Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Maybe for "extras" or the Profiles of the actors/actresses et etc. BD Players are now rather outdated pieces of kit and are rather clunky / slow in navigating Menus and Menu Items. So I for one would very much like to have my Zidoo to have BD Menu Capability. I appreciate however that this is really down to the SOC and perhaps isn't possible right now.

Each to their own but please try not to impose your views on others please

Letmein likes this.
  2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

@Nice Monkey
    CD, DVD, BD etc. are storage media that contain media files. A media player has no drives to play the storage media.
    Why should it be able to play the copies? Does a media player have to support Java? I think it is nice to have if it can. But it does not have to.

3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I like extras and I am a completist. I bought the majority of my discs and I will rip everything on the discs if I were to put them disc into storage boxes after (like I do now). Nowadays, I only rip full discs into ISOs for two cases:

1. Dolby Vision FEL discs.
    2. Dedicated extra discs especially ones with a lot of extras.

Letmein likes this.
  4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

@rozel
    My point is that Zidoo is overflowing with special requests, which has an impact on overall stability, as with any complex system.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Bill-Z9X - this isn't a special request. If you wish to store your DVD & Blu Ray collections properly then you need BD Menu capability. I agree with @Nice Monkey - this has been a request for a long time and should be given priority in my humble opinion. I know other manufacturers have similar issues here but if Zidoo could get this sorted, it would give them a serious advantage imho. Assuming it is possible though with the SOC

Letmein and Tarantula like this.
  6. Petga

Petga Member

For me, for example, the Poster Wall or Music Library, which are constantly being edited in new updates, are superfluous.

But I respect every user for whom these features are important.

But BD menus are part of the BD medium, so a media player should be able to play them.

Besides, Zidoo advertises this feature on its homepage:

For the UHD3000, Zidoo writes under "Functional overview":

"*Complete BD/BD3D/UHD Blu-ray menu playback and Blu-ray seamless branching playback are supported.

7. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@mirror @Markswift2003

Z9X -> Denon X6700 -> LG C9

Today again I have restored recovery and installed firmware v6.4.40_G

I set v6.4.40_G as recommended and it's ok - I don't have a black screen every now and then.

I have installed v6.4.42_G beta on this firmware ,The settings were the sameand I have a black screen from time to time
    The sound is still there, but the screen goes black for about 1 second and you can see the movie again

I do not change anything in the settings on the receiver and TV

This happens regardless of what movie

Z9X -> v6.4.40_G - ok no black screen -> update to v6.4.42_G settings were the sameand - Bad black screen

Please help

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No idea - I don't know of anything that changed that could cause that.

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Like you I am plagued with horrible resyncs and black screens. Also have a C9 and 8500 Denon and going through Denon is much worse then going directly to the DV but then you loose OSD of Denon so I just live with no signal and black screens. Locking to 23Hz and matching frame rate and all other combos dont help much either, it is what it is.

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Z9X - Denon 3700h - pana Z1000 and get none of the black screen issues so its probably something to do with the LG C9 and a setting

xskip likes this.
  11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Its not a setting unfortunately, this is hard-coded in C9 via an LG firmware update where it used to not happen before. Now it just doesnt play nice with other devices, certainly not Denon.

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you played with the settings

Display / DV Compatibility / Player or TV
    or
    Maxcll Maxfall see if one of those help since arent they both related to black screen issues

also on the Denon theres a setting to help with HDMI speed issues cant remeber what its called but saw it a few days back thou on mine it was off

13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

It happens with both HDR10 and DV and i have not played with Maxcll Maxfall settings and I dont understand them enough to try either. But if its a simple switch on and off, I certainly can.

14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

My thoughts completely, but some like the traditional experience so if it can be implemented then well and good. I would not bother. Main movie and as the late Prince Philip would say “get on with it!”.

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with a "traditional experience" - it's about what I said above. Everyone goes on about poster inf with HT4 - what's the difference? It's about playing additional info that the producers put on a disc.

Letmein likes this.
  16. Petga

Petga Member

I completely agree with you.
    Unfortunately, there are some members who think that if they personally don't need a feature, nobody needs it.

Letmein and B0RN like this.
  17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

yep both are on /off or one or the other types so easy to test

plus if its an LG issue since firmware maybe theres something that can be done with a custom EDID Mark would be the one to ask

B0RN likes this.
  18. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

There must be some difference between these firmware versions. I returned to v6.4.40_G
    With the same settings, the latest firmware v6.4.42_G is bad for me - I had to go back to the previous version once again.

I don't know if it is fixable - I count it
    Hope Zidoo fixes it
    I once saw that they bought LG C9, maybe they also have Denon

Onwrathz likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Don't have LG but I do have Denon, and no problems here at all...

20. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Maybe Zidoo has the ability to check such a combination:
    Z9X -> Denon X6700 -> LG C9

All devices have the latest firmware:
    LG C9 - from 24.10.2022 Version 05.30.11

Denon X6700 Firmware from 27.10.2022 (U29.1) :
    LATEST HEOS APP AND FIRMWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE (denon.com)

Z9X - from 18.10.2022 Version v6.4.42_G - black screens

I am not alone with this problem - I can see that others also have black screens...
    Hope Zidoo fixes it

Regards

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022