Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Fort some HDMI-CEC is it's ok and for some not yet working. As you know, it depends on hardware of each one.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Please give exact cases with detailed description for those who think it is not fixed. The last FW updates up to FW 6.3.98 improved it step by step and no cases known by me anymore. Marked it fixed in my overview.

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You're right but I didn't like to disturb in minor issues as there are many more important bugs to correct.
    Z9X * Fw b6.4.06:
    Chrome app: Open the app and it starts showing the notification then sudden quit totally.
    SpeedTest app: You select the server and it shows the circle running with no response. Then you may close the app .

Frankly speaking I seldom use these apps.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  4. andy22

andy22 Active Member

I set LLDV 422/12bit with VS10 for HDR/DV with a default 4k@23hz SDR launcher setup (only frame rate switching is on), too avoid HDMI switching as much as possible.
    Yet in 1 out of 6-10 cases if i return from playing a file or just back out, i see two very quick HDMI switches and than i get a black screen. I than have to trigger a HDMI state switch via TV's smart home or the TV input menu to get a valid hdmi state and picture again.
    In essence Zidoo seems to have issues switching back to the setup launcher SDR format from a HDR or different frame-rate playback session?
    I have never seen this issue on the Shield, with a similar setup.

5. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I have the same problem, with "only frame rate switching is on" activated I have a lock time with the projector of at least 10 sec, without this activation the lock time is zero.
    Either with LLDV, auto or SDR

6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

+1 here with my PJ Benq W5700S.

7. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Next issue, the V10 BT remote often fails to wake the z9x from sleep and if it can wake the z9x, fails to work completely right after the wake. Trying to reconnect results in a "BT connection failed" error.
    This does not always happen and after a full reboot i can reconnect the remote again, in those failed cases?

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You'll get an HDMI resync when the following change:

Frame Rate Mode "Off": HDR Mode

Frame Rate Mode "Match Frame Rate Only": HDR Mode and/or Frame Rate

Frame Rate Mode "Match Frame Rate and Resolution": HDR Mode and/or Frame Rate and/or Resolution

9. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Sure, but the resync's should happen in a reliably way and not sometimes result in a black TV screen?

10. Markswift2003

It's the display that defines how a HDMI resync is handled not the source - some will handle it elegantly, some not so much.

11. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Sure, so why does it work "most" of the time, but fails often enough to-be annoying and why did this never happen via HTPC or Shield TV, which also had to framerate + HDR switch?
    This seem like a z9x issue to me, here is what i can see visually, maybe i can trigger the bug and record via phone what i see.

I start playing a file lets say DV P7/23hz from a 23hz SDR launcher.
    * TV goes black, switches into DV mode, i can see the content and than zidoo + TV display's the DV logo's
    * i play a few seconds and hit double back to get back
    * TV goes black, than some hiccup seems to happen, since now the TV display's its DV logo again on the black screen, after the player did already close?
    * screen stay's black until i switch back/forth to some other HDMi input

12. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally for some time the synchronization is long when the 'nas' has not been solicited for a while, you have to wait for the disc to wake up (despite that I have not put the day before, both on the zidoo and on NAS) ..........
    It's a problem for several firmwares!

13. Cezary

Cezary Member

It looks like the CEC problem is solved for me (Z1000 Pro + Denon AVR + Samsung TV).

14. Markswift2003

"Most" of the time doesn't make sense - it's very reliable and reproducable - it either sends a sync or it doesn't.

If you play a DV file from the SDR launcher (HDR set to Auto for example) then HDMI will sync on start as HDMI mode switches to DV - how that manifests depends on the HDMI sink (the TV in this case), but it's usually a black screen (from the TV, not the Zidoo) for between 2 and 15 seconds depending on the display.

(15s is unusual by the way and the only sinks I know do that are JVC projectors of a certain age).

You should then never see another HDMI sync until you hit Stop and return to the SDR launcher.

Really not sure what's going on in your case.

15. andy22

andy22 Active Member

It doesn't have to make sense, that's the nature of most tech bugs.

I actually found the main trigger for the issue and its z9x LLDV mode, if i set it to TV led i cant reproduce it. In LLDV i now have a DV P7 testfile, that triggers this 30-40% of the time.
    I also checked the black screen and the TV still thinks it gets a DV 709 signal, instead of a normal SDR 709 signal.
    So after the plackback stopped and the player hands back to the calling activity it wants to reset to the setup launcher display values, but for some reason sometimes this fails and instead of a normal SDR 709 mode it still has the LLDV mode engaged in 709 or at least thats what my TV thinks.

This also explains why i never had this issue on HTPC/Shield, since those wont do LLDV on my TV.

PS: Unfortunately now that i can directly compare LLDV/VS10 against Shield 2019... i cant go back anymore. The shield P7/8 redpush bug is now very visible to me and the z9x LLDV looks also better than what my TV's led DV produces.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  16. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

The NAS has nothing to do with it, it also does it from USB KEY

17. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Also some more weird stuff is going on, so can some one test this and see if you can reproduce this.

Lets say i set the resolution to 4k@50hz 422/12bit in the display settings and also "lock" this setting, but keep auto refresh rate enabled. Now if i play a few 23hz files for a few seconds and go back/forth at some point now the resolution in the settings is changed to"4k 23hz" ?

So is this normal that the setup display refresh rate in the settings panel changes on its own?

18. Markswift2003

This is where an HDFury device is invaluable because you know exactly what the source is pushing out even if the display is getting confused which seems to be the case here - what display is it?

19. Markswift2003

Can't replicate - mine always returns to 4K50 12-bit 422 - I've tried going in and out of several 4K23 files, some HDR10, some Dolby Vision (dvhe07) and the GUI always returns as expected.

20. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Hisense U8GQ

You have LLDV and frame rate switching on?