DMP-A6 Bug Report

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Riley

Riley Member

Spotify Connect - issues connecting/getting audio ....... - with internal player selected as source, I open the Spotify App on my iPhone, choose a song and choose DMP-A6 from the connect drop down menu - song proceeds to play, but there is no audio output on the Eversolo - It's as if there is some type of conflict happening between the Spotify App Connect feature and the Eversolo App . Occasionally I am able to cycle through the inputs and eventually get a Connect session to play ok or I flip back and forth from listening directly on my device / computer or ipad, then choose the DMP-A6 again.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  2. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

I've noticed this too. Like you, it usually comes right after moving through the inputs.

3. Jaws_audiophile

Jaws_audiophile New Member

I have experienced exactly the same.

RoDa likes this.
  4. Kiats

Kiats New Member

I have been experiencing something interesting recently. Intermittently. Sometimes when the player moves to the next track (whatever the app may be), it is playing but no sound comes out from my amp into my HP. I have experienced this regardless of whether it uses the internal DAC or an external DAC. The only thing to do is to reboot and it seems OK again.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

5. studlygoorite

studlygoorite New Member

After playing around for a few days I have found that connecting to the/my A6 through "Cast" on my iphone 13Pro or my ipad to be able to play Amazon Music only works for a song or two and then it starts to lag. Sometimes there is a 3 to 5 second delay in searching/scrolling and selecting a track and later the delay becomes unusable at 30 seconds or more,. When I get up and address the unit to search for a tune all is good, so for me, Cast with Amazon is only useful for skipping to the next track unless I have something else going on here. Still worth it as some of my songs sound just phenomenal :) I am hooked up with ethernet.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  6. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Two bugs that I found:

1: DSD files (.dsf) with the & sign in the file name will not play from SSD but uploads fine to SSD via ip-address:9587. (If I change & to and in the file name on my pc and upload again, it plays just fine.

2: I have a HIGH RES AUDIO subscription. When I open the app for the first time after powering the DMP-A6 on, I get an error message:
    %message.http-401 %
    %message.http_401.description%

I can press the OK button and then go to the home page and choose streaming and start the app again. Second time, I always get in just fine and can use the app.

RoDa likes this.
  7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Weird characters in the file name are better to be avoided; especially the ampersand (&) which in Linux means to "spawn the process and return to the caller".
    In the metadata everything is ok, but for your safety, stick to a-zA-Z, underscore and dash when it comes to file-names.

401 means "unauthorized access"... the fact that few seconds later you are able to access the app indicates either a service not fully running yet, maybe still starting up... as, as it does, everything works fine.
    Next time, try to wait 10 minutes after you turn the A6 on (I say 10 minutes, because I want to be sure, maybe just 1 minute is enough, but since I doubt it will require 10, with 10 we may be more on the safe side)
    then open the app, and see if you get the message or not.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  8. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

‘Unauthorized’ was my que to try something different.

I am mostly using my ipad to control the DMP-A6 but also have the app on the iphone where I could do cast mode but none of the music services would start on the iphone under streaming.

I deleted the iphone app and restarted the A6. Now I don’t get the error on the ipad in cast mode or via streaming / music services.

I re-downloaded the iphone app and still don’t get the error on the ipad but still cannot use the music services on the iphone. Maybe there is a max on one app per household for the music services?

——-

I figured the file name problem had to do with the & sign but that’s how it was downloaded from Octave Records (PS Audio).

thx

9. studlygoorite

studlygoorite New Member

Came back to report that I was Casting to/from my A6 today and there were no issues, only listened to around 10 tunes though and last night I spent 5 or so hours :) So maybe it was a glitch while casting for so long, dunno but still nice to see anyway.

10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I'm also starting to have the same experience, but with Apple Music. When I do something in the Cast i.e. scrolling, on the A6's screen it's instantaneous but on my phone it takes 2-5 seconds.

@mirror is this something you can do about? Or if it's the phone and/or network is there any tips to fix it? I'm on an iPhone.

11. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I have found in my system with Apple Music, cast works much better with an ethernet connection than wireless. On both the iPhone and iPad.

12. Davy

Davy New Member

I have noticed on Qobuz if I search for a specific artist, and then get the list of all their tracks, albums etc and scroll down to the very bottom and try to play one of the artist playlists the app crashes and I get an error message. I then have to reconnect to the Eversolo again, go into streaming, and then open the Qobuz app ....it does this every time I've tried and also whilst using different phones to control it..it's only when trying to open the artist playlists that it happens.

Screenshot_20230801_001355_EverSolo Controller.jpg

Screenshot_20230801_001415_Device care.jpg

NWN likes this.
  13. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Battery of my Samsung S22 Ultra getting very hot when charging en open Eversolo app!!!

Attached Files:

14. doctorf

doctorf New Member

Major issue with Tidal.
    Native app works perfectly.
    Streaming from the Tidal app on my phone invariably crashes after a variable length of time, from minutes to hours.

15. doctorf

doctorf New Member

And the sound quality playing Tidal through my phone app is very poor in comparison to the native app on the A6

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Problem with using Native Android only? I don't think your smart Phone has something like IOS running too?

17. doctorf

doctorf New Member

Sorry, I don’t understand your comment. if I use my Tidal app on my iPhone 14 and play it through the A6, it nearly always crashes after a period of time and also sounds poor compared to playing native Tidal in the A6.

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks' for highlighting this. I thought you you were streaming to the phone, not the reverse.

You stream to the A6 via BT? You are using the HD audio options for BT. That is essential.

19. doctorf

doctorf New Member

Correct. If I play the Tidal app on my iPhone, it connects to the A6 via Tidal Connect.

20. RoDa

RoDa New Member

Isn’t the whole idea with Tidal Connect that the stream is not going through or from the phone?
    You can play a track and turn off your phone to prove it.

My Tidal app on the phone wasn’t set to master quality, but after correcting that I cannot say that it sounds different from the Eversolo Tidal app. (I’ll try to compare some more to check)

Regards, RoDa