Music Player Album covers

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stephen Smith, Nov 11, 2021.

1. muha

muha Active Member

I just tried out those Kraftwerk dts wav files that doesn't work MP and they work fine.

2. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

so why aren't they advertising and letting people know that this is really a betta product, and sell it as a betta because its obviously not a finished product .
    I don't understand why people aren't more upset . As far as I'm concerned I've been conned and ripped off .This isn't a finished product but is priced as a finished product . I will be contacting Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). As these shouldn't be selling here as far as I'm concerned

Six66Mike likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I don't often "have a go" at Zidoo but the above is a really good and well presented argument. Zidoo have had long enough I feel to place its MP6 house in order. Are these players "Media" players or not? That is the question. Surely media is not limited to Video is it? Surely Music is included. If not then maybe Zidoo should drop the word "Media" from their advertising etc.

Maybe the answer lies in the limited memory these players ship with? - 2GB doesn't cut it these days and results in many other issues. Sorry to harp on although I feel sure that MP6 cannot be fixed. People bang on about HT4 and whilst progress there has been seen, MP6, 15 months on (from when I bought my Z1000 Pro), is still useless.

Stephen Smith likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

My Z1000 Pro is described as High End. Why are you defending Zidoo, may I ask? MP6 is part and parcel to the Zidoo's system as HT4 is yet MP6 has been left to rot. Clearly your priorities and those of Zidoo are the same, which to be frank is not supporting the argument to get MP6 fixed.

muha and Stephen Smith like this.
  5. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

yeah i don't understand why people are blindly sticking up for these players. Its obvious there is and has been and will be a lot of issues for sometime .Why are they still selling these and if i was to buy one of there more so called up market versions and its operating system's is the same ie there so called poster wall. I would really loose it .I mean you really cant charge the amount they are for those top end units with the inherent problems they have

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 may I ask what the latest is with MP6 and what's in the pipeline please?

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my Zidoo and until something very much better comes along, I'm quite happy. Progress has been made thanks to the Zidoo team in many areas but as I have said, MP6 has been left to rot

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Most media players don't have the function of managing music. They can only play them and rely on third-party application to manage music files.
    When we decide to do this function at some point, we just want to give users a better experience. If we can get enough samples, I think we can do better. Like the development of HT4.
    So anybody can provide some music files with a cover in plex but no cover in MP6 that will be great.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    muha likes this.
  9. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Thanks all.

I've installed the G version of the latest firmware, activated google play, and purchased USB Audio pro, but it seems stuck on download pending.

Is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

Cheers

K

Update - now working. Thanks again.

rozel likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've not been involved with Music Player I'm afraid.

Yet.....

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Installed UAPP on my Smart Phone first and next moved it to my media players. All sharing the same Google account.
    UAPP is a bit nasty with its license. It checks it on regular basis and you need an additional APP to get it signed.

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I don't use HT4 and I find too much attention is made on this - I don't need fancy pics of a film I want to watch - don't see the point really. Similarly I don't need pics of an Album or Artist when playing music. I just need enough to click on a title to play it. Scraping music is far far far too slow and can take up to five attempts to complete - why has this never been improved? - it is this that is my biggest issue with MP6.

Never mind Plex, just take a look at UAPP - this is the preferred method of music playback on Android boxes/phones by true Audiophiles, nothing really compares with it IMHO. You don't need to scrape - your music is just there instantly and provides the listner with just about everything they need. I'm tempted though to go back to my Tablet or even my Phone to stream music to my external DAC as, as you have probably read, my Zidoo doesn't have enough memory to play TIDAL music, when it's intergrated in UAPP. You say "Most media players don't have the function of managing music." Not really a good reason not to improve things and I say again if the Zidoo's cannot play music, then they are not really "media" players.

Just my tuppenceworth - I fully understand that others will have their differing views. And I do appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes to solve members' issues. Maybe though having said all that, I may be mixing up playing and managing music but I still maintain a media player should do both.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've not found this so far - UAPP plays nicely on both my Zidoo (apart when playing TIDAL streams) and my Tablet. I've yet to try playing with TIDAL integrated on my Tablet's UAPP and indeed via my phone - I don't see a case for the latter as the screen is too small. But not found an issue signing in using the same login credentials and that's too whith UAPP's additional In-App purchases. But I don't use Google for logins

Mabon likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes after the by the way excellent DV and HT4 projects I think it is highly time for MP6 and Neo OLED Screen to develop further.
    Happy to contribute to those. Started already with a suggestion list for Neo Models using that OLED panel.

Mabon likes this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

So you don't have your Zidoo players in your hifi chain? How do you play your music then, may I ask?

16. muha

muha Active Member

I think it is clunky and should be revamp bottom up, mentioned this few times before. I think that photo app should be dropped entirely and just incorporate thumbnail mode into Media Center. I think that 13 years old WD Hub does something's better. I had arguments with WDC developers who wouldn't listen to costumers and who in the end killed WD TV line of devices. So far I have noticed that someone listens here and there is steady work on updates. But I don't find "it is not Plex" argument constructive. I bought z10pro so I wouldn't have to use Plex anymore. Basically because it is not Plex.

Stephen Smith and rozel like this.
  17. muha

muha Active Member

And I do think that Zidoo ppl rushed with HiEnd audio devices without fully developed music app or alternative to it (like fork of USB Audio Player Pro that you all love). But it is their hot potato, this is forum, made of members, lets make constructive contribution to further development of apps.

Mabon, Stephen Smith and rozel like this.
  18. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

The argument is not about it not being plex the argument is that plex works when you ad music or a movie it pics up all the info and covers etc .The argument that this is advertised as a working unit with its great music player and poster wall ,Well guess what they don't work that's the argument

Mabon and rozel like this.
  19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I agree totally and hope I've not upset anyone

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

May I ask in simple terms how Plex works? Do you install it on the Zidoo? I thought it was meant for PC installation (like Roon) but this is a no go for me as my PC is in a different room to my Hifi and HTS stuff.