New firmware v1.1.80 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Yup, thank you for the detailed explanation! I'm quite new to the streaming radios world and I've noticed some third-party apps provide some little extra information than others for the same radio (song + artist info mainly). I would be happy with something like that, if it's doable. ;)

2. @Darken, good move from the NA6006, which I had too, wasn't happy with it. Constant WLAN crashes :mad:, you don't have that with the DMP-A6. I've had it since June and no crashes so far. What about TuneIn? I also have a NAIM N-272 network player which is connected to the DMP-A6, guess which device I listen to all my music on, right Eversolo DMP-A6 :):rolleyes: Why? because it sounds better.

3. Darken

Darken New Member

Thank you for explaining. I supposed that it depends on the client application. I'm hoping that the team from Zidoo will add this feature.
    The app is in BETA for now - let's hope they can manage to add this.

4. Darken

Darken New Member

I still have the NA 6006. I'm not to "unhappy" with him, but the display is poor, no MQA and I hate using Tidal trough the HEOS app. Actually the HEOS app is for me the worst thing.
    I must admit that I had no WLAN crashes on the NA 6006.
    I installed TuneIn on the Eversolo and didn't like it. I always had to cast the screen to my Samsung S21 and try to bypass the first screen to get it to play. The NA 6006 plays the last stream that was on before you power it off - more "wife friendly" :)

So I was happy to see the Internet radio app in the latest firmware update. I just missing the metadata on the screen trough this app.

5. Frans

Frans New Member

As from 1.8 my Lenovo tablet refuses to cast and the Music tab gives regularly "Eversolo Controller stopped".

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yes, you are absolutely right on this.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Doable, it is. It depends on the devs willing to spend time implementing it correctly.
    It's not magic: you "only" need to know:
    1. how links providing metadata work
    2. leaving the end user the possibility to enter the radio stream url by hand

Then you have a radio app that is working as it should (well, as every browser is, which is not far from my statement...)

8. AZJ2

AZJ2 New Member

Try the dual USB cord, works great by providing more power to the cd player. I'm using the HiRose ripper but bought a dual USB which works better than the single that came with it. Using the factory cable, it was difficult to eject C.D.s

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  9. Frans

Frans New Member

Well, I have the same problem. My 12 year old, but still fine working Apple CD/DVD drive did well under V1.1.75; a 60+ minute CD in 5 minutes. Ripping with a LG drive got stuck several times and ripping went wrong in the end. Album not traceable in the Cast/Music app, only as separate tracks in the Files option. Could play the album but without any metadata; "No playback content". If you are used to dbPoweramp ripping software, the rip function of the DMP-A6 is disappointing anyway. Earlier I mentioned that my Lenovo tab refuses to cast under 1.1.80. And now this. In my world a new release means improvement, but unfortunately not in this case. The joy of listening to the great sound qualities of the DMP-A6 gets gradually overshadowed by the increasing frustrations about its imperfections. I hope it gets better in the new release. There are three keywords in software development: testing, testing, testing :))

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  10. ᎷᎧᎮᎧℨ

ᎷᎧᎮᎧℨ New Member

There was a problem in the vk music (Boom) application, the sensor does not respond to touch, application control became impossible in version 1.1.80 update.
    Mouse control doesn't work either except for scrolling

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  11. claudio53ge

claudio53ge New Member

Sorry to bother! One of the main reason I wish to buy is because has amazon app (HD) as native ! Presently I have heos which does use a proprietary interface not so good! DOES IT REALLY HAVE AMAZON MUSIC as native (after all is android)! I DO NOT WISH TO Chromecast from android

Figasse likes this.
  12. Zar

Zar New Member

When will there be a bug fix for the stuttering cast usage?

13. Figasse

Figasse New Member

I use Amazon Music to stream HD tracks every day on my A6.

14. Pitscher

Pitscher New Member

Change after a reboot and with every album.:mad:

15. Adams

Adams New Member

For me, deactivating fixed volume output helped here. I also had this issue with Qobuz. Greetings

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    Spizz likes this.
  16. Adams

Adams New Member

When using it with the digital coaxial output the volume control is working here, but the volume range is rather small. But do you have any lipsync problems when using it this way? In my case the delay is so big, you can’t use it.

17. Chanat

Chanat New Member

Hi @mirror, I have been having a problem with Apple Music App when playing songs in shuffle mode with different albums. Playing a single album is not a problem. The song stops about 3-10 seconds before it is supposed to end, and the next song starts immediately. Please investigate and correct the problem in the next firmware update.

18. SausageDog

SausageDog Member

Is anybody aware if Eversolo is currently working on a new firmware update and in case what has been planned to be fixed among the several issues that are still standing?

doctorf likes this.
  19. Guenter

Guenter Member

I think the firmware is not that bad, but the cooperation with the apps is probably buggy. ( The previous version was not so - unfortunately, the new features are also important to me ).
    As already described by me, the display of the APP is not synchronized with what is displayed in the cast (what is played). The preview then has the previously played or a spinning wheel. Especially seems to be the case with 24/192 flac files.

20. Frans

Frans New Member

I experience the same problem with scrolling, and in my opinion it is a serious problem! Scrolling in the cast mode is sometimes very bothersome. The music function in the main screen doesn't have this problem. If going back from a song to the album, i.e. the tracklist of the album is your problem, than I think you can use the ... just right of the VU. In the pop-up screen you have the possibility to switch to the album tracklist, or the artist page. Does this solve your problem?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023