Beta version v6.4.40 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2022.

1. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Thank you. I will safe your data and send it to the TMM developer. Hopefully he can help

I will try my synology nas tomorrow.

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Not sure if this is a good place to voice another concern of mine. I am a new owner and have been struggling with this issue since day one.

My WD external hard drive runs way too loud and noisier on the Z9X compare to silent operations on the Oppo or the shield pro. It ramps up (almost violently) every time I start or stop a movie, whether I am in the Media Center or the 4.0 app. Such issues do not exist on other devices whether I am playing or sorting the long list like a maniac. My best guess is this is because the drive is 18TBs and seems to have compatibility issues? Thus, it almost makes me not want to use the Zidoo because its shortening the life of the drive by such rigorous usage. If theres a any way to handle the drive better/make it run smoother, it would be great. I already have the Posters saving to the local storage and not to drives and have auto scanning and updating off in Preferences.

Thanks.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmmm - @OlivierQC , my friend, - we need answers please

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

fixed

kovacsgergely83, dr4go and SSThing like this.
  5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Sorry Rozel, no idea.

If Nice Monkey passes by, maybe he will have an answer.

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant Mr @McBluna :eek:

7. McBluna

Usually if Zidoo creates and uploads G and non G versions for all model on their server the firmware will be released here. The images have been build between 18:00 - 19:30 Shenzhen time, so may be mirror is already on his way home and will post them tomorrow. May be 6.x.40 will even be the next stable.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

9. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@McBluna

You have posted almost all the new firmware on your website - I wrote it almost because there is no such thing as usual for NeoAlpha ...
    Is NeoAlpha treated differently?
    There is no v6.7.40 firmware for NeoAlpha?

10. McBluna

I'll post a new firmware for NeoAlpha on my site as soon as it's available.

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's Friday - I guarantee they were on their way to the bar to drink vast quantities of Corona, and probably still are!

dr4go and darky_zidoo like this.
  12. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Is Corona a big seller in China? At any rate, tried the Z10 Pro firmware from @McBluna site. It works fine. The fanart display before movie now works too. I like it.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  13. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Not a big issue but that bothers me for a long time this one.

And please, update the translation files…

Letmein likes this.
  14. Sekology

Sekology Member

@Markswift2003

Hi, I tried with S&M test file with Z10 Pro with v6.4.40 firmware (from MCBluna site) and still can see the black clipping at 85. What am I doing wrong? (tried both TV Led and Player Led)

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wow - really? Hang on - PM coming...

16. OlivierQC

With the one of spears and munsil, no problem

17. Sekology

Sekology Member

Thanks for the reply @Markswift2003 , I could not upload it from conversations box, you can find them here.

Attached Files:

18. Sekology

Sekology Member

Hi Oliver, Did you try with Z9x? I have Z10 Pro

19. OlivierQC

Hi Sekology,

I tested with my 2 Zidoo one with v6.4.35 and the other with v6.4.40 and with the new FW, the black clips problem is solved, at least for me.

I used the 2 tests I have available

kovacsgergely83 and Sekology like this.
  20. Sekology

Sekology Member

I understand, I wonder why my Z10 Pro acts that way : S