EverSolo DMP-A6 beta firmware v1.2.05

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by McBluna, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

I'll stay quiet then until they release it on OTA or the final is on the eversolo website, as I've read up there, I'm not much of an audiophile either. ;)

Bonzo likes this.
  2. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Well done! 20231010_192645.jpg

georgescookie and Nutul like this.
  3. audio58

audio58 Active Member

I didn't even see anything on the Eversolo site...mine updated to 1.11.08.

4. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

5. SwedMaveric

SwedMaveric New Member

I have tried 3 times download the file (edit) not unpacked to usb and A6 can read the usb but when try to install firmware from usb leads me to the thumb drive but nothing happen then. What can be wrong?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  6. guus

guus Member

i think you shouldnt unpack..

SwedMaveric likes this.
  7. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Formated USB Stick? Format as exFat.

And yes! N O T unpack the zip file!

Feed your DMP-A6 as it is:

Screenshot 2023-10-10 202703.png

SwedMaveric likes this.
  8. SwedMaveric

SwedMaveric New Member

Did not unpack and it is formated as fat32

9. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Formate the USB Stick with exFat and copy the zip File again on it. Then it will work. FAT32 didn`t work for me too.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 203638.png

SwedMaveric likes this.
  10. SwedMaveric

SwedMaveric New Member

When update my Mac to new OS the settings in Safari has been changed to auto unpack :mad:
    Everyting works now :)

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

MACs are becoming more and more annoying like Windows: they take decisions for you. And most of the times, wrong ones.

Mister L and Fergus like this.
  12. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Honestly I didn't see many changes in the firmware other than the spectrum screen if you want it, the scrolling through titles still causes sudden jumps, I thought it was better, but after using it a while same thing...PLEX doesn't do anything, even after I went in, put in the 4 letters, picked my name from my plex server and then it did nothing. Now clicking the Plex does nothing!!
    Also Amazon Ap still sucks...QoBuz works fine so does my library. Hopefully final version of firmware will fix this.

13. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

I agree, Personally I would rather Plexamp be integrated into the EOS Audio engine and not upsample everything to 192, then I would be happy as I fear the inbuilt music player will never meet expectation. There is of course Symphonium, but I already pay plexpass and rather Plexamp.

Camo and N00brx like this.
  14. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

I installed v1.2.05 beta and found lots of issues. Some very annoying.

I found when playing any of the DSD file formats that if you switched to display the VU meters and back again the player would lock up, the touch screen and the Controller App became unresponsive and you had to reboot or power cycle the DMP-A6 it get it to work. :mad: Also the missing start of tracks wasn't resolved. On my DMP-A6 it actually got worse and instead of missing about half a second or so on some tracks it's now several seconds.

The HDMI incompatibility issue hasn't been resolved either with the DMP-A6 reporting "Not connected to HDMI device" yet it still outputs a native DSD signal via HDMI to the AVR as 44.1kHz PCM (as displayed on the DMP-A6 and the AVR reports the same).
    Yes, I have tried swapping HDMI cables and inputs on the AVR but still no joy. In fact I tried another AVR (4k with HDMI 2.0 inputs) and got the same result except the HDMI connection is recognised by the DMP-A6 but only as a PCM device. Previously it reported that AVR as "DSD64, 8 channel 384kHz PCM". Go figure that. Both AVRs work perfectly with DSD, PCM and other signal formats in both stereo and multichannel through their HDMI ports with every other device including el-cheapo BR/SACD/CD players without issues. Just won't play with the DMP-A6. So IMHO the HDMI incompatibility issue is inside the DMP-A6.
    Screenshot_20231010-171004.png Screenshot_20231010-171038.png

Casting mode with the Contoller App (Android version as I don't have any iOS devices) is a disaster. Lags of up to 30 seconds or more. WTF? It worked just nicely under v1.1.80, now it's broken.

Sure they added some bling in the form of a spectrum / level display and it appears to work although I haven't tested it with frequency sweeping test tones to determine if it really works or it's a bit gimmicky like the level meters. Also there's a new screen to display the title information of the track you are playing which has the main artwork displayed as a rotating disc rather than a static picture. All very nice but once again it's just bling IMHO.

Conclusion about v1.2.05 beta. Unless you want a whole pile of grief and frustration I recommend you don't install this beta version of the firmware until the development team have ironed out the bugs.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    neoitata and Nice Monkey like this.
  15. JMD

JMD New Member

Maybe instead of continuing to add more gimmicks and programs that don't work as intended either concentrate on making the programs and features advertised on product release work correctly.

lemongrass, Fergus and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  16. N00brx

N00brx Member

Agree to have just Plexamp integrated into EOS Audio, and this way you won’t need to launch the Plexamp app every time you boot up the A6

Camo and NWN like this.
  17. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Fix the issues first and once they have got it sorted then add as much bling as they want to provided it doesn't cause any issues or it is able to at least be disabled by the user via a menu option.

18. jonnn

jonnn New Member

+1
    Fix issues first, enhancements/additions should come afterwards.....

lemongrass and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  19. Dusty

Dusty Member

Today I’ve hit a huge issue. I can no longer connect to tidal. When I access tidal it says it cannot reach tidal servers. Even after a factory reset. This is really bad. Is anyone having the same issue?

20. jonnn

jonnn New Member

Can you get to Tidal on another device? Are you running the beta?