back. My PCM 2.0 over SPDIF is reversed just like the 3.5mm audio out port. The only way to reverse 5.1 surround would be to flip speaker wires but this would ruin it for the rest of the sources ;)
    HDMI audio is OK.

The easiest way to test this is by downloading one of the audio demo files from Kodi Wiki side. The ones that call out all 7.1 channels are best for this. Playing the file you should hear corresponding channels coming from the speaker arrangement you have without anything missing.

Hopefully this could be corrected in firmware.

5. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

just plug the power off/switch off, wait for a couple minutes then power on
    it will reboot normally, but its better at least you do a factory reset once

6. perd

perd New Member Beta test group

There are improvements to Music Player.
    It will be nice if the next version is capable to handle USB Streaming via the Music Player.

7. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

It would be nice if the HT app offered trailers as well...

demiray and JohnS like this.
  8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like the idea of trailers very much. However if you going to spoil pristine 4K look and feel of HT than better don’t do it at all. I only keep best titles 3D and 4K in HT. Everything else goes to ZDMC. Don’t copy the trailer approach from Kodi (ZDMC). It works but the result is very poor and painful. First of all YouTube as source of trailers is a mistake. Any junk goes in there and they are all called official HD trailer. Second issue is with the playback. Using ZDMC build in function I always see strong stutter. Maybe it is Kodi player instead of native Zidoo player but the end result is really bad. For trailers the easiest way for me is to open presaved link to HD-Trailers.com from main strip on LG smart TV and watch pristine quality trailer from Apple.com site using LG build in Web Browser.

9. Icy

Icy New Member

One among all other features that Kodi(ZDMC) offer compared to HT...
    I still beeive that the Zido team should preferably invest into a full KODI support, instead of re-inventing the wheel...

Carsten Busch likes this.
  10. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

I agree. I want a rock solid KODI (and if possible without an external player like Shield). But instead investing time in HT I would like to see bugs removed like the "23.978" fps bug and the DTS:X bug !

11. godalmighty

sometimes i used flashdisk to transfer my file into my hdd that attached to my box
    and when i safe removed it, it show error when i attached it to my PC
    safe remove.jpg error.JPG
    i think its never really safe remove from the box
    i want to know, how i got a totally safe remove so it not gonna show error when i attached it to my PC

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Shut down the box

13. godalmighty

still the same even i shut down the box too :(

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Just ignore it. I bet if you hit scan it will tell you all is good.

15. godalmighty

nope, windows did repaired it after scanned
    for now its fine but i dont know if its gonna make a permanent damage or what

16. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Why still smb 1 only??
    Its a 1997 protocol, and very unsafe and critical for your nas.
    Implement smb 3.1.

No fix yet for not able to turn off bluetooth???
    Release fixes more often as this is unacceptable.

3DBuff likes this.
  17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i'm assuming you are using usb 3.0 ? i never had problems with my HDD, used it for half a year with my box. still use it with my PC 1 year later. still works just fine

18. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

What is the best settings to use for no stutter, no banding, correct colour profiles.

10 bit? 4:4:4? Limited Colour? Auto?

What settings give best results.

4k HDR TV

19. godalmighty

YCbCr 4:4:4 12bit Limited
    HDMI mode 2160p @60Hz
    Auto Switch both for frame rate & resolution
    this is the best i think for me
    i use LG UHD TV 55UH6500T

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Do you see stutter, banding and incorrect colour profile?