Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response. IMHO I think media file scanning during initial scan is the way to go.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nice!

3. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

make the player recognize the sound yourself as it recognizes mkv, 4k, hdr, 23,956fps, only the sound does not recognize from the video file, that will be great

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

If you use srt. files the subtitles work, you can download the manually in name them the same like the mkv with -fr (frech) -engl (english) as example. The problem from the manually downloaded: they are sometimes not in sync or similar:

So how do I do it:

download the subtiltes at:

https://yts-subs.com/ or http://www.opensubtitles.com/

Name them like:

abcdef.mkv abcdef-engl.srt or abcdef-french.srt

If they are out of sync or have even a linear sync problem correct them at:

https://subshifter.bitsnbites.eu/

Of course instead of using the subshifter HP you can use the freeware "subtitle edit" which is very powerful but you have to read some threads or manual to get an expert :) and the tool is a windows application....

best regards,

Armin

blenky likes this.
  5. Thanos

Thanos Member

Maybe not necessarily. [Tested on Z9X model] I didn't try FFprobe.
    Extracting movie information with "mediainfo --fullscan" or classic scan takes on internal HDD ~ 220ms
    [​IMG]

It might be easier to save the information in XML when scanning and from this file (from the inside of the player's memory) to insert (load) the information into HT.
    ** which will not affect the movie and so the scan does not need to be performed if the movie is not run as the information is loaded from XML already saved internally.

230ms for storage. ~ 500ms for setup and 250ms for HT application, that's 0.9 → 1.3s max per film, which is completely acceptable

[​IMG]

I don't know if the realtek SDK allows multiple threads to be used for scanning, which would speed up the scn screen by half.
    (Alternatively, you can leave an in-depth test as a possible alternative)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We will do search subtitles with hash and imdbid soon.

7. Michael Thong

Michael Thong New Member

Problem with srt subtitles embedded with MKVToolNix, screen became green sometime became red 20210603_113610.jpg

8. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

I have a Z9X running V6.3.2 and youtube has many playback issues and no trailers will play from any online source. This is just an FYI and I have read through some parts of this thread and realise it's not just me, I just wanted to report it.

9. NikosR6

NikosR6 New Member

Heyyyy hello helloooo..!!!!Where is new months FW update??:):):):):):):):):):):):)

vibs likes this.
  10. 1piotr13

1piotr13 Member

vibs and NikosR6 like this.
  11. NikosR6

NikosR6 New Member

12. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Do you have a link for "Renew My TV series" ?

13. sandyj

sandyj Member

Rename My TV series
    https://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre/rename-my-tv-series-v2/
    File rename format I use under renaming rules
    %N.(%Y).S%SZE%EZ.%F

Also I find it works best to put all the same TV series in one folder and not split them into separate folders e.g don't create series1 series2 folders under each TV Program folder as I have had intermittent problems with the Zidoo with this. Since doing this I have had zero issues with tv series detection by the Zidoo.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  14. sandyj

sandyj Member

Agreed those ones you mention have better detection however I find it no real hassle to use Rename My TV series and TinyMedia as I like my media with good naming conventions it makes them work with a wide range of applications and different media players and usually only has to be done once correctly. I have had to always use some form of media management tools in the past anyway with other media players so I guess for me its expected as I would never like the media player to rename files (which of course they don't) I like to do this in a controlled way.

TinyMedia does support downloading trailers and subtitles might be worth a go.

I believe Zidoo will in time make there media detection better especially with media Tags and labels etc but this does not stop the enjoyment overall as the most important thing to me is the playback works correctly and I am not thinking every time I use it is the file going to work this time this is now the best media player I have ever owned in that regard. I did have issues with the player to begin with but now that I have fully worked through that it just works for my needs I do not want to load every firmware release just to add some features but will wait for others here to do the testing first and see what they report.

15. JohnG

JohnG Member

Thanks, I will give that a try and report back!

16. sandyj

sandyj Member

Yes its a frustrating issue I also found issues with the HDMI cables and I no longer have any handshaking problems either not really a Zidoo issue as it occurred with other devices as well.
    I have a JVC NX-9 projector with 112" Stewart 130 G4 which presents its only problems with hdmi cable lengths your setup is almost the same as I use.

JohnG likes this.
  17. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

Hello, now it has been put to enter the movie directly, but the ones that have a menu (fullbluray) would be nice to be able to enter the movie with a menu and not the movie without going through the menu, can you?

18. bipbip2077

bipbip2077 New Member

I have the same problem.
    my tv is Samsung Q80t.
    Is there any solution?
    Thanks.

19. bipbip2077

bipbip2077 New Member

Many people have the same problem and zidoo does not fix it.
    I would not recommend the product with such a serious bug

20. vibs

vibs New Member

I've not received any solution for this issue. It's not a pleasant experience. :(

User should be able enjoy movies and TV shows the way the filmmakers intended!