DMP-A6 Bug Report

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

If you are using the Cast function you will always see the screensaver display when it is on. If you use the iOS integrated control app you will always see its displayed info.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  2. Sang Peiris

Sang Peiris New Member

Doing a factory reset does not clear the SMB Credentials

3. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

Is there a way to enter a username for a WiFi connection before being promoted for a password? I have an Xfinity phone plan that allows me to logon to an Xfinity hotspot for WiFi at home, which I’ve been using for years.

The Xfinity WiFi shows up on as an option on the a-6, but won’t connect because it doesn’t allow me to enter a username before entering the password.

4. UEG

UEG New Member

Currently, the Screensaver display overrides the functionality of the Control apps. New songs cannot be selected. The only other workaround is to press VU forcing the Screensaver to stop (same result as pressing the i button on the RC). Bug reported directly to zidoo today.

5. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

That's odd. I assume you are using the latest iOS software (v1.0.57).

6. Sang Peiris

Sang Peiris New Member

correct. sorry... my mistake. i deleted my comment.

7. UEG

UEG New Member

Yes latest apps (both on iOS and Android)

8. protosingel

protosingel New Member

Changing the files date after REBOOT:
    1. I copy files from the computer to the EverSolo DMP-A6. They are all dated today (2023.09.04).
    2. I specify UPDATE on the folder in the library. The files are still of the same date as today. I'm attaching screenshots of the DMP-A6 right after copying and updating library.
      before reboot 1.jpg before reboot 2.jpg
    3. I specify REBOOT. The files are now dated one month after today (2023.10.04).
      after reboot 1.jpg after reboot 2.jpg
    It turns out that all the files added in the last 30 days are all future dated...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What is the date on your system?

10. protosingel

protosingel New Member

On Windows the date is 2023.09.04.
    After copying and updating library the files date in DMP-A6 is the same as in Windows - 2023.09.04.
    After REBOOT of DMP-A6 the files date is 2023.10.04.
    Pic.1.jpg
    All these files in the picture were copied in August.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I meant, what's the date on the A6

12. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

On the Qobuz api and Tidal api, the play queue shows in the original playlist order during shuffle play. It should show the actual shuffled queue so you can see what will be playing next.

Greetings.

13. suxh01

suxh01 New Member

Hi, I'm having the following issue when using tidal and playing back files.
    When pausing and resuming or selecting another rack the sound cuts out - the disc shows the track is being played but there is no sound output from my connected speakers - Devialet phantoms.

These are connected via Optical out. When looking at the phantom app, it shows there is no optical cable connected - ie no signal being received.

if I switch apps to a radio station the sound comes back and then switching back to the original source it works again.
    I ripped a CD to test before installing SSD drive and when playing back the files, the same thing happened when skipping tracks - no sound output despite the CD icon spinning.
    When checking with the devialet app again it shows no optical signal. Switching to the radio player app it all works again and switching back to the music files it then works.

This basically renders this player useless as It cannot reliably play anything without cutting out.
    I have tried a different optical cable and it still does the same so it's not a cable issue

14. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

This is a Tidal function, it is not the result of the Eversolo api. The original track sequence is always shown during shuffle play as can be seen when using either Tidal desktop, app, or connect.

15. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

This is not the case, if you use Tidal Connect the random playlist is shown really mixed and you can see what is going to be played next, that does not happen with the Eversolo apis (Tidal and Qobuz) the original list appears and you have to go looking for what is playing among all the songs.

There are another couple of users in this same thread who had already reported it, but it is important that they update it next time.

16. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

That's odd, in my hands the original track sequence is always shown. ???

17. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Well, not in my case, neither in the original Tidal or Qobuz app (ios or android) nor in Tidal Connect. (ios or android)

If you play shuffle, the playlist appears mixed in that order, which is logical and normal, to see what will play next.

I repeat, there are a couple of users who have already reported this problem, precisely with the eversolo Tidal app.

Nutul likes this.
  18. suxh01

suxh01 New Member

With the help of @mirror88 and @Snoopy over at ASR I have changed the fixed sampling rate output to 96 khz as my speakers cannot accept 192 khz via optical in.
    Works perfectly now during my quick testing

19. protosingel

protosingel New Member

Hello. I apologize for the late reply.

I couldn't find a way to see the current date on the A6 - none of the screens show it. Only the time is present on the home screen. I assume that when the A6 has an internet connection the date is current (the A6 gets it from somewhere on the internet). To prove this my assumption, I created a new folder in the interface of A6 ("Files, Pencil, +") and the date of the folder is the current one.

I decided to support my thesis that after a library update and a reboot, a month is added to some dates and they point to the future.

Today is 15.09.2023.

Yesterday, 14.09, I created a folder with multichannel flac files on my PC. Today I added the album cover to the flac files. Here are the contents of this folder (please look at creation date and modification date):

pic01.jpg pic02.jpg

Here is the A6 "MFLAC" folder where I will copy "George Harrison...". It seems to me that the creation date is missing and there are folders with future dates (which I have added in the last few days)?!?

Pic03.jpg

Here is the same folder after copying "George Harrison..." and issuing the "Update" to the A6 library. Notice that there is a creation date and a modification date, and they are the current date (15.09.2023 11:08):

pic04.jpg

Let's look at what happens with flac files. The creation date is no longer what it was on PC. It matches the PC modification date. Only the two dates on "folder.jpg" are the original ones. Why is that?

pic05.jpg

Now is the time to perform A6 REBOOT. And the result after this action is the following :)
    The creation date disappears, and the modification date is one month ahead – 15.10.2023.

pic06.jpg

What about flac files? They also no longer have a creation date, and the modification date is 15.10.2023. A month has even been added to the date of “folder.jpg” - 14.10.2023.

pic07.jpg

pic08.jpg pic09.jpg

I would ask someone to do something similar and share their results.

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Wow, that's weird indeed. What filesystem is the 4TB drive of the EverSolo formatted with? Maybe some incompatibility of Android with that...?