Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Maybe the unresponsiveness of the company has to do with this (found here: https://www.mqa.co.uk/partners/zidoo):
    "The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by Philip David Reynolds and David Hudson who were appointed Joint Administrators on 3 April 2023. The Administrators act as agents of the Company and act without personal liability".

roirraWedorehT likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

They are deff pushing on the Audio format front hence New Audio players and sorting out the software side of things
    But the event finished a few days back so fingers crossed the New firmware will be back on track or New boxes .

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

MQA seems to have become a dead-end street.

4. AziraphaleUK

AziraphaleUK New Member

A bit of a misleading statement, does make it sound like MQA have taken over Zidoo. When in fact it's nothing more than a streaming technology that Zidoo can play.

Oldpainless likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just so nobody gets the wrong end of the stick, MQA Ltd have gone into administration (which is way different to liquidation). It means there is a good chance of trading out of it.

Nothing to do with Zidoo at all.

6. lanz

lanz Member

Cranks likes this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Brand new firmware for Z9X released here :D

Cranks likes this.
  8. Alen

Alen New Member

Hi,

I thought this would benefit the people in this thread. I did a youtube video of Zidoo players comparing them all, and the Z9x was the clear value-for-money winner :) Please hit the like button on the video :D

Thank you

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Alen - please don't duplicate post.

In your opinion - please also refrain from making statements like this, they don't benefit members

10. Alen

Alen New Member

@rozel

Sorry, i had posted it a few times. as mentioned, I couldn't find any video that helped when buying a media player. I will take down the rest :)

Thank you again for your reply

11. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. Is it normal that when I switch to 0.255 mode the blacks on the settings page and also the black bands on the 16/9 when playing a movie are deeper than in 16.235? I know that the standard is 16.235. The colors in 0.255 are not washed out.

12. Ruy

Ruy New Member

I have a Zidoo Z10 Pro and I'm using beta version 6.4.42, but I don't see the LLDV YUV444, 12-bit option that I need. Can anyone help me?

13. Markswift2003

It depends how your display handles it, but yes, in 8-bit terms black is at 16 so if you pump out 0-255 and the display can't quantise that, black is still at 16 and so 0-15 is below black and you essentially get black crush and the image looks darker.

14. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Do we lose any HDR metadata or quality using LLDV? I just want it for SDR content, but not sure if the VS10 for SDR would do as good of a job. Any info would be appreciated.

15. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

If the new zidoos support MQA does that mean that we can install Tidal app on it? Will it support Dolby ATMOS on tidal too?

16. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. My screen was out of adjustment. Once the correction was made on the TV I switched back to 16.235 and the blacks are now ok.

17. Markswift2003

HDR10 metadata is used by VS10 in the conversion to LLDV so it's not a case of losing it because LLDV isn't defined that way, but it is used. As for quality, that's subjective and you have to judge that for yourself.

Similarly for SDR - arguably there is a bigger jump to convert SDR to DV because there is no metadata to base the conversion on, but personally I think it looks very good - again, you need to test on your setup to decide if it's the way to go.

Letmein likes this.
  18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes but you will need to have the "G" version of the software so you can install from Google's Play Store. TIDAL is a no brainer for me, works superbly and doesn't cost a great deal, especially if you already have TIDAL. Tip: get an air mouse to control as the Zidoo Remote has limitations controlling apps. It will support ATMOS AFAIK

Paulo Pedullo likes this.
  19. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

The difference between the G firmware vs normal is that the G you can install apps on zidoo?

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

you get Google Play store, you can still install apps with non G firmware.

Paulo Pedullo likes this.