DMP-A6 Bug Report

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Remik

Remik Member

Ręce precz od Gruzji, Ukrainy i Mołdawii.
    Rosyjscy barbarzyńcy to szumowiny tego świata

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Still??!?
    Is it so difficult to post in English? Otherwise, you guys, keep your conversation private with messages.

P.S.
    Your comment is political, and we do not like the thing too much in an audio forum. Keep your views for yourself.
    Most probably an admin will see this and act consequently.

3. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

@Remik While you are getting out of you skin and blankly spitting and sputtering your countrymen from Poland Hi-Fi manufacturers are doing business with us ;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  4. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

1. No PCM (or MQA) bold font on screen in Tidal Connect mode
    upload_2024-1-22_19-20-24.png
    very very very rare (<1% cases) it is somehow displayed
    upload_2024-1-22_19-22-15.png
    2. Tidal Connect logo in Eversolo Control App is oversized
    upload_2024-1-22_19-24-0.png

5. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

I reported this bug a few weeks ago in a now redundant thread (I think Bob was going to look into it) but just wanted to raise that it still remains following installation of 1.2.44 & 1.0.91

When using Autoplay at Start-up (great function :)) and the A6 returning to an Amazon Playlist, all of the cover art is lost throughout the Playlist on the A6 (still visible on my iPad). The playlist cycles as it should but, as the tracks progress, the A6 cover art never returns. This issue is easily resolved by coming out of Amazon, using another platform briefly and then returning to the Amazon playlist, but I thought it worth flagging. Also, the datastream info seems ‘off’ in the Playlist as well. I’m hesitant to be more specific because, if I’m being honest, I don’t really know what it all means, but PCM seems to be stuck on 44 kHz on the A6 when it’s correctly displayed as 192kHz on the Ap (iPad) and my Z8 display. I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but 5.73Mbps (correct) is displayed as well. Additionally, at one point the A6 was playing Hendrix, but displaying information for the next track in the Playlist (this has only happened a couple of times).

None of this is a big deal, but I’d be grateful if Dev’s could add it to the list/be aware that it’s still happening.
    IMG_0870.jpeg IMG_0869.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  6. rojus

rojus New Member

I'm newbie A6. Usually I use play music from NAS. DMP-A6 installed firmware 1.2.30.
    I found search bugs.
    search does not always work or does not work correctly. for example: 1. there is an artist "Sel", after entering the search "Sel" - the artist is not found, it is found with 'sel' or 'Se' + 'L' among the files. Although you should find artists 'Sel' and 'Selena Gomez'
    2. there is an artist "Keith Marshall", after entering the search "Keith" - the artist is not found, but only the album is found.
    There are many such cases

Another bug is unevenly saving files to the database: For me, all CD sets with differences artist have tags - artist - a specific artist and an album artist - various artists. But some in the base fall into the correct "Artist" others cause to "Various artists"

It would also be awesome to have the ability to quickly search by just entering the first letter of the artist or a side scroll bar.
    Thx.

Attached Files:

Jasper999 likes this.
  7. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

this bug is gone with 1.2.50
    this one remained

8. Jasper999

Jasper999 New Member

Bug:

Since this morning I have horizontal stripes on my casting image. On both my iPad and iPhone.

It is visible when in use on all sources: Roon, Tidal Connect, Qobuz, DLNA and others.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Btw, the display on my Eversolo DMP-A6 ME is fine. No problem there.

———————————
    Thanks to Darren Lewis I could solve the problem by restarting the unit by a hard reboot.
    But it’s still a bug.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  9. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Since Tidal updated the subscription plan on April 10 MQA files are played back in doubled speed when Tidal Connect is used.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It's a deterrent...
    Do yourself a huge favor: abandon MQA in favor of that gentleman of a format that is FLAC, hi-res or whatever.

11. Remik

Remik Member

Don't mislead people because Tidal Connect and MQA are working fine.

12. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

I would be glad to abandon MQA but Tidal App has no option to set "play-MQA-as-16/44" or "skip-MQA". Unfortunately MAX playback option enables HiRes and MQA both together.
    I experience the issue only with MQA when played via Tidal Connect. Playback of MQA via Eversolo Control has no such an issue.
    (Eversolo firmware is the latest stable - 1.2.50)

PS: When was writing this message just noticed that my Tidal App was not in the up-to-date version (2.108.0). Updated it to the latest (2.109.1). Will check in the evening

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

For what I am listening, Tidal is abandonig MQA in favor of hi-res FLAC...

14. William Gaw

William Gaw New Member

Have set the maximum output on spdif in the settings to 96 kHz. But the unit still outputs 176 and 192 kHz to my Trinnov prepro which cannot accept them. What to do?

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Check the EOS and eventually turn it OFF.

16. William Gaw

William Gaw New Member

Thanks,
    Have tried that. Doesn't change anything. Still outputs 192 if recording is 192.

17. William Gaw

William Gaw New Member

Sorry, but I meant that the do’s off converts the 192 to 44 kHz, which is not an integer of 192. Any other ideas to get 192 and 176 converted to 88 ot 96 kHz.
    Thanks

18. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Checked - did not help. Found workaround - set digital output option "MQA Capability Support" to "No Support of MQA". I am ok with that as do not believe MQA somehow improve the quality
    Also wrote an email to support. Will see.
    Well, I can congratulate you. Unfortunately it is not my case.

19. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Do not mislead the people based on the fact that you personally do not experience that. It does not mean the issue does not exist.
    Anyway your childish reaction is known - "Russians are the vilest nation in the world", so your opinion is worthless here

20. Remik

Remik Member

As for the Russians, you are 100% right, they have shown their kindness in the history of the world the poor oppressed by Kacapa's world
    As I mentioned, Tidal Connect and MQA without problems.
    And no hard feelings. If the problem occurs with Tidal Connect, which I have not noticed, and in my friends' cases also on platforms other than Eversolo as well as on Eversolo and it works properly, it may be an error only on Tidal's side and its changes in broadcasting in a given country and you should wait for Tidal implementation after changes. As I said, this problem does not occur on my Eversolo, and Tidal Eversolo only provides it, it does not affect the service.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024