Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Neo models don't support Gapps I'm afraid.

2. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

so how would I be able to get roon, thank you.

3. Markswift2003

I don't use Roon, but if you have the latest firmware it should appear as a Roon endpoint - there's nothing else to install.

4. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

would that be the latest beta firmware as i have this and dont see any roon
    I want to take advantage of the two month trial first and see if i like it . thank you

5. Markswift2003

You need to install a Roon server (called the Roon Core), usually on a PC and once Roon is up and running the Zidoo "Roon Ready" boxes should appear as an endpoint (player).

As I say, I've never tried it - can't really see the point of it to be honest.

Netmask likes this.
  6. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

I see now thanks, i wonder then if roon would play music direct from the internal ssd as iam not into the total streaming thing.
    I will maybe try roon on my imac then and give it a go when iam up for it.
    i have usb pro demo installed and it scraped my music files ok but wont play at all, the advantage being it bypasses the android 9
    any thoughts there ? thanks

7. Markswift2003

Yes it will play local files, but I just think $9.99 (or $12.99) a month is a bit ridiculous to play your own files and other music subscriptions you already pay for...

No idea what USB Pro is.

8. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I have a Roon Lifetime Abo ;-) was cheaper at the start and yes the Z9X works as an endpoint since quite some FW releases already.

There are many SWs like Roon out there, it has a nice Frontend with some features others don't really have like SW Room Correction capabilities when used with SW like REW.

andrewrona likes this.
  9. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

I have just applied for a voucher from zidoo for a two month trial, does roon omit the android side completely ?

10. Armin Moesslacher

Android can only work as a remote not as a core nor as a bridge.....

11. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

So there must be some difference between roon and the zidoo mp 4 or 7 depending on firmware , playing and sorting out music.

12. atari82

atari82 New Member

Здравствуйте. Может кто нибудь связаться с разработчикам ПО и попросить их поправить аудио плеер 7 в 6.4.42 на 1000 pro? Постоянные вылеты. Не могу пролистать папки даже, сразу выкидывает.

Hello. Can someone contact the software developers and ask them to fix the audio player 7 in 6.4.42 on 1000 pro? Constant departures. I can't even scroll through the folders, it throws them away right away.

13. Armin Moesslacher

I do not understand the question.......

Roon is an own Server-Bridge-Remote Software with lot's of features. mp4 no audio format, mp7 just a fiction for now ;-) I use flac since I can always get the uncompressed original out of it......

14. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Does the music sound better with roon, Thank you.

15. Armin Moesslacher

man one more who believes in digital differences of the same file.........no comment

16. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

Roon lifer here. If your an audiophile then it is for you. A lot of flexibility, dsp capabilities, multi room support, great meta data and artist info

andrewrona likes this.
  17. elmc

elmc New Member

Did anyone also have the problem that the Blu-ray menu of some movie cannot be displayed and access. It get stuck at the warning screen and the menu cannot be displayed neither select top menu or pop up menu on the remote.
    FW version 6.4.42G

18. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

I believe that is a known issue. Some work some do not. BR movie implementation isn’t perfect. MKV your movies as an alternative. If you already have most of them as iso or similar that might be a long time commitment to mkv them all.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Is it possible to add the ability to turn off OSD such as Chapter change info. on the Top Left Corner?

20. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

The same thing happens with my uhd3000 too.
    Same problem. Is it possible to solve?
    Thank you
    Joe