EverSolo DMP-A6 beta firmware v1.2.05

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by McBluna, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Dusty

Dusty Member

Yes, tidal is fine on any other device. Yes I’m on the beta.

Attached Files:

2. Dusty

Dusty Member

Tidal connect works fine, it’s the tidal integration within the Eversolo app that fails to connect with tidal.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes my advice now also is to wait for an update. Too many aggravation issues with this FW.
    But thanks' to whom tried as this is essential information for Eversolo.

I feel this FW was supposed to fix the main remaining problems reported but it clearly did not succeed on that.

4. Nice Monkey

In fact the filesystem is irrelated for this. The FW can be installed on any storage place accessible by the player even NAS or the Internal Flash space. Do that all the time.

5. Ok, I have to report some huge improvement in the CD playback that it is now flawlessly and gapless! No gaps or hiccups using different CD/DVD units, some of them working terrible before the actual firmware (Lenovo GP70N, Samsung SE-S084 F, LG GP08NU6B)

The following issues are still there:

Reading an album with multiple cds. CD1 is read ok including metadata. If the subsequent CD has the same number of tracks or less than CD1, the CD is read and the metadata associated is the one from CD1. In the case the subsequent CD has more tracks, once the metadata info is reached, the reading operation is aborted and the CD app crashes.

Reading a CD that is not audio only (enhanced CDs, very common in the past). The Eversolo remains searching for CD information, like in an infinite loop.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  6. kc001

kc001 Active Member

didn't see that 'failing' yet
    upload_2023-10-11_18-2-3.png
    In any case, this is a beta ..

7. Dusty

Dusty Member

The tidal issue seems to be fixed. It was probably slow api response on the tidal side or maybe on Eversolo’s side if they have some servers for the tidal implementation. Either way it seems to work now.

8. Nice Monkey

You diagnosed one spade deeper that I did and hitting the nail on its head. Can confirm both problems. :)
    But also that the drive compatibility issue seems to be solved. Mine plays nicely too now.

As these are about metadata only these should be fixed quick.
    Where reported directly to Eversolo by me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    Kusalajoti Lens likes this.
  9. Dusty

Dusty Member

One improvement that can be made to the custom url internet radio is to read the metadata. It would be nice to have the artist name and the track title displayed.

Also, what is aaaa? :))

Attached Files:

lemongrass likes this.
  10. kc001

kc001 Active Member

there is a new (beta ?) version 1.11.09 in the store

upload_2023-10-11_22-7-49.jpeg
    What's new:
    DMP-A6
    1. Optimized music service interface display
    2. Optimized playback detail stream quality settings
    3. Optimized the acquisition of album details data for music services
    4. Optimized APP stability

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  11. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

This is what I can see playing amazon music unlimited. I had images but with the new update in Android they are gone. Wondered if it's just me.

Attached Files:

12. Do you think the enhanced CDs reading issue is also a metadata problem? - I don’t have a clue o_O

13. Mine is working fine

14. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

15. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

In the case the subsequent CD has more tracks, once the metadata info is reached, the reading operation is aborted and the CD app crashes.
    Resolved.

If the subsequent CD has the same number of tracks or less than CD1, the CD is read and the metadata associated is the one from CD1
    Will be check, but it will take some time。

And no plan to support Enhanced CDs.It's very special

Nice Monkey, Nutul and jonnn like this.
  16. Thank you for the update, @mirror.

17. Nice Monkey

@mirror @Kusalajoti Lens
    Enhanced CD's are CD's with an additional Data Session on them. Using a PC these offer some additional functionality.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_CD
    "These CDs have the data 11,400 sectors (2m32s) after the audio, but some CD rippers may try to rip this blank section with the last track; the end result is that the ripper stalls during the last track or simply reports errors". That reads like solvable to me! ;)
    These standard puts the Data in a "2nd session" at the End of the disc.

There is also "Mixed Mode CD" which puts the data on the first track (0) before the audio tracks in a single session. This track may play as noise if not recognized as such by a CD Player. These discs were typically crafted for games with supplemental audio tracks; not for music discs.

Enhanced CD's are not common but still quite a few of these around. Mostly just an extra sticker on the front indicated it was an Enhanced CD!
    My guess Enhanced CD's are as regular as double CD's. Every collector has at least a few of each in their collection.

Tried some on my PC and this finds both sessions but:
    - VLC finds the extra space too and also erroneously thinks it is a track
    - Media Monkey finds the correct tracks and also downloads the matching titles automatically.

18. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Where exactly? The one in the Play Store is 1.11.08

On the Eversolo website?

Play Store version 1.11.08 has been installed and I don't see the playlist on Tidal or Qobuz.

upload_2023-10-12_22-58-6.png

19. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

You must adhere to beta version in Google play. You can also receive beta version on the a6 but and I couldn't have it that way.

Attached Files:

Delpo74 likes this.
  20. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Ahh, now I understand.

Nothing, I'm just waiting quietly, from what I see the betas are causing a lot of problems, let's see if they solve them in the finals.

Thank you.