Music Player Album covers

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stephen Smith, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

I have installed it on the zidoo but i didn't want to use that i wanted there poster wall to work that was the whole idea of purchasing this unit

2. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

the unit itself with picture and sound is amazing its just the rest i find really lacking , Even the speed the poster wall loads is way to slow for such a high end unit ,my basic nvidia shield kills it for that

3. muha

muha Active Member

Plex used to be open source media server software(fork of Kodi) now turning into media streaming platform. Emby and Jellyfin are similar software. They need server to be installed on PC/MAC/NAS/Linux server and server creates library. Than you use client app to browse and stream content of the library. Basically advanced DLNA. Thing is Plex server for android is only available for Nvidia Shield device and you need Plex Pass (monthly, yearly or for life)subscription. For PC you can use basic / free server without some perks. Works well with Plex client on Smart TVs.
    For example you could run EMBY server on Zidoo devices, and that run EMBY client to browse and play library content. But with HT it is meaningless.
    And just in last 2-3 years Plex started concentrating on music streaming too.

rozel likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

For whole house audio (10 clients) I use Squeezebox. In the Cinema, connected to the PMCs, I use a Squeezebox Transporter, but it's rare I listen to music in there despite having the most expensive speakers.

In the den here, connected to M&K speakers, I use a Linn Majik DS.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh Thanks @Markswift2003 , seem to recall you mentioning that before - Note to myself............ google Squeezebox :)

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Haha! Love it :):):):):)

Mabon likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Squeezebox is awesome - it's been abandoned by Logitech for a long time in much the same way that Logitech seem to abandon everything cool they do but it has a very loyal and large following and is supported by a few die hard Logitech employees.

Nice thing is that it's standalone, so if you have a properly tagged collection (as I do - some 130,000 tracks) it's a breeze and you're not reliant on the vagaries of the internet. The only problem these days is finding the clients - genuine players are hard to come by and expensive but fortunately there are a lot of Raspberry Pi solutions out there that are bomb proof. Loads and loads of plugins too..

9. muha

muha Active Member

I wish I could find Squeezebox Touch for my studio. Stupidly I gave mine to a friend.

10. Markswift2003

Ooh that was a mistake!

But in a studio you really need a Transporter with balanced outputs but they're as rare as rocking horse poo now. To be fair the Touch is no slouch either - that's what I use in my den.

!cid_243ef9ce-a845-4730-a752-54b7892624fb@winuk.jpg

!cid_c5540e5c-fcbc-42fa-8fb0-cef32c0b9f54@winuk.jpg

Stephen Smith likes this.
  11. muha

muha Active Member

Painter's studio :D
    I have Panasonic SC-HTB170 soundbar, built in bass reflex so no need for subwoofer. I usually stream Spotify but it would be nice not to use BT and mobile phone.

12. Markswift2003

LOL :)

Stephen Smith likes this.
  13. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Hi
    I plan to buy a Z1000 Pro. I heard the Spotify has been integrated since a few firmware.
    I have a Denon Av reciever and integrated Spotify, another version installed on my cell phone (Unlocked, with which no ads are running), and if I continue streaming to Denon, then of course Denon AV continues with ads.

Now if I forward my Spotify on Zidoo (version without commercial breaks) then on zidoo will it continue to be played with advertising or without? But not via bluetooth!
    How will it work with Zidoo?
    Thanks in advance.

14. Markswift2003

Don't know where you heard that - as far as I know Spotify isn't supported.

15. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

16. Markswift2003