Firmware v1.0.28 for Zidoo H6pro

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 11, 2018.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Model: ZIDOO_H6 Pro
    Version: v1.0.28

Download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/H6_Pro/ota/ZIDOO_H6_N_v1.0.28_20180510-ota.zip

MD5:6933abb917b97e9d8a1e4625a7bc066e

How to upgrade
    The way is similar with X9S
    http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/g...e_faq/CN6lY0XMyIg=/faq_page/9nCdOWqz+dw=.html

1、Fix HDMI screen display status reboot restored
    2、Add Chrome app
    3、Fix Play Store Probability Stopping Work
    4、Fix Play video in Youtube for TV with black bars above the video
    5、Replace some setting items icon
    6、Media Center add smb v2

2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Tnx team..
    I hope you fix Kodi issues with this release.. :confused:

3. Codruț

Codruț New Member

4. Yes, I'm also having issues with 4k hevc and Kodi.
    This firmware seems to be more stable and smooth.
    Hope you can fix the Kodi 4K problem in the next release.
    Thanks.

5. JD1983

JD1983 New Member

Google Play Services has suddenly stopped errors galore. Tried updating it and get error 504. The system seems kinda stuttery performance wise, even just navigating the system. Not sure why all these updates just keep making things worse. STOP with the fanciness and just solve the basic stuff!!

6. hsiao

hsiao New Member

Update V1.0.20, V1.0.25, v1.0.28 audio output select HDMI connection amplifier can not output surround sound, 1.0.13 can output normal surround sound, but sometimes box HDMI output options can not be fixed, for your box a bit Disappointed ~

7. dipper_cat

dipper_cat Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

This problem will only occur if you have previously upgraded your Play service, and this is only one time. After upgrading the firmware, the Google Play service is more suitable for H6 Pro and solves the problem that some people cannot use the Play store. Google play store and play service will no longer stop working.

mjf1985 likes this.
  8. JD1983

JD1983 New Member

Dipper_cat, I wish your statement was true, even with a factory reset the issue still remains for google play services. Can you identify where google play services is located in the root directory so I may attempt to update it to resolve the problem. I would also like to know the name of it in root as google play store is called Phonesky on system root.

9. dipper_cat

The Kodi built-in player uses the software decoder to decode the video by default. When the software decoder decodes part of the high bit rate videos, it sometimes happens that the video is stuck. If you want to better experience the relevant high bit rate video, I suggest you use the Zidoo player as a Kodi external player to play the video or directly use the Zidoo player to play the video.
    reference:
    1、https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_external_players_on_Android
    2、http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/kodi-with-zidoo-media-player-as-external-player.7325/

mjf1985 likes this.
  10. dipper_cat

You can use the Play Store completely. The firmware upgrade will not affect your use of the Play Store.

11. I'm using Zidoo Player as default in Kodi since 1.0.25 and it works almost perfect, but it would be great we can use Kodi Player too.
    Please, consider to revise and fix the built-in player in Kodi. Thanks for the job.

12. JD1983

JD1983 New Member

Play store is fine, but I’m talking about google play services..they stop working and it is out of date which prevents apps from working. You can’t just pass off the issue by saying it doesn’t effect the play store. Also noticing the google chrome app that was included does dot allow click and drag to scroll pages like in the past. Please identify the name of google play services app located in the root directory so I can fix it and also let me know how to resolve the scrolling issue in browser. I can fix it myself if you can let me know the file name

Safi likes this.
  13. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

6、Media Center add smb v2

This is NOT FIXED. I got the same "Unknown Error"

I also got sound issues, as the box doesn't passtrhu DTS or DOLBY in Kodi. It worked only for the first playback after installing kodi.
    Now I got only stereo output and intermitent sound drops. I guess I had to downgrade to vers 13, that was stable on sound output.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  14. baro

baro New Member

Media Center - no SMB acces to Mac, although the new SMB V2 add. The same “incorrect user name or password” error, like before. Macs are...

15. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Did you try NFS protocol for accessing Mac via Media Center?

16. baro

baro New Member

I would not mess with the Terminal, which is necessary on Mac/NFS, so the simplest way is SMB. You can do that successfully, using every phone on the market! All Media Center boxes must do that, so every user to be able to access media files and folders from the network. That’s one of the basic things.

17. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

Hello Dipper_cat,

I did not install .28 but I like to know if there is any possibility to share .10 .13. and 25 IMG firmware to let the user choose there favourite firmware to use when we want to downgrade if a version does not fit our needs?

I think we deserve this possibility if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Killerbee

18. Grzegorz Bakuła

Grzegorz Bakuła New Member

oh my god. what have you done? HEVC in KODI doesn't work anymore.

repair it quickly, i will try downgrade to 1.0.25

downgrade is impossible and what now?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  19. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

today I have upgraded to .28 , so no HEVC in kodi anymore??

Please understand that kodi is the main reason for buying this kind of hardware.

Like asked in another thread , we DESERVE the possibility to downgrade with a IMG firmware if needed. :(

20. dipper_cat

Sorry for the bug in the new firmware. We will fix it and update the firmware as soon as possible.

lingyunzhiss, wooolf and Kris like this.