New firmware v1.1.60 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jun 3, 2023.

1. neoitata

neoitata Member

Great work!
    May i suggest option to group multiple disc album (same artist) to one album.
    Various artists compilations also sort by name Various artists.
    Thanks.

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will do sort by artist and date.

jorgemg1984, Spizz and Stuj like this.
  3. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

Great!

4. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I do not own this unit yet arrives at the end on month so i appologize if you can do this already.

Is the date of Album displayed?
    Also can you like say click an info icon to display all metedata you have included in album?
    i have read you can add fav tracks can you do this for an album, a much better way in my opinion.

5. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

No

6. Jeff Chang

Jeff Chang New Member

Is there a risk to re-install v1.1.46 over v1.1.60?

I found that the volume, say both set at -48dB, on v.1.1.60 is lower than v1.1.46.

Also the Roon connection seems to be more reliable on v.1.1.46. I experienced couple times of connection issue with v.1.1.60. But not 100% sure if this is more related to the LAN connection or the FW version.

7. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Roon is my main use case for the DMP - I haven't noticed any issues since I ran the FW upgrade to 1.1.60.

Will keep an eye out though.

8. Jeff Chang

Jeff Chang New Member

Thanks a lot for the sharing.

The message that I got from Roon when this issue happened is something like "the device is out-of-control now and...." and the music stopped playing. and then A6 would be reconnected but I needed to push the "Play" button to get the song played again.

BTW, do you experience or feel the volume difference issue?

9. Arcticpollen

I haven't noticed it to be honest.

10. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Before you try anything further, have you tried reset the unit and start all over?

11. Jeff Chang

Jeff Chang New Member

I did but the volume issue was still there.

As for the Roon connection issue, I just did a reboot on my Roon Rock a while ago and the connection is quite stable now. Hope it will stay that way :)

12. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

I am seeing something similar when using the HDMI output of the DMP-A6. Specifically, if I have Roon open and play a song, if I select a different song and press play in Roon, it will stop and pause. Then if I hit unpause, it skips to the next song. If I try to push play for the previously selected song, it often will not play. I will try to replicate the exact steps - so far it seems to happen more often than not, but it can be intermittent.

This only happens with DMP-A6 HDMI out is selected. If I use the DAC and XLR outputs, I have no such issues with Roon - each song can be played with no issues.

13. Jeff Chang

Jeff Chang New Member

XLR is my only output now and so far I have not tried HDMI. The Roon connection was quite stable yesterday but I only listened about 30min music before going to sleep. Will try to listen for longer time this weekend.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  14. neoitata

neoitata Member

May i suggest option, when i put new album on HDD and connect HDD to A6, streamer cannot recognise a new file automatically and don't ask if i want to put the file in library. That will be a good option (or maybe scan disk and recognise a new file).
    I cannot put a new file to library too.

15. Jammer

Jammer Member

Congrats for this huge release, waiting for mine that hopefully will arrive within end of month, any possibility to have NAA (HQPlayer) protocol in next releases?
    Many thanks for spent effort!

Bkido likes this.
  16. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Just received mine, finally, after two weeks of waiting.

Too busy today, will only unbox tommorow. Is firmware v1.1.60 available via OTA now? If not I’ll have to download then.

upload_2023-6-13_17-42-35.jpeg upload_2023-6-13_17-43-18.jpeg

Spizz, Bkido and Jammer like this.
  17. neoitata

neoitata Member

You must download it and update it via usb

18. ammar11

Alright, thanks, just what I thought. Not a problem, been doing that with my other Zidoo products for many years.

19. Arcticpollen

Mine updated to the latest FW (1.1.60) OTA when it was released.

ammar11 likes this.
  20. ammar11

Aha, that’s good to know. I’ll try via OTA tomorrow. Thanks!