Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Already reported im sure a fix update will come soon .

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's very true but Zidoo have no control over external websites who have a nasty habit of changing APIs at the drop of a hat - using local trailers mitigates this issue entirely.

I'm not sure if the current problem is due to the firmware or external sources but I prefer not to be beholden to the vagaries of the internet as much as possible.

BearOS likes this.
  3. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

usually a firmware update should eliminate errors (bugs) but something else is running completely with zidoo
    zidoo adds new things but unfortunately what was good is made inoperable again.:confused:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  4. Markswift2003

I shouldn't really have to point this out, but writing code is often compared to squashing air bubbles in a sheet of plastic - push one down here and another pops up over there - it's in the nature of beta testing for such things to happen.

This is why we have beta tests!

xskip likes this.
  5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

But @Markswift2003 , it is to coincidental, that it got this worse after adding the Youtube trailers, please put it under attention of the developers.

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

yes absolutely,
    but you shouldn't change what works

7. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

A Zidoo is beginning to look like a DIY project.
    No manual with the new functions available.
    The only manual is this one, but it never gets updated

We give you functions, but.....you have to figure out yourself how they work. (agreed.....you get the explanation when you ask on the forum)

Do you want your own language, let the users translate it themselves. (I am dutch, but the posters can't be set to dutch, Only the QS and HT4)
    And how can those translators (users) do their thing, when transiflex is not kept up to date.

Trailers don't work as they should, so use local ones. (it does not matter that they worked fine online before, and cost vuluable HDD space).

Don't get me wrong, i really like my device, but in my opinion, Zidoo is putting so much features into their devices, that they have lost the overview of the existing problems.

So......sounding like a broken record...... stop adding new stuff for now, and get rid of the bugs first.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    Beni2360 and Six66Mike like this.
  8. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

What is the big deal about trailers who cares if you want to watch a trailer go on youtube. More important bugs and blu-ray menu system need sorting first.

darkeyes909, skelton and xskip like this.
  9. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends, Support Team etc.

There should be a possibility to revert any Beta Firmware to the last Stable one.

Sincerely

darkeyes909 likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

I've never really got a straight answer on this one - you're absolutely right of course, but I think it's to do with SDK updates that don't allow reversion.

11. skelton

skelton Member

Yeah, it amazes me how some think trailers are of such importance it should be prioritized. jeez did you buy the player just to look at trailers lol

xskip likes this.
  12. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

I have updated to the newest Beta. Please explain, what each settings do in Screen ratio>Display mode>

Compression and Screen Cover? I'm a bit confused, there is no explanation for those settings.

There are also 2x Bright option in HDR to SDR, which one is correct?

Sincerely

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I ask me the same for all those extreme HT fans. Watching the Poster Wall with trailers etc seems to be more relevant than getting the player to playback perfect. :rolleyes:

But hey everybody is different and should do what pleases most. ;)

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

It worries me that you write this Mark

According to what you write, we can't expect any improvement in the quality of FW* if Zidoo is not able to take over and stop the little (champagne) bubbles from moving when they make changes, improvements, etc...

Can we say that it's an endless vicious circle, and with hindsight what you say is true Mark.... because it also explains why they work a lot and don't count their hours because they are not able to take over.... and unfortunately it's the users who pay for it.

Can we fear that it is endless and that we are condemned to have this kind of FW (don't talk to me about BETA or not) every month for this generation of device...

@Mark, as you are very close to them, do you know when we will have an official stable FW that will allow us to take advantage of many of the features offered by Zidoo

*BETA since it became the normality for a long time and that gives to Zidoo the possibility to say to the unhappy people that it is a BETA and that it is normal that there is problems.

15. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Very intelligent remark

The problem is not the users but Zidoo which offers them different functionality, different views, etc. .... but which do not work

Users don't make whims, they want to be able to use what Zidoo offers them and put forward on their changelog or website, so if there is someone to blame it is not the users

TifKag and vddan like this.
  16. Markswift2003

This is for users of CIH (Constant Image Height) 2.35:1 screens with additional settings for 21:9 screens and 1.85:1 although these would likely never be used.

"Compressed" compresses the GUI vertically into the chosen aspect ratio and "Screen Cover" only masks it top and bottom into the chosen aspect ratio.

2.35:1 content, whether cropped or fullscreen is presented correctly within the 2.35:1 frame and 1.78:1/1.85:1 footage is masked to fit in the frame in both modes. In the next firmware, CIH users will also be able to chose to display 1.78:1/1.85:1 footage full frame and then scale to the center of their screens with projector settings as is normal for CIH without an anamorphic lens.

So unless you have a 2.35:1 screen, you don't need to worry about these settings.

Two "Bright" Settings is a mistake - it should be "Bright" and "Vivid" or the other way around - I can't remember.

HDR to SDR gamma settings only relate to HDR to SDR conversion using the Realtek Engine and I don't recommend anyone does that. If you insist on using it, then chose the setting that looks best to you, but these options have no bearing for any other HDR setting, including all VS10 conversions.

17. skelton

skelton Member

True but this is a BETA so problems will always be there to some degree. My point was, there are far more important areas to focus on than trailers which IMO is the lowest of priorities. I just don´t get how some keep bringing this up time after time like it´s worth so much attention when Zidoo team can focus on better things but i guess trailers are the selling point for some users here..

18. 56k

56k Member

thank for reply here my recording testing result here https://t.me/Z10PROREC

okay if zidoo does not want to fix the recording
    is there any other .apk application i can install that do the same ?

or can zidoo put the HDMI in recorder open source (on github) so we can look for it?

19. Markswift2003

I must admit I much prefer optimistic pragmatism over pessimism.

20. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@Nice Monkey
    I've discovered a new bug .. when I play the film in DTS HD Master, the sound is constantly dropping out ... always short dropouts ..when i play the film over egreat no problems perfect.