Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Goodmorning everyone

forgive my english but, I would like for a moment to share in what I think .........

I understand that every person has the right to think differently about anything, there are those who like the poster wall made in one way, who would like it in another, etc ....

What I ask myself is: "Are the smallness of the Poster Wall more important, or the audio / video quality of the device?" Spend time checking the smallness of the Poster Wall and never watch a movie ???? (I think if you bought the Zidoo, the main reason was that) ..............

For example, you did not notice that the Zidoo has too high a "sharpness" (which means double contours, artifacts similar to digital noise on the backgrounds, etc ....) and has a contrast (I say immediately that it cannot be eliminated by lowering the relative control on the Gui) which burns the highlights a lot?

Personally I worry more about those things than the movie "trailers" .......

Sorry for the intrusion and sorry for the OT, a greeting to all of you, Andrea.

Osmar likes this.
  2. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Hi Olivier, i know this, but only the video file itself can be deleted this way. The directory and other files like cover will stay there.

3. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Good idea, but the Z10 has no SD slot. Do you think a small usb-stick in the front will do the same? Or will USB maybe change the sequence of the usb-drives? Till now i stored the data on the respective USB-HDD and HT has no problems to find them. Once he did not recognize it, i started a new search which was finished in 2-3 seconds so he found the right directory on the HDD.

4. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Yes
    The internet connection works - it downloads information and posters
    This is how it looks but I don't know what I could do.
    I thought maybe the problem with the availability of some items on YouTube from Poland (sometimes on a PC I have such a situation) but examples of movies - trailers on the PC work.

I just thought that maybe I need to install GappsInstaller.apk or google android youtube.tv.apk?
    Earlier I had both applications installed - but I found it unnecessary and removed.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Link to the latest version is in the first post and I just checked - it's still ok...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  6. xskip

xskip Active Member

Micro SD card?

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My old X9S indeed used to have a Micro-SD slot but newer models don't anymore.
    For storage expansion it was great potentially, but the Zidoo Android OS build does not include the APP for it neither.

xskip likes this.
  8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You guys don't have Micro SD?
    OK, you don't have it. Just checked :(
    This review has good picture of Zidoo small models. https://mediaplayers.gr/zidoo-z9s/
    It was dropped with Z9S. I still have it in X9S. Great feature. It shows up as additional drive. Always inside Zidoo and I can access it over the network if I need to add custom posters or store backups copy backup files for safety somewhere else. 16GB small Micro SD is plenty for everything.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Do you get trailers from Kodi PC or ZDMC Zidoo? The mechanism is very similar. All trailers play from ZDMC and Kodi.

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Sorry for misleading. I do have Micro SD on my X9S. It's very convenient. I thought that this Micro SD is a Zidoo thing.

What is everybody else doing? Do you store library of posters on internal Zidoo memory? It would take forever to fill it up unless you load some other storage hungry apps.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

"Too high sharpness and contrast" - are you talking about poster wall app HT2 or the player with too high sharpness and contrast in movies?

I bought Zidoo for both. As a good player that can deliver HD, 4K HDR, 3D, BD Menius, high end audio and media player that can present collections in with all info, posters, backdrops, actors and synopsis. I think most of us did. I was so disappointed when I discovered shortly after I bough it that the player had flaw and doing doble frame (micro stutter) few times per movie. It effected all formats 23.976fps except for 3D. It took probably 3 years and lot of input from users in forums and Zidoo technical support discussions to get it resolved. @Markswift2003 got it nailed with HDMI port scanner :) Now since the player issue is out of the way we can focus on HT2 Poster Wall :)
    I like Poster Wall with all graphics, backdrops and trailers. I spend time scrolling through collection as well as watching movies. If I just wanted a movie I cold connect hard drive directly to TV and selected it from the file name list. What fun would this be?

DELUCAS, Markswift2003 and xskip like this.
  12. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Very good question. If not on local HDD with the movie itself, than where? Zidoo's internal storage?

13. Good morning,

I'm talking about the default Movie player ....
    That is, I wanted to say that ok to talk about the various problems of HT2 but, it seems to me more important to try to have an audio / video quality, the highest possible ......

Which we don't have right now .........

Or I was used too well with an HTPC dedicated to doing just that (with MadVR, 3D LUT, audio with DRC, etc ....) ....... The problem was the ability and the time to stay behind, for that I abandoned and I went to Z9s ........

That is, it seemed strange to focus attention on various functions of the HT2 App, rather than the quality of the default content reader, that's all .......

Osmar likes this.
  14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody else could comment. I would keep it on internal Zidoo storage. All in one place, always connected, easy to back up to external USB.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If you think we have a serious problem start new thread with pictures, closeups on issue areas and comparing different systems. Make videos to show the issue and differences.

I did with stutter issue here. It's all resolved now :)

andreamusso.am likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep, loads quicker and less agro:

Poster Storage.png

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Isn't this a bunch of software to tweak things? You probably need to compare Zidoo player to hardware UHD disk player together with MadVR in case you had some tweaks and went off the standard.

18. MadVR is today the best video content rendering program, clearly it runs only on some platforms, not Android unfortunately and uses the brute power of a GPU of a certain level ....

There are many articles on the Web about MadVR .......

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

But you dropped it in favour of simple and clean Zidoo enjoyment ;)

20. It 's true, my problem is unfortunately a "physical" one, in fact I am disabled and my mind loses blows ......

I only left the HTTPC because I no longer had the right to manage it .......