Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Typically you use direct play icon for BluRay ISO and File Structure not BD Menu.
    Use BD Menu to check how the menu looks like and look for extras.

The hardware player appears to be the same but the interface is different depending on how you start the movie.

BD Menu player.

The bad:
    - limited interface, no aspect ratio, audio delay etc.
    - difficult to fast forward
    - no info screen with codec data
    - difficult to see the time of the movie
    - interface hasn't been changed or updated for ages

The good:
    - optimized for BD navigation chapter display
    - forced subtitles will play automatically as per original disk
    - some movies like Gods of Egypt 2016 3D and probably UHD play correct sequence (play list) from BD Menu only

Why do you need to change aspect ratio anyway? In the typical situation you would like to send the raw data as is from the player to display device and do all scaling and processing there.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what you mean?

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Is it possible to improve management through a browser? You cannot load the covers via files from your PC, you cannot even change the titles of the wrong films .... It would be a very convenient tool to put the library in order but it almost does not work nothing.....
    Thank you

4. Markswift2003

Yes:

http://<ip_address>:9528

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I know how to go but almost nothing works, you can't change the wrong titles, you can't load the jpg of the covers .... only the label of the film genre works ......

6. Wladelec

Wladelec New Member

I do not want to install this update because it does not work.
    The new version is installed at each boot. We have to delete it every time to restore the original.

7. Markswift2003

Not sure what's going on with your setup, but this version works perfectly. Certainly no issue on booting.

However, there's no need to install it if you don't want to.

8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi,

i used IMDB to name my movies which are on my NAS and HT2.0 has no problem finding them

9. Wladelec

Wladelec New Member

The fact of the matter is that the auto-update function is disabled, and the update is installed regardless of my desire.
    On a localized version of the firmware, the new version of the application Home Theatre v2.9.28 does not work. Black screen.

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just to confirm no issues with latest H.T. V2 update
    A few trailers not working Contact still .

but not a huge issue .

11. Markswift2003

There is no auto-update function in HT, only in firmware - so you have to update HT manually (unless it is included in a firmware update)

What firmware version are you running?

12. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Thanks for your effort! Still a little disappointed without any options to disable the "slowly appearing title on the left"... I personally prefer a cleaner look so please Zidoo, give us an option to disable it. Having an option to disable the ratings was nice, another option to disable this feature would be great...

13. Wladelec

Wladelec New Member

14. Markswift2003

You can change all details in the web interface except a local poster and background.

To change poster and background to a local png or jpg, you need to use the GUI.

The reason you cannot change the poster or background to a local image in the web interface seems to be the lack of a <commit> button.

In the example below I have changed details for the movie "1917".

As always, make a backup before changing anything.

Example.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  15. Markswift2003

Still not sure what the problem is, but I can confirm that HT v2.9.28 works perfectly with firmware v2.3.10.

(with the exception of a few YouTube trailers that do not start)

16. Wladelec

Wladelec New Member

On a localized version of the firmware, the new version of the application Home Theatre v2.9.28 does not work.
    The point is that the update is forced, without my desire.

17. Markswift2003

Sorry - I don't understand what you mean by a localized version of the firmware...

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

You can update poster and background in the Web interface- see images below.

It's nice that there is the option of a web interface but it should only be needed for the occasional tidy up. Also would be great if you could delete the dozens of randomly created 'collections' from here.

1917_poster.JPG 1917_backdrop.JPG

19. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

OK thank you for explaining the local Trailers.
    However, it does not explain why they do not boot from the network.
    Maybe I need something to install for zidoo, e.g. Youtube plugin etc. ???

20. Markswift2003

Sorry - should have been clearer - you can't use a local file in the web interface, only those provided online. (original post edited to reflect this)

You can select a local file using "choose file" but it doesn't stick - I assume there should be a commit button as there is for changing text etc.

One big problem though is that if you edit the details manually, there seems to be no way to return to the original scraped information if you need to, but then I guess that wouldn't be the case of you were editing manually.

In my case, messing about with correctly scraped info, I had to revert to a backup to restore the original scrape.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020