Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Markus2121

Markus2121 New Member

I also hope zidoo takes into consideration the menu issues, and does make improvements, at least where possible right now.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

What is the problem exactly? Translation is wrong and/or missing?

3. ofir

ofir Member

When entering QUICK SETTINGS
    Enter OTHER and LANGUAGE
    Choose Hebrew
    when playing a movie
    The AUDIO menu is empty
    The subtitles menu is empty
    When the language in OTHER and LANGUAGE is English everything is fine
    In the same movie the AUDIO menu is not empty
    The SUBTITLES menu is not empty
    Another thing Hebrew is written from right to left
    grammar is not correct meaning (.,?)
    A period should be at the end of a sentence on the left side and not as it is today

4. kovacsgergely83

kovacsgergely83 New Member

Updated my Z9X to 6.4.42 via OTA beta channel without any issues. Keep up the good work.

5. Just tried out the new F/W.
    Love the DV improvements! Amazed how quickly you were able to act on this one!

darky_zidoo likes this.
  6. Colmas

Colmas New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I am very new to Zidoo, and would like to know how to manually update a single movie if the auto scanning of a movie source is turned off?

Thanks again

7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Why do you turn off « automatic updating sources »?

You can manually update a source but for a single movie, I am not sure.

Onwrathz likes this.
  8. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

I don't believe you can update a single movie, or I should say, it will process again every movie under that source to find the one that was updated. Though, I am looking for an explanation on some of this as well. I turned off "auto updating sources" as suggested based on suggestion earlier in this thread. I know when I add stuff, it is usually a few movies at once after rip. So idea being, once I complete, I can just go in and manually update specific source, and then I have those added once finished transfer. I also use .nfo files versus having Zidoo scrub. Now specific to my assumption, if it auto updates, and you are mid adding a movie, the update may complete and it not realize there is a new movie if the movie is mid transfer, thus missing the last movie perhaps. So updating sources manually is safe way to know when to scrub, once everything is completely added to source drive(s). Now is that assumption correct?

Also, what is pro and con of "automatically scan devices"? I don't think I have seen explanation on that, and also is there an forum post for each option in preferences? Some are self-explanatory, but an explanation of each one and a pro and con of each one would be beneficial, as applicable.

Another one is what are the specifics of "analyze media info"? What is pros/cons of that? I assume that means to look for .nfo file?

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  9. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I will skip that release don't think the problem with 3rd party streaming app was solved....

10. kovacsgergely83

kovacsgergely83 New Member

Not sure, if this is directly related to 4.4.42 on my Z9X, but previosly with 4.4.20/35 the "Quick Settings" button in the Android Zidoo Controller 1.9.3 was working as expected, but now it throws an error (even after multiple reboots of the Z9X).
    The solution for me was to manually update the Controller app to the latest one you can download from Zidoo directly - which is still listed as v1.9.3, but actually points to an apk that is v1.9.97.

11. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Screen saver keeps interfering with MP7. As the pictures change, the sound is interrupted periodically.
    Is this old problem so hard to fix?

Tarantula likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Does it depend on the track/title format being played? Some MP7 track types (above all MCH) are running on the edge of available resources (SACD, DTS-CD, FLAC in HD).

I recommend to turn off: lyrics and screensavers and any other background processes when playing those.

In fact to become a really good MP the SOC should have a doubled clock rate for the processor. So my real answer is YES it is far from easy to balance all resources.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  13. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Absolutely independent. The sound is interrupted on any format. It is because of the screen saver when changing pictures. PERIODICALLY, which is terribly annoying.
    With a UAPP, this never happens!

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never have that problem as I do turn off my TV during playback. No screensaver active/needed. :p

15. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

This update is top notch
    The black levels in DV VS10 engine are now correct.
    Now i play the movies with DV VS10 on and the image is superb.
    Just when a movie have HDR PLUS i switch to auto.
    SDR i keep in auto too.
    I know the DV VS10 switch sdr into hdr but is not a natural process.
    The fanart open when the movie begin and the logo in pause are delicious.
    Great firware.
    For me is perfect.
    Keep the good working

Big John and Letmein like this.
  16. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

So for your HDR settings, are you only using VS10 for DV? And then leaving HDR / SDR in auto?

17. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

For HDR and DV i use VS10
    For HDR Plus i use in Auto and that away i see the HDR10 Plus logo in my tv
    It´s the metadata dinamic for HDR format and my tv have it.
    For SDR i leave to auto because SDR is SDR.
    If i´m doing it wrong please note me.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

better to have it in VS10 for HDR and SDR and just swap to auto for the few hdr10+ HLG stuff

VS10 for SDR makes a huge improvement over using just SDR

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Ok
    But in that case the android menu switch for hdr too.
    I go watch a SDR movie with VS10

20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will solve it in next version.