Music Player Album covers

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stephen Smith, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

Just coming from a plex setup where i have no problem matching the album cover art to this thing where i would say only about 30% of the album art is matched how do i fix this ,or is there no way and i just have to live with it
    Thanks

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Should need a sample folder.

3. muha

muha Active Member

Easiest way is to have folder.jpg in album folder.

4. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

yes but is very poor when plex does it so easily and this so called high end player cant not impressed so far.

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Pls provide a sample folder to us.

6. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

how do i do that

7. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

actually upon further checking i would say 80% of my music files haven't been imported where in plex it picks up all of them

8. muha

muha Active Member

Unfortunately Music app is still mess. But it's getting frequent updates.

9. muha

muha Active Member

10. muha

muha Active Member

11. muha

muha Active Member

Just write down your folder structure and naming
    for example
    mine is
    5.1/artist/album
    01 Name of the song.wav

12. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Yes, this is the perfect solution. I've been doing this for years, and its perfect for album art display with all players. The folder structure doesn't matter.

upload_2021-11-11_10-37-58.png

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  13. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

All well and good but as i was saying with plex you don't have to do any of that and its free , Pay a fortune for this and it doesn't even work properly, really disappointed.

14. muha

muha Active Member

It is not many things, and I guess everyone is lacking or missing something from what they are used to. But it does have potential to be great, and so far developers have been working on every comment that has been made on forum.

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Value for money is actually very good for the total Zidoo series of players. ;)

I do see good improvements with actual playback of various audio formats and also lyrics work a lot better too.
    Yes the what I call Jukebox (Library) can be further be improved for sure but albums do sound great by now without most of the many quirks present earlier on. :)
    I do expect the same to happen here as with HT before with few wishes left. just give them some more time. :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    DELUCAS likes this.
  16. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

actually it is not free as such !

Plex makes most of its money to-date with the Plex Pass, a subscription tier for users who want to access premium features that include the ability to record over-the-air television, download media to mobile devices for offline viewing and more.

muha likes this.
  17. Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith New Member

yes but the free version is still miles ahead on its interface than i imagine this player ever will be .
    Its more intuitive, easier to use and gets the art work and title correct as with this player i spent a day fixing movies it couldn't match and yet plex had no issue at all recognizing them

18. muha

muha Active Member

You can download zdmc (zidoo kodi fork) or emby server from their site, and emby app if you are looking for plex like experience.

19. muha

muha Active Member

Obviously they have been ignoring yours, I am wondering why LOL

20. toshu

toshu Member

I have given up on MP for the time being and just used UAPP for HiFi play back.

Mabon likes this.