Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. adownjlo

adownjlo New Member

.srt timimg issue

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:08,000
    aa

00:00:01,390 --> 00:00:02,730
    bb

00:00:05,090 --> 00:00:07,260
    cc

Line 3 don't display.

2. george kmb

george kmb New Member

Hi guys. Anyone know what my settings should be so that i can watch everything in dolby vision (obviously vs10) on my optoma uhd38x?
    Thnx in advance.

3. MRobi626

MRobi626 New Member

Hi!

First line too long, overlap with another 2 line.

4. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

I’m sure this has been discussed before and maybe it’s a more complicated issue so excuse my naivety, but will we ever get proper fast forward and rewinding on DV and HDR content? Currently the only way I can rewind or fast forward that type of video is to use the directional pad or skip 15s. The actual fast forward and rewind buttons just freeze the video. Does not apply to SDR video content.

5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Go into your Display/HDR settings and select what processing you want for SDR, HDR and DV sources... your choices that are available to you will be determined by your detected EDID of your display device.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Try install this apk:
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zidoo_daydream_v1.1.6.apk

dr4go, Delfanboy, pcristi and 3 others like this.
  7. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
    Looks like it helped! I'm testing and so far there are no sound interruptions when the screen saver is on.
    Thanks again!

8. mytich

mytich Member

Thank you very much for providing this DV improvements!

But I am afraid I got another problem now, since I updated to this firmware my newly added shows do not completely and successfully add to HT, and when I manually check sources it says "SCANNING" while only a few episodes were added, so then I need to cancel the scan, and manually run the scan again, then it adds the rest of the episodes but it takes forever to scan, like around 1 minute or more per episode sometimes... I am using SMB and connected with LAN cable. Never had this problem before, and nothing else changed in my setup. I also want to say that I did already turn off and disconnect the power cable for half a minute multiple times and it doesn't help. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

vddan, Bertrum and DennisTheMenace like this.
  9. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Oddly enough, having the exact same issue you are having. If you leave it run, it does eventually sort itself out, but I agree it is taking a long time compared to previous FW versions.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    vddan, mytich, Bertrum and 2 others like this.
  10. mytich

mytich Member

When i didnt manually cancel scan and restart it, only some episodes were added, for instance episodes 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10... so they were missing inbetween like they were skipped for some reason...

11. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I noticed that TMDB was having issues last couple of days. Sometimes posters & images from TMDB took a while to show up compared to Fan Arts. Could be a TMDB issue during the matching process.

mytich likes this.
  12. mytich

mytich Member

Maybe that is the problem then, but aren't tv shows matched with TVDB when on intelligent setting?

13. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Only when not found in TMDB.

mytich likes this.
  14. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

The Catch22 at the moment is the web interface to edit details is broken for TVDB. As long as TVDB has the correct info it matches ok.

15. 4kmaster

4kmaster New Member

where can i download the firmware/file?

16. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

It's in OTA update on your Zidoo - make sure you enable beta

17. 4kmaster

4kmaster New Member

thanks got it!

18. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

My z9x is on this latest firmware and there are some features that I’m missing, or maybe I haven’t found the right way to change them in the settings menu:

- One setting I’m really missing is a timer that will turn off the zidoo after it’s been on the screensaver for a set amount of time (5 / 10 / 15 minutes). This seems such a basic feature that I hope it is already implemented.

- Not displaying the subs when in screensaver would be great for my oled screen.

- A screensaver with only a black background and floating clock or logo, as mentioned elsewhere, would also be a great addition.

- Last one: I noticed that if I put the zidoo in standby after I paused a movie, it won’t remember where I was when I turn the zidoo back on. If I first back out of the movie it does remember where I was. When in a hurry this extra step seems unnecessary.

Tarantula likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can use the google clock as screensaver. That one can be set to floating.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    Cerebro and darky_zidoo like this.
  20. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

Cerebo, another thing you can do is add a black image to your screensaver folder to have that as your screensaver. There should be four images in the folder now. Not at zidoo now, but if you go under storage and zdaydream folder or something like that, and remove the four images and add the black image that is size of whatever resolution you are running will give you a completely black screen saver. Good for OLEDs.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    Cerebro likes this.