My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... on Long Term

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

2. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

3. xliv

xliv Member

Thanks Olivier, this is very helpful.
    It's unfortunate however to have to disassemble the original collection, ideally you'd like to keep your Iron Man in the Iron Man collection, and in the MCU.
    I used to do this in my previous platform (Emby), as it was possible for a movie to be in several collections.

Maybe a feature request to Zidoo team to allow movies to be in several collections?
    I agree this is a very special case, there are not a lot of applications for this.

4. OlivierQC

Hello xliv,

Yes I agree with you and I had asked on the forum, unfortunately it is not possible.

If by any chance Zidoo see this message and if they are not too busy :D

5. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Here are my settings which are appropriate with my equipment and with which I am satisfied, but which will perhaps not be appropriate for you.

[​IMG]

-------------

Additional settings are available depending on your personal preferences or due to the limitation of your TV

-------------

Here is the link of the Markswift2003 thread to understand all the different settings of the Zidoo devices, I recommend you to have a look at it.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players.82695/

See you soon

6. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Hi Oliver

I have the setting like yours

I mean especially HDMI Mode, Lock Resolution - I have 3840x2160 23Hz (I don't know why this setting is recommended at 23 Hz and not, for example, 60 Hz - I probably haven't read something ) and here I have a question:
    I have movies all 23,976, when I turn on the movie, the image disappears for a few seconds, the image is black and a movie appears in a moment ...
    I wonder what makes the picture disappear for a moment( it is black) ? - after all, I set the menu to 23Hz

Is it via: Frame Rate? How to reconcile it so that black does not blink?

7. OlivierQC

Hello Eleonor,

You can leave the GUI in 60Hz if you want it doesn't bother if I trust Markswift's comment.

For the black screen, unless I'm mistaken, it depends on your receiver and your TV and the time it takes them to switch to the right frequency.

To confirm with an expert like Mark or Sledgehamma

In my case, with these settings and my equipment I get a minimum of black screen.

See you soon

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes it is logical to put the interface in 23.976, because like everyone else we have a video library in this format;
    This allows when you launch a film often in 23.976 to have very little black screen, in 60hz for example the change of framerate will be longer !!

Me, who is from France, I have a lot of files (mkv and ts) in 25 hz and often the Zidoo passes them in 50hz .......... I would prefer that they stay in 25hz ..... ..... this is a bug that is recurrent for many firmwares!

9. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Hi Olivier! How about vob sub in mkvs on Z1000 Pro? In the native player I still face sometimes that only about 70% of the .sub get's displayed. I switched to .srt where it was possible though, but still a nasty bug since ages for X9S, Z9S, Z9X.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is HDMI sync. It happens whenever the HDMI mode changes - either refresh (frame) rate, HDR mode or resolution. The time taken for the sync to happen depends on the display - some can doing pretty much immediately, some take a few seconds.

Some take many seconds!!

11. OlivierQC

@armin,

Sorry as I said at the beginning of my thread I don't use subtitles at all except on rare occasions with forced subtitles.
    But if the problem is present on the X series, it will also be present on the Pro series, in my opinion.

12. OlivierQC

Thanks for the explanations Mark :)

Here is what it looks like with my equipment, the TV switches to the right mode as well as my receiver which also switches by making the characteristic noise which irritates me, I think that it is my receiver which is the longest to switch to the right mode.

I use standard audio/video equipment.

Pioneer Elite SC-LX704
    Zidoo Z1000 PRO
    Sony 77A9G
    Focal Dome 5.1.2/7.1
    Monster Black Platinum

See you soon

13. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

You have about 8 seconds from the moment you turn it on.
    I will check how much I have :)
    It irritates me a bit ...

14. OlivierQC

Honestly I don't even pay attention to this detail, I pay attention to it because you talk about it but I am satisfied on my side.

And with Mark's advice for the settings, we no longer have the black/flash screens that appeared several times before the movie.

For information, I chose 3 seconds of pause for the Frame-Rate, I don't know if it has an influence.

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a CX and see no black crush. Are you on the latest CX firmware and latest Zidoo firmware?

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I sometimes get a black screen with my Z9X and my LG CX. Not related just to VS10. Seems to be some sort of handshake issue. It will get to main menu OK but when I open HT4 I get black screen. After 30 seconds it goes back to main screen. To fix I need to either turn the Z9X on/off or the AVR on/off.

Doesn't happen if the Z9X is is the first device to be used from everything turned off. Happens if I move from watching say my ATV and then to Z9X.

17. karipu

karipu Member

-

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  18. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

For those who read my threads and reviews generally know that I am very satisfied with the Zidoo boxes and can also read other threads of people who do not have good results and even sell their box because they are not able to see a single movie without having a problem...

I also regularly see on forums or social networks people wondering if their network/NAS setup will work with a Zidoo device regardless of the model... but there are many factors come into play that one person's experience will not be the same as another even if they had the same equipment.

I decided to add to my threads dedicated to Zidoo devices a section that will show my network setup and equipment.

this's my experience for what it's worth...

-------------

I am on Bell Canada with a Gigabit Fibe package.

[​IMG]

-------------

Here is the model of ethernet cables that I use with my installation, I have different length of cable of course.

[​IMG]

-------------

Here is a representation of my network installation
    [​IMG]

-------------

My hard drives are old Seagate external drives that I disassembled a few years ago and used in my DS218J and in my Orico 9558ru3 with my old Zidoo X9S in 2017

[​IMG]

My Orico 9558ru3 not working anymore I just replaced it with a Synology DS418 Value.

[​IMG]

My 3 NAS are in SMB/EXT4 format and I have no protection enabled in Synology's software and I use them for storage and nothing more..

DS218J / jbod 2x8Tb
    DS418 Value / jbod 3x5Tb + 1x8Tb
    Personal Cloud Seagate 1x5Tb

[​IMG]

-------------

The router, my PC and my NAS are in the basement of the house connected by a CAT 6 rj45 cable (approximately 70 feet long) that runs....

[​IMG]

...along the outside wall and goes to the opposite side of the house in the video room on the 1st floor of the house connected to a D-Link DGS-108 8-Port Gigabit that dispatches the signal to my 2 Zidoo devices, my TV, and my receiver.

[​IMG]

-------------

With this equipment and the way I use it, I have no problem playing any video file format (which is compatible with the Zidoo of course).

For the moment the highest bit-rate I have had is about 95.7 Mb/s with a movie.

I use SMB and have never had a problem.

For those who like tests even if it's not representative of normal use, I tried JellyFish files and all the ones I have work properly

[​IMG]

-------------

This gives you an idea of my complete installation and not just the Zidoo next to the TV pictured on my threads

I hope you didn't waste your time reading my message and that it will help you in your choices.

See you soon

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Meinie, Ozonestrike777 and xskip like this.
  19. OlivierQC

[​IMG]
    NAS SMB Tutorial

I am not an expert in NAS setup, my method is basic but works.

I have always used SMB with my Zidoo devices.

There are certainly better tutorials out there and I invite you to look on the internet for more information on all the possibilities Synology's DSM offers.

Thank you

----------

At the bottom of the page, there is a link to download the Zidoo tutorial which explains in addition to the SMB, the setting of your Synology with the NFS.

----------

let's start

Open "Synology Assistant" and start a search.

Your NAS will appear and double click on the one of your choice.

DSM of Synology will open

[​IMG]

DSM is open, click on ''Panel Control''

[​IMG]

In Panel Control click on ''File Services

[​IMG]

Select SMB and click on ''Advanced Settings

[​IMG]

In this window you have the choice to select SMB1 or SMB 2, it is your choice knowing that SMB1 is not recommended anymore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then click on the tab ''Advanced'', check the following options and that's it for this part

[​IMG]

Click on ''Share folder'' and ''Create''

[​IMG]

Enter the name you want to give to your folder and a description, you can also uncheck ''Enable Recycle Bin'', click on next a few times...

[​IMG]

...To this screen and click on ''Apply''

[​IMG]

Your sharing folder ''TV Show'' is created

Click on ''Edit'', ''Permissions'', ''Permissions'' and check the box as shown on the image ....

[​IMG]

it is finished

[​IMG]

By going to the panel ''Network'' of win10, our folder ''TV Show'' is here, it is perfect.

[​IMG]

Then, you are free to modify / edit other options, there are many tutorials on the internet.

----------------

let's open HT4.0 and I will create a new source with the folder ''TV Show'' available on my NAS D418 Value.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I select the ''TV Show'' folder

[​IMG]

I enter the Username and password I use for my Synology DSM

[​IMG]

I am in the folder ''TV Show'', it is empty, I did not put anything in it

[​IMG]

Here is my way of doing things, hoping that I have not wasted your time and that it will help you.

----------------

NAS SMB Tutorial and NFS Sharing Setup

By Zidoo

Zidoo thinks of you and offers an excellent tutorial to download to configure a Synology NAS in SMB or NFS according to your preferences.

Download link :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGoe-zmd6xeL445he_ypZV3PFl1Fks90/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    JakeA likes this.
  20. JakeA

JakeA New Member

@OlivierQC .. Merci Beaucoup!!!
    I've been looking for a detailed guide for SMB/NFS shares for Zidoo and you created one. Thanks a million!