New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

Hi,
    My zidoo (before update and after update), shows a lot of banding/posterization in 4K HDR, and I don't know how setup it to avoid that. In deep colour i only see rgb 444, yuv 422 and yuv 444, but not 420. I made all combinations with 10 bits, 12 bits, deactivated, 444 rgb, 422 yuv and 444 yub, with always the same results. The image is always equal. I couldn't try 420 because that option doesn't appears, only the three mentioned.
    My device has HDMI RX setup in 2.0 and my projector is a VPL-Vw550es with HDMI enhance activated.

Thank you for your help.

2. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I also tried all posible settings with the same results you have.
    There is no better setting i think.

Also Zidoo has problems to play the first Full rip of an UHD disc.
    Black screen using the "Play" and "Blu Ray" button. Only way to play the movie is to open the correct m2ts file in the Stream folder. Hope they will check this out? ;)
    (Also Banding in the first Full rip of the UHD disc)

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  3. olisun

olisun Member

I tried the Smurfs 2 UHD rip and it shows me a blank screen. I can play the MTS file directly but it doesn't detect HDR.

Looks like some work is needed to get the UHD rips working.

4. javarix

javarix Member

friends from zidoo. have you really programmed this firmware version? Or just copied well? Are so many errors which do not concern me fortunately because I use the x9s only for hdmi recording, but all others seem so many problems with this firmware version to have? Incredible actually ...

Ps: why is a part of the setup settings from this firmware in vietnamese language?

:)Cheers to the next firmware version 1.5.0:)

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  5. aleks061

aleks061 New Member

Friends from zidoo! Please complete until the end of the Full BD Menu, not all the discs are played.

6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

If it is indeed a rip and not an elaborate bullshit project.

7. Roger Kao

Roger Kao New Member

Of course I know the money spent on 256gbf flash drive could offer me a extenal 2TB HDD...But I have my concern, it's hard to explain...
    I just want to know that if X9S support USB3.1? Otherwise there may be USB3.1 external HDD in the futre?

8. Roger Kao

Roger Kao New Member

Yes, i know it...I have lots of 3.5 inches external HDD, but it's more convenient for me to use flash drive...
    By the way, does anyone know about the bitrate in ver 1.4.4? I check it with "Mediainfo", it shows 20M.

9. olisun

olisun Member

I am not sure what does it even mean.

10. nick

nick New Member

hi is it worth putting on the v1.4.4 latest update as been reading all these posts and it seems even more bugs have been made instead of fixing bugs so any advice or help would be very much appreciated thank you

11. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

I'm saying the same thing - so many issues are being reported for V1.4.4 , some of them are major.
    I'm going to wait for Zidoo to fix the important bugs....for now I'll stay with V1.2.12 ...it's not perfect but it's stable most of the time.

12. Como faço para voltar para a versão?

13. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

That maybe it isn't a rip, maybe they have got a version from an online server that contains Atmos audio like they have in the past and authored it into a menu structure.
    The fact the main movie is 0001.mts sounds very fishy, normal blu ray's would not be authored that way.

14. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

For me Yes.
    I'm very happy with the new update for my use.

I only use the external player for Blu Ray Disc ISO and Folder structures, MKV and UHD MKV with internal and external srt subtitle file. For this, this player works perfect!
    *The updated "download subtitles" in this new upgrade is Perfect. They added Language codes.
    *Also the extended subtitle options you have with external subtitles and the extended offset timing are perfect.
    +Chapter sswitching with remote buttons up and down with the new firmware.
    +ZDMC not PREinstalled

For me, those are the most important things of a mediaplayer.

But, if they can fix the following problems, i will be much happier:
    *The Blu Ray Menu doesn't work as it should here.
    The first intro movie cut off after a few seconds, and then go straight to top menu with every Blu Ray here. (Yes, I did a factory restore after the firmware upgrade)
    *Internal/Integrated srt subtitle file can't use the extended subtitle options. (Please add the same options to the internal/integrated srt subtitles)
    *PGS/sup subtitle inside a MKV container displays not correct when you compare the same movie with the same PGS/sup subtitle in Blu Ray ISO or folder Structure. (Please check this and fix this)
    *Auto resolution switching isn't working correct between Full HD and UHD. You have to set it manually.
    *4K UHD always have banding in movies. Hope they can fix this with updates.

Nice update Team Zidoo. Looking forward to the next Firmware Upgrade.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  15. jo23

jo23 Member

Since this update my USB 3.0 external HDD is not recognized after powered on, i have to remove it and reconnect to work. :(

16. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Do you get it to work at USB3.0 speed ?

17. olisun

olisun Member

It's a proper rip and already confirmed by somebody who owns the original UHD disc of that movie.

I can play the mts with file with HDR directly from my LG OLED TV and the mastering is not like those crappy converted HDR rips you see floating around.

18. jo23

jo23 Member

Read 38 MB/s Write 34 MB/s

19. jo23

jo23 Member

HDD was connected on USB 2.0, if connected on USB 3.0 it is recognized on boot. This solution works for me.

20. xazar

xazar New Member

Minnətdaram, çox sağ olun...:)....Thank you very much.:D