I have a wish.I want the clock to continue to appear in standby mode.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Djdragon, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Hello Zidoo and everyone.
    I'm new to Zidoo. (So far Dune HD Vision Solo 4k)
    I have a wish.
    Be able do you add an option for the front display?
    Is there any way to turn on the always-on clock? I would like to continue to display the clock (as with Dune) even when the player is switched off (in standby) !
    Several users may want to see a clock on standby.

Thank you and hope for feedback.

It is important to me that Zidoo waves an answer, whether it is possible or not ?!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    AngryVirginian likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You are talking about a sleepmode with time display. The HiFi models don't have a sleepmode as these switch off the analog Linear PSU with a relay.
    It depends if the display remains powered with a sleepmode. With Dune it is fed low voltage during sleep and displays low only. For the Dune HD Real Vision one can keep it powered-on as it only consumes slightly more running idle.

Real Vision Power consumption measurements:
    Idle: 1.5 W
    Play: 2.8 W
    Sleep: 1.2 W
    Standby: <0.1 W

There are EC regulations for consumption during standby which say it may consume 1 W max and 2W max with a display.
    Leaving it powered running idle most standard media player models consume below 4W. That is not an arm and a leg either.

3. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

I also measured, and the Z1000 Pro consumes 4 watts when on and 0.5 watts in standby. Well maybe not much, but something that energy prices have exploded in Europe. Every € cent is worth it.
    Then you think that with the Z9x as with Dune it would be possible because of an external power supply, but more difficult to enforce with an internal power supply with 1000 Pro?
    But I understand your argument too.

4. Nice Monkey

There is no difference between Z9X, Z10 Pro or Z1000 PRO here. All switched mode PSU's. Being build-in or as a brick is only ecstatically different. A linear PSU using a transformer is really something else.

Only Zidoo can answer if the front display remains powered with sleepmode and a clock can be displayed with it. I just checked and this generation players seems not to have a sleepmode anymore?
    The standby mode can't be applied as it won't display anything with that (but the clock actually keeps running).

5. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

In sleep mode it consumes 0.5 watts.
    How can I ask about this from Zidoo?If Dune has, Zidoo must have too and can't be so difficult:

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I use a watch.

Trimonium, rozel, Djdragon and 3 others like this.
  7. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Djdragon,

I have the impression that for the moment the Dune HD has more your favor than the Zidoo when I read your messages on this forum ?

8. Nice Monkey

I use a classic watch only when travelling. Easier than looking at a phone then.
    At home there are clocks everywhere.

But I must admit I like the big clear display of the Dune HD Pro Vision player too. Best of all media players I have seen. So i can understand this.
    I am always wondering why those new media players with a big OLED panel don't display a big or sizeable clock?

Djdragon likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I leave the Zidoo on 24/7, always have done, but my eyes aren't what they were, so it might as well be displaying the lottery numbers for all I can tell at this distance...

blenky likes this.
  10. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

You can imagine what mine was like 3 years at 80! I had cataract surgery using Zeiss implants. I now have 20 ~ 20 vision again! Even with complicated eye sight problems Zeiss make a Tri-focal implant that a very much younger friend needed. He can read Times Font size 6 on a printed page held at arms length.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

I wish everyone a happy new year!
    :)
    Exactly, that's my opinion.
    And now I don't mean to be rude, but when I buy something I have to be satisfied with it.

And that's what the forum is made for, users should not only communicate and report about good things, but also about bad things.

Now I can't get any further with UHR, but everyone understands my reasoning (exactly the same as what Nice Monkey meant :))

Yes, I can buy a WATCH too, that's right, and also a solution. I can live with this missing watch. I don't really find a problem.

And yes, I also like the large, clear display of the Dune HD Pro Vision Player better. But we can't have everything :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  12. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

I understand your reasoning and try to be a little more careful with things. It is the same in every forum if someone speaks badly about their own video player. I don't want to talk badly about Zidoo and just praise Dune. I don't want that impression of you. I'm just such a person, if something bothers me then I will contact you. That's exactly how I was in the Russian Forum back then. ;)

13. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you

it doesn't bother me and you have the right to give your opinion

And yes, both brands have their strengths and weaknesses

I hope that your problems with the Zidoo will be solved

Djdragon likes this.
  14. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

For me, the built-in power supply in the Z1000Pro does not look the same as plug-in power supplies on other models. I would say it is better.
    Not every linear power supply is automatically good, and a media player without a DAC does not need a linear power supply because the signal processing is digital. A good, stable switching power supply is sufficient.

On the subject of power consumption in standby with the Dune, the consumption of the installed HDD must also be added, as the hard drive in a DUNE is only switched off when it is completely switched off.

15. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022