New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

:):):)

2. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Alpha?o_O:eek:
    upload_2023-10-17_21-47-29.jpeg

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  3. Dusty

Dusty Member

Found another bug. If you listen to some dsd files stored locally on the internal ssd and then play an internet radio, the file type reported for the internet radio stream remains dsd.

Attached Files:

Spizz and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  4. CJW

CJW New Member

I have another feature request. Can the total album runtime be added to the Qubuz app within the Eversolo app when in album view?

Thanks

5. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

To me it makes no sense to have the spectrum display at all. The player is for listening too, not watching.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    Figasse and Desmodromic like this.
  6. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

I have a problem that hasn't been fixed with the latest update. If I don't listen to the end of an album and switch to another album, it plays the first two tracks and then repeats the second song on a loop. Then I can't click on a song by hand. He hangs in the second song. After a restart it works again. does anyone know the problem?

I'm playing from the internal SSD.

lemongrass likes this.
  7. HovingtoN

HovingtoN New Member

Personally, I like some eye candy in my audio rack while I play music.

I use Roon and I have a tablet showing the album playing and song info elsewhere in my room.

I use all the display modes, depending what I wanna see, Im glad they added the spectrum as well.

Eric777, kc001 and Kusalajoti Lens like this.
  8. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Then the music can’t be that interesting!

9. Webkemmi

Webkemmi New Member

I experience exactly the same issue! It happens not on every song but very often.

10. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

i had the same issue. I cleared the cache and scanned the library again and it was all good again

Pitscher and Nutul like this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If it is so annoying to you, then... just do not use them and just display the playback information; or switch the display off.

HovingtoN, Bonzo and Groucho Marx like this.
  12. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

I’m not annoyed, that’s exactly what I do. The player is in a cabinet. I just think Eversolo have made a rod for their own back by making it so flexible and trying to please everyone with their requests for trivial things like meters, maybe to the detriment of issues around functionality and the sound.

Look at my comment at post #185.

Desmodromic likes this.
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

To some extent you may be right, but the devs are working to fix the issues, making progress little by little.
    The code for the VUs and the FFT was already there, just needed to be incorporated in the A6 with little to no effort, so they did... and at least part of the audience got satisfied.

HovingtoN likes this.
  14. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

I’m very satisfied with it, I have the Master Edition and it sounds tremendous. Apart from some early functionality issues I love it!

Nutul likes this.
  15. Daphan

Daphan New Member

Is anyone else noticing an annoying pop everything a track change? I thought it was just with Amazon Music but it happens with ROON too. It wasn't there before this firmware. I am using an external DAC so if you're using the internal DAC then you'll probably won't affected.
    This is to do with a sampling rate change even though the sample rate is fixed in ROON.

Bonzo likes this.
  16. Lucien

Lucien Member

Since installing the latest firmware, I have a problem with the SMB server.
    I use the Evesolo SSD as NAS and read (video) files from it on my Z9X..
    Before the latest software, it worked great but now, I have stop/freeze at random time, from 1 minute to 40 minutes several time in the movie.
    Does anyone which use the Eversolo as a NAS have the same issue ?

17. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

For me its not a pop, its like it plays the beginning of the song for a millisecond, then stops, then starts again. Its not a "pop" noise. It sounds like a stutter in the music. Very annoying.

18. DanneS

DanneS New Member

With the new firmware I have problem playing DSD/DSF via DLNA, it worked with the previous firmware.

19. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll test it.

20. Webkemmi

Webkemmi New Member

Exactly. That is my experience too!

Bonzo likes this.