Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

ExFAT is meant for SD-Cards and USB sticks not for HDD's as it does not have a robust filesystem dealing with bad sectors.

H1982 and johnwoods41 like this.
  2. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Thanks, So I need o reformat to NTFS then? seems strange that its only just started . The disks are new could there be any damage that is causing the freezing? this worries me slightly.

is there a bets way to do this on a Mac? I have parallels

3. H1982

H1982 New Member

sim você tem que formatar o disco rígido em NTFS GTP no Mac ou Windows

johnwoods41 likes this.
  4. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Thanks, formatted and loading a few films to test, will let you know how I get on :)

H1982 likes this.
  5. H1982

H1982 New Member

6. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

So loaded 14 films on there, the one that was crashing most "Gladiator UHD" seems ok and Zidoo has recognised the drive fine. assuming I can load my library backup once all are transferred and not have to re math films etc? also is it best practice to allow some capacity left on the HDDs if so how much.

thanks for you help.

7. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Exactly the same transferred another 100 films and freezes every 3 mins, this is now 4 days of trying to sort this.

8. H1982

H1982 New Member

is the box still having the same file playback problem?

9. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

yes it was doing exactly then same but I think I have discovered a bug to do with bookmarking, I’ve turned this off and I have had no issues in the last 2 hours! I will write up in more detail tomorrow!

H1982 likes this.
  10. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

So I tested last night with the HDD in GPT NTFS and I had the same issue with Gladiator UHD MKV but seems ok with other films for now

When it freezes and crashes it cant remember the last position and when starting again it has a black screen with the resume prompt over then crashes again. So I thought it might be an issue with the bookmarking

My solution I thought to make this bearable was to turn off bookmarking this seems to be more stable but then I noticed that the end of the film credits it has an issue each time it’s played it skips and jumps, I only noticed this after waking up up on the couch after falling a sleep as I don't tend to watch credits.

I thought maybe there was an issue with the MKV rip so I re did but it’s the same. Replaced the file and the same, reset application data and the same.

I don’t get this issue playing direct from the hard disk or through Samba with the drive in the UHD 3000 playing from my computer.

There are no issues with the two drives I have that have been reported when scanned they say no bad sectors or issues

Equip
    Jvc x7900
    Vertex 2
    Lldv setting
    Match frame rate is on

Next steps I suppose is to rip an ISO of the file and test that? but I was trying to avoid iso if I can

Puzzled any thoughts?

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

do you have a smaller hdd to test vs the 14tb ones ,ie 2-4tb say

that should eliminate whether issues with drives/drive size or something else

12. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Hi thanks for your response. No I don't unfortunately. will do some more testing tonight

13. Giannis Almalis

Giannis Almalis New Member

I am a newbee without any experience, but i am wondering, why all these firmwares are beta? why not an official stable one?

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's the nature of these type of boxes and always has been - they are continually developed so the firmware is always in beta. When it's released as a public beta it's usually fairly stable though.

15. Netmask

Netmask Active Member

I think one would be waiting 12 months or so for a full and stable update but releasing beta versions that have presumably tested by beta testers and the decision is made that whilst they may have a few quirks they are safe to release for those interested in trying out improvements. Firmware updates cost money to develop so any business will try to keep costs to a minimum unless you have a group of volunteer and competent beta testers to make improvements.

16. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

played 709 for me too on Z9x even thou info on z9x was saying bt2020

looking at mediainfo for your file vs a couple 2020 files i have i could see a couple differences

yours

rame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.113
    Stream size : 484 MiB (84%)
    Writing library : x265 3.5:[Linux][GCC 7.5.0][64 bit] 10bit
    Encoding settings : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=1 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=3840x2160 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=50 / high-tier=0 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=3 / no-allow-non-conformance / repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / no-open-gop / min-keyint=48 / keyint=48 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=2 / b-adapt=1 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=48 / lookahead-slices=8 / scenecut=0 / hist-scenecut=0 / radl=0 / splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=32 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=16 / tu-inter-depth=2 / tu-intra-depth=2 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=1 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=1 / no-limit-modes / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=44 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=0:0 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / selective-sao=0 / early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=1 / psy-rd=1.60 / psy-rdoq=5.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=abr / bitrate=23000 / qcomp=0.75 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / vbv-maxrate=25000 / vbv-bufsize=25000 / vbv-init=0.9 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=1.00 / no-cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=9 / transfer=2 / colormatrix=2 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.00 / hist-threshold=0.01 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr10 / no-hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=0 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / no-scenecut-aware-qpconformance-window-offsets / right=0 / bottom=0
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020

mine
    Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.052
    Stream size : 3.48 GiB (94%)
    Writing library : x265 3.4+2-73ca1d7be377:[Windows][GCC 10.2.1][64 bit] 10bit
    Encoding settings : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=4 / numa-pools=16 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=3840x2160 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=51 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=4 / no-allow-non-conformance / repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / no-open-gop / min-keyint=23 / keyint=250 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=3 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=20 / lookahead-slices=8 / scenecut=40 / hist-scenecut=0 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=0 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=1 / no-limit-modes / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=-3:-3 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=3 / selective-sao=0 / early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=0.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=crf / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / vbv-maxrate=160000 / vbv-bufsize=160000 / vbv-init=0.9 / crf-max=0.0 / crf-min=0.0 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=2 / aq-strength=1.00 / no-cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=0 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=9 / transfer=16 / colormatrix=9 / chromaloc=1 / chromaloc-top=2 / chromaloc-bottom=2 / display-window=0 / master-display=G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,1) / cll=940,186 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / hist-threshold=0.01 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / hdr10 / hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=0 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / no-scenecut-aware-qpconformance-window-offsets / right=0 / bottom=0 / decoder-max-rate=0
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : PQ
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
    Maximum Content Light Level : 940 cd/m2
    Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 186 cd/m2

your file didnt have any of the info after colour primaries ,whereas i checked a few of mine and they all had the missing info and worked in hdr10 for me
    ie
    Transfer characteristics : PQ
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
    Maximum Content Light Level : 940 cd/m2
    Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 186 cd/m2

so its lost what made it an HDR video ? is my guess

18. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Hi, cucnz,

appreciate it, wonder it can play hdr on pc, plotplayer.

19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Back at the start of the quest to rip Dolby Vision (dual track mp4) 3 titles always had problems and one was Gladiator, I bought it obvs, tried a couple of scene releases and I always ended up with some sort of problem when the the EL track
    was present, either in a dual track format or single track dual layer.
    In the end I ripped it without any DV data present and it plays fine, I don't like any film enough to spend days and days re-ripping lol.
    Might not be the cause of your problem but some things just don't like some things.

johnwoods41 likes this.
  20. johnwoods41

johnwoods41 New Member

Thanks

It could be this, luckily I have one spare disk with nothing on it yet so its a matter of reformatting and transferring over so only ripped it again once. I just want to make sure that I have this right before I fill up the other disk. Eventually I will sort out a NAS but didn't want to invest heavily in that incase the quality and stability were too much of an issue.

but im glad I noticed it as ive been advised to change the format of the drives anyway so hopefully if this is just the odd disk here and there im fine

The other films I had issue with were

Dredd UHD which froze ( the first time it happend)
    Ryan which gave me flicker ( now as an iso )

How can I rip without the DV using Make MKV? or do I need another tool