DMP-A6 Bug Report

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. protosingel

protosingel New Member

The 4TB SSD is a Crucial P3 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M2 SSD. Formatted by Eversolo DMP-A6 after mounting. I don't remember if the installation was before connecting the A6 to the LAN and the Internet or after. I expected it formatted in exFat, but from the PC it shows as NTFS.
    Its root folder has the Android folders which are empty.
    pic10.jpg

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So, if you are sure it was unformatted before you installed it on the A6, then yes, it has been formatted by the Android on the device. What I doubt, though, is Android being able to format to NTFS.
    Or maybe it's just Windows showing NTFS on the drives mounted by SMB... (BTW, using SMB you actually don't care - don't know - what the filesystem is, as it is dealt with by the remote OS...

Note that, even if the drive is pre-formatted, once Android sees it for itself, it adds all the Android fancy folders, no matter whether the A6 will use them or not.

Supposing the SSD was pre-formatted in NTFS, you have some spare time, and the hardware, you could try to re-format the SSD on your PC using ExFAT file system; then put it back on the A6, and transfer some music again and check the resulting dates.

I know this might be annoying, especially if you have already transferred a loooot of music to it; but it couls give us a clue about what is happening.

Thanks for your time.

P.S.
    Surely the date inconsistency doesn't affect the usability of the files, but it is an annoying thing, right?

3. protosingel

protosingel New Member

I did another test. I created a folder named "new15092023" in "Storage" 32GB and a folder named "new4tb15092023" in "New volume" (4TB SSD). Both of them were created with date 15.09.2023.
    I added these two folders to the library, did update of the library and rebooted the A6.
    The date of the folder in "Storage" "new15092023" has been preserved, and the date of the folder in "New volume" "new4tb15092023" has changed to 15.10.2023.

pic11.jpg pic12.jpg

This one-month forward date change only happens to objects that are included in the library. I tried with a flac file dated 29.01.2023. The new date was changed to 01.03.2023.
    Apparently I'll have to back up the SSD and reformat it outside of the A6 in ExFAT.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    Nutul likes this.
  4. David1970

David1970 New Member

More of a missing function issue then a bug... My system at work has an open wifi network that when you select the wifi name to connect, a page pops up and prompts you to agree to terms. When the page comes up(on my phone or comp) "msftconnecttest.com" or 192.0.2.1 listed in the browser address bar, you have 2 choices, agree or not. You have to click on "agree" for the wifi to start working. This is the same on my android phone and windows computer. I was told to do a reset, have done this a few times, it did not help. I sideloaded the Opera browser, when selecting the wifi, the prompt does not appear. Even tried to go directly to the address that I listed above. It will not load the permission page to connect to the wifi. With it at home, all works, even the browser over wifi, but my network has a name and password I use. Questions I wonder about, I think the request page is HTML, does opera support this. I tried chrome, but will not work without other support addons. I have not tried MS Edge yet. Can anyone give me some insight, help or things to try that I have not yet done?
    SOLVED. Firefox browser apk worked and opened the permission page.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  5. StevenVisser

StevenVisser New Member

Sometimes when power off the A6 while music is still playing, the display shows no information after a restart. Music starts playing again with the display almost black (some backlight).

6. bradbort

bradbort New Member

Tunein radio is doing something odd with sample rates. It says everything is 192k, which is absurd with internet radio. My external ares 2 dac confirms that such is the sample rate, so some sort of upsampling may be happening. I believe folks are saying similar things about Amazon music.

7. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Also, as it appeared later, Cyrillic fonts (regardless of Encoding - UTF-8 or Windows-1251) from cue files are displayed as Chinese hieroglyphs
    upload_2023-10-12_15-1-54.png upload_2023-10-12_15-2-27.png

8. lemongrass

lemongrass New Member

Someone already posted about this under VU Meters, but I think it's really a bug. The meters simply
    don't work right when the Eversolo is used as a preamp via the Digital inputs, but only in volume passthrough mode.
    The meters don't move unless pass-through is selected, I want to use the Eversolo as an external DAC, but
    also as a preamp with volume control, there's no reason the meters shouldn't work.

9. j2j

j2j Member

Android doesn't support the NTFS file system!!

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Actually, NTFS is a Windows-only FS. The fact that some OSs support it is just a gift you are given.
    a) don't format any spare disk you use on different devices with NTFS, use ExFAT instead
    b) use SMB shares, as the local drivers will take care of dealing with the underlying FS

11. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Found the solution.
    Just changing encoding to UTF-8 with following re-scanning does not help.
    But if you delete->scan->add->scan then it works

12. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

I made some packet dumping to verify that. Airplay defiantly streams not AAC but rather ALAC (based on the collected bitrate and comparing with bitrate from the other player displaying ALAC).
    Besides usual lossy degradation (stereo image first of all) is not noticed when listening (as opposed to streaming definetly lossy files like mp3, aac and ogg)

13. Remik

Remik Member

I bardzo dobrze, rosyjski nie jest językiem.

14. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

każda rodzina ma swoją czarną owcę. You are definitely one of them (freak). Besides you insulted at the same time Bulgarians, Ukrainians, Belorussians, Serbs and others who use Cyrillic alphabet.

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Абсолютно, и аз съм за моето...
    Absolutely, and I am in ours.

16. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Nevertheless, it's not polite to write in languages other than English; even if just for off-topic messages, as leaves the others with a broken thread...

17. Denzo

Denzo New Member

i don't know if this has been reported yet but using an external usb CD drive i don't get gapless play back, even when using the gapless setting.

Remik likes this.
  18. J-Flo

J-Flo New Member

The cast screen has a long delay with Apple Music to my iPhone or iPad. Touching the cast screen on the app instantly is registered on the A6, but the cast screen on the iPhone/iPad takes several seconds to catch up. After a minute or so on cast mode the response is very slow, like a 20+ second delay. Exiting and reentering fast mode fixes it momentarily but then the issue recurs. It’s like the A6 is casting a movie to the app, but the app can’t play it in real time. It’s making the cast function nearly unusable for me. It seems a few others have encountered this — what gives?

19. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

The call for politeness looks rather hypocritical from someone who is not polite himself. Besides this forum is lightly moderated and only rude insults are censored.
    English translation of your phrase "and I am in ours" is not accurate and appeared to be meaningless.
    --------
    The point was not in Russian but in Cyrillic alphabet that was invented by the way in Bulgaria (as you know of course). Also Russian is spoken not only in Russia (about 50% of people with native Russian are outside of Russia)

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

1. I was referring to being the black sheep.
    2. we are from all over the world in this forum, therefore writing in English is the preferred choice.
    3. I am polite; I just hate BS in general, and you cannot be polite when dismantling BS, it would be an oxymoron.