Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Wladelec

Wladelec New Member

This is an upgraded language package to correct the correct display of the menu.
    But that's not the point. I just would like to make the decision myself to install the update, and in this case the program is updated independently each time I start Z9S, and so I have to delete Zidoo Poster v2.9.28 again to restore the version integrated into the firmware.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe you should double check everything about this package. Looks like nobody else is having issues with the firmware you on, HT2 v2.9.28 or forceful update of HT2 at boot. Do backups and factory restore without language package or anything else. See if that helps.

If you are the only one having issues it is good indication that something is wrong with your system not firmware, app or Zidoo fault in general.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What do you mean "why they do not boot from the network"?

You can't see them from local network or not working from Youtube?

Most of the trailers work well from recent versions of HT2 automatically from Youtube.
    The reason for local trailers would be to insert the trailers that don't work or replace default HT trailer with the one you like or high quality compared to Youtube version.

"Something to install for zidoo, e.g. Youtube plugin etc. ???". Are you trying to browse Youtube for your own trailers? General consent here is that we don't want HT to be clone of Kodi with plugins and other junk. If you want to browse Youtube you can install ZDMC and Youtube plugin.

For now until Zidoo develops interface for local trailers you can download them from http://www.hd-trailers.net/ or Youtube and store on local network or Zidoo drive. Newer movies have very good trailers from Apple with .MOV extension. They work well on Zidoo full screen using Zidoo hardware player and attached to the movie page in HT2 with "Other" button.

4. Wladelec

Wladelec New Member

The problem is that I do not want to install this update, and it is installed regardless of my desire.
    I need this language pack, as it fixes a clumsy interface.
    Therefore, I would like to leave the working application without update, and have the right to choose to update the application, like firmware.
    This problem is for everyone who installed the modified language pack.

5. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

The thing is, no trailers start in HT2.
    Neither automatically nor after pressing the icon on the movie card.
    Only the information window is showing - "no trailers found"

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

you have got the tick box enabled in settings to auto play trailers ?

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

90% of movies have working trailers for majority of people here. Check your Internet connection. Can you see trailers from ZDMC or PC using the same Ethernet cable? Maybe your Wifi is week. Try cable.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  8. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I am trying to add labels with the genre to all my files, for example to put the label "music" to all my live concerts so that through the filters I find them easily, I saw that this label can be added only through the interface web, it is not possible to do it also from remote control?

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Seems to indicate a wider network issue accessing YouTube...

10. Markswift2003

No, manual changes are only through the web interface.

11. Jn1696

Jn1696 New Member

Does anyone have a problem with HT2 not automatically grouping movies into collections anymore when scanning the source?

It used to add them together as a collection. For example: Avengers collection contains Avengers 1 to 4.

When i rescanned my source yesterday, it put all of my movies separately and not into collection anymore.

Thanks

12. Markswift2003

I'd noticed some recent movies not being added to collections but not having done a full rescan didn't realise it was a wider problem - so just to confirm - ALL your movies that should be in a collection are now separate after a full rescan?

13. Jn1696

Jn1696 New Member

Yes, I did a complete rescan of my source which has all marvel movies and all of them are now separated and not in a collection anymore.

14. Markswift2003

Cool - ok, will pass that on...

15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Normally i prefer ZDMC because of the integrated file commander. If it's true that ZDMC will not be continued it would be fine to integrate functions like delete, move, rename... The reason is that it is not possible with additional installed programs like Total Commander doing this because of the missing rights Zidoo's Android gives the self-installed programs.

16. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Hi. I have a huge problem. I installed the latest version of HT (2.9.28) and wanted to watch na mkv file (FullHD movie with DTS sound). The aspect ratio went crazy. I checkd other movies (same high quality) and the same problem with the aspect ratio. I wanted to go into menu during movie playback to change the aspect retio and HT went crazy. First there was only sound but no picture at all (black screen). I wanted to stop playing the movie - it did not stop. I pushed the back button and went back to the main HT menu with the list of movies...but there was still sound from the movie. I event went back to Zidoo's main screen and the sound was still there....

So I decided to uninstall version 2.9.28 and install 2.9.23. I was totally frustrated as I noticed that my whole movie library in HT was gone. I watch movies from HDD attached to Zidoo with USB. All data about movies (posters etc.) are stored on the disks itself - in folders which are being created by HT. So I rescaned the disk again and HT did not find any match altough before reinstalling couple of minutes before ale the movies were visible to HT. So I had to manually re-match all the movies (one by one). After doing that I tried to play a movie again and still the aspect ration was not the right one. This time I was able to go to menu and change it. After doing that all the other movies had a proper aspect ratio.

What scares me the most is that I have several other disks with movies and concerts. Will I have to re-match them all over again? Manually? Or is there any chance to recover the data in HT? Information about movies is still on the disks in folders (stored as HT does). Is the only solution to add again a new source and re-scan it? I hope not!!!

Shall I go on with 2.9.28 or keep the 2.9.23?

Please give me some advise. Thank you.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't think this is correct. From the HT settings > Poster Directory > Custom directory.
    This is most likely the location of stored posters and artwork not the database itself. It's probably not a good idea to store those on external drive with movies since you are constantly changing disks and swapping sets of posters. USB drives in Zidoo may not be linked the same all the time. The database may loose links to those individual folders between different drives. Keeping posters in multiple places would make backup impossible.

If you worry about storage space on Zidoo and like to keep files externally as much as possible you can insert small Micro SD card at the back of Zidoo and keep all posters and backups there. I have it that way and it works great for me. Don't make custom directory for posters on the removable drive that you swap all the time. Micro SD card is inside Zidoo all them time, better than network drive.

Aspect ratio is not function of HT. It is part of player installed with firmware version. HT v.2.9.28 works well for me and most of people here in this forum. Looks like you had some glitch stuck in Zidoo after HT upgrade. Maybe a clean cold boot would solve the aspect ratio and player lockup rather than uninstalling HT.

Markswift2003 and skywalker1978 like this.
  18. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi Markswift2003,

The link for the latest version of HT 2.0 no longer works, it is possible to have a new one ?

Thanks in advance

19. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi,

I do not know if it is here that a person asking how to delete a video file from HT 2.0, here is the way

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See you

Dan likes this.
  20. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Thank you for your reply.