DMP-A6 Bug Report

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

This idea came from the Hifi Rose forum - a common thread which separates feature requests from bug reports.
    Please only use this thread to report bugs. Remember, this is an unofficial bug report thread and may well be ignored by Zidoo.
    However, the ever attentive Zidoo staff members, who frequent this forum, have been extremely accommodating so far and have demonstrated their commitment to making the superb DMP-A6 even better.
    To help gauge the popularity, it could be useful to "like" suggestions you support.

2. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

The APK upload web page has instructions in Chinese.

Attached Files:

3. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Wrong title display when switching from Tidal Connect to Media Library.
    If you first play a song using Tidal Connect and the next you decide to play something from Music Library then title of the song is not updated on the home screen - you still see the previous song title, while actually new song is being played

Attached Files:

4. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

1. Airplay Artwork not displayed
    2. Airplay codec is wrong (should be ALAC but not AAC)
    3. DMP announce itself like Apple TV type of device, but not as a audio renderer (icon is Apple TV but not speaker)
    DMPA6-airplay-artwork.png DMPA6-airplay-icon.png

Spizz likes this.
  5. Hifiman1

Hifiman1 New Member

Does not do first unfold for all mqa files when output is to spdif.
    This is a wierd one as it works for some mqa files but not others.

6. Hifiman1

Hifiman1 New Member

When searching media on players display there is no way of removing on screen keyboard so can only see half of the results screen.

Kopczas likes this.
  7. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

It should also read 48KHz and 24 bit if ALAC perhaps also because the stream is lossless.

8. muslhead

muslhead Member

Using jriver to control playback, when playing mch dsd files and looking at the a6 app, the time remaining bar at the bottom does not move.
    For all other formats (including 2 channel dsd) it mirrors jriver.

9. TheGM

TheGM New Member

Received DMP-A6 Master Edition a week ago and still testing against my different components. My intent is to use the DMP-A6 ONLY as a Streaming device into my PSAudio Directstream DAC MK II. That DAC plugs into my PSAudio BHK Signature Preamplifier. While I prefer I2S, Eversolo does not possess this interface, so I am using USB. I am using this as ROON endpoint exclusively.
    Initial setup went fine. ROON recognizes the Eversolo as a ZIDOO Neo S ( a DIFFERENT product from Zidoo, not the DMP-A6). Playback of FLAC (PCM) works very well.

My library (all local files stored on NVME solid state storage) is composed of a large amount of NATIVE DSD files (.dsf). These are files purchased from reputable online services, in pure DSD format (DSD64,128,256).

I have a large amount of DSD 64, DSD 128 and DSD 256 music. My PS Audio DSD DAC MK II is rated up to DSD 256, and plays all of these files today, in Native DSD (.dsf files), with two other streamers that I own (Node 3 and iFi NEO Stream).

The Eversolo DMP-A6 CLEARLY states that using USB Output, it supports up to DSD 512.

HOWEVER, when using DSD Native settings ALL my DSD music from the Eversolo adds high levels of white noise/distortion to the audio. My DAC shows the output from the Eversolo IS indeed DSD 256, but this noise is NOT present in the music. It gets added by DMP-A6. This makes ALL DSD 256 music unlistenable!
    If I change settings to DoP, now the DMP-A6 will play DSD 64 and DSD 128 files perfectly, no white noise. DSD 256 STILL won't play properly. This background noise is clearly present here.

Again, when using the iFi NEO Stream over USB, all DSD NATIVE plays properly.

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

This noise is generally generated by the DAC. If using A6's own DAC does not have this problem, you need to check your backend device and connections, maybe cheange another USB cable?

11. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

On the Qobuz api, the play queue shows in the original playlist order during shuffle play. It should show the actual shuffled queue so you can see what will be playing next.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I read that this is a known issue with the DirectStream DAC MKII that also happens with a few other streamers.

13. TheGM

TheGM New Member

Perhaps. I have reported this to PS Audio as well.
    However, as I stated I have TWO other streamers, the iFI NEO Stream and tge Musica Pristina ACapella III, neither causes this noise with the PSAudio Directstream DAC MK II.
    So, from my perspective it is a bug.
    I get that Eversolo may choose not to work on it. But in that case , I will have to return the unit since it does not work in MY system. Not a threat, just fact. Paid $1300 for this device and I require it to function properly.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  14. Focuspuller

Focuspuller New Member

But Airplay does not pass ALAC, only AAC at best. This is why I got the A6, to hopefully avoid Airplay with Apple Music.

Nutul likes this.
  15. Focuspuller

Focuspuller New Member

Just installed 1.1.70 and Apple Music random stopping appears fixed. YAY. Not fixed is Controller App on iPad in cast mode with Apple Music still laggy to the point of uselessness. Also, cannot sync my iPhone, message suggesting I make sure phone and A6 on same LAN. They are.

16. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

"SYNCHRONIZE WITH QOBUZ FAILS EVERY TIME"...

Wondering if anyone else has this issue, or if I'm doing something wrong...When in the app for my DMP-A6, in "Streaming", everything works flawlessly, EXCEPT...When I hit the three dots on the upper right and select "Synchronize with Qobuz" it fails every time...My favorites list is in no particular order on this app...Obviously, inn Qobuz I can sort by "Date Entered" or "By Artist". I'd imagine the intent of the A6 app is to overcome this, but I can't get it to sync...Please help if you can...Thanks!
    jim

17. XSA

XSA New Member

In 1.1.70 release going Music-Library-Networkdrive (what I've mounted) inside only individual files are visible not the correct file-folder structure. Impossible to find anything. Sometimes it is better to play music from here, from folder view because in several cases like compilation albums the usual Artis-album-genre view does not help.
    It wouldd be a very nice feature to be able to play or add to current or any other playlist a complete folder whatever are inside.

Spiff likes this.
  18. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

So, something for you to consider...I have a friend who also has the PSAudio Directstream DAC MK II...I forget what streamer he uses, but had the same problems trying to play DSD 25 256 files with his Directstream DAC; same white noise issues.. He called PS Audio, and they had him ship the unit back to them, and they fixed something...You may want to call PA Audio and discuss this before you write off the Eversolo...I'd bet that the issue is with your DAC, and NOT with the DMP-A6...Please let me know what you find out, I'm really interested to know...THANKS!

Jim

ammar11 likes this.
  19. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

No. AirPlay is capable of both ALAC and AAC. There are different codec codes announced via _raop._tcp service for that:
    cn description
    0 PCM
    1 Apple Lossless (ALAC)
    2 AAC
    3 AAC ELD (Enhanced Low Delay)

DMP-A6 announces via _roap._tcp like if it supports ALAC with 44,1 sample rate:

Code:
            "801a8055bff2@DMP-A6": {
                "port": 5500,
                "txt": "ss=16",
                "txt": "sv=false",
                "txt": "ch=2",
                "txt": "ek=1",
                "txt": "pw=false",
                "txt": "cn=1",
                "txt": "am=eversolo,1",
                "txt": "et=0,1",
                "txt": "fv=1.0",
                "txt": "txtvers=1",
                "txt": "sf=0x4",
                "txt": "md=0,1,2",
                "txt": "vn=65537",
                "txt": "tp=UDP",
                "txt": "vs=105.1",
                "txt": "da=true",
                "txt": "sr=44100"
            },

my Cambridge Audio 851N announces similar info:

Code:
            "85AB18B27F5E@851N": {
                "txt": "cn=0,1",
                "txt": "da=true",
                "txt": "et=0,4",
                "txt": "ft=0x445F8A00,0x1C340",
                "txt": "fv=p20.22.0.132",
                "txt": "md=0,1,2",
                "txt": "am=851N",
                "txt": "sf=0x4",
                "txt": "tp=UDP",
                "txt": "vn=65537",
                "txt": "vs=366.0",
                "txt": "pk=5fee0041fbddb911214860f0000007",
                "port": 7000
            },
    and displays ALAC:
    upload_2023-6-26_22-45-41.png

Although AAC might be relevant to Apple Music only streamed via Airplay. For other streaming services ALAC can work. You may find this at Apple site:

By the way, with new update these two issues were solved:
    1. Airplay Artwork not displayed Now it works
    3. DMP announce itself like Apple TV type of device, but not as a audio renderer (icon is Apple TV but not speaker) Now it is OK

ammar11 likes this.
  20. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yes, AirPlay (1 and 2) does support lossless, it's actually Apple that is limiting it to AAC with AirPlay 2 to focus on one of it's intended purpose: multi-device listening with Apple Music. It want to save bandwidth, but they should give us options to bypass but knowing Apple if they give you something you have to do it their way.

I'm in Apple ecosystem and I love it but I admit the way they handle things can be annoying sometimes.

tora-tora likes this.