New firmware v1.1.80 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Aug 9, 2023.

1. arizona audiophile

arizona audiophile New Member

How do you do this?... I looked at their database and nothing for the Eversolo is listed. I'd love to program just on and off...becuase the rest I handle with Roon. Any info appreciated.

2. glc650

glc650 Member

I originally used the ES remote to "manually" add the A6 to my Harmony setup. Then, when the A6 got officially added to Harmony's database I deleted my manually added A6 and re-added it using the db entry. On the ES remote (and in the Harmony db), the power button does both on and off (so the on and off commands are not discrete). The release notes for 1.1.80 make it sound like a discrete power off was added but not a discrete power on (I don't know why they would do this and I doubt the Harmony db was updated).

3. arizona audiophile

Thanks, but I can't find the A6 in the Harmony Database.... I searched on Eversolo DMP-A6. Crickets. Should I be searching on some other name?

4. glc650

glc650 Member

mfg Eversolo
    model DMP-A6
    is what I used when I officially added it so I don't know. I have a Harmony hub based remote. I added it a few days after the db got updated.

5. arizona audiophile

That's how I searched.. there's nothing under that name or model #. I do have the remote on order. Hopefully I can clone the IR codes to my Harmony Hub.

6. glc650

glc650 Member

I had no issues when I did it. Just more time consuming that way.

7. arizona audiophile

Thanks again.. just searched again.. comes up with nothing... will wait for the remote next week I guess... I can live with it.

8. glc650

glc650 Member

I just checked and Eversolo is there but not DMP-A6. Not sure why it was removed.

9. glc650

glc650 Member

Do we know how long the staged rollout takes before .80 is available to everyone?

10. arizona audiophile

I wonder if there is another Eversolo product that shares the on/off codes?

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can install manually as I did.

12. Dane

Dane New Member

How do you do it manually?

13. Dane

Dane New Member

I'm in Canada, app updated but no software update on my unit yet.

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Download it; put as-is that zip on an USB stick and go to setup on DMP-A6 for a manual update from the stick.

15. JRicoC

JRicoC New Member

Easiest way is to download the zip file on a PC or tablet/phone. Copy the file to the DMP-A6, via SAMBA, and do a "USB" update, specifying the location of the saved file in place of the "USB" location ...

16. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

A big thank you goes out to @mirror and the team from me. The work you have done here (for me) is amazing. I can report for me that (so far) my cd rom is behaving itself and not pausing (Pioneer BDRXD07TB), Ive even been jumping around the interface to try to stress it but all good so far. The new IPad controller is leaps ahead of the last version. If I’ve got some disappointment its still in the music management area for example for artists when you go into their albums there is no sort option (it sorts alphabetically) id love options like by year….

17. JRicoC

JRicoC New Member

Yep. Library Management has not been updated. This is not to single out Eversolo, as most apps/devices don't provide robust options for grouping and sorting of music libraries. Hopefully, these issues will be addressed in future updates ...

18. Daphan

Daphan New Member

@mirror Tidal updated their library to include Hi-Res flac, which will require ann update of their app. Will this a6 internal tidal app need to be updated too in the future to be able to play hi-res?

Jaws_audiophile likes this.
  19. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Eversolo amp

20. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Eversolo amp !