Beta version v6.3.12 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 Discussion

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 16, 2021.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

weird ,my Gemini man played from full bdvm using play ie first menu choice , came up with 60 hz on both z9x and panasonic z1000

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Try with and without menu. There is the difference.

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Cheers Dennis,

Rank amateur's ;-)

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

One downside to this is that English (XC) uses US date formats. I use a photo screen saver (Fotoo) that now displays US dates. OK minor gripe but I hate seeing 8/17/2009 and not 17/8/2009.

Mabon and rozel like this.
  5. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

For me, after updating to 6.3.12, I still have a problem with audio synchronization in mp4 DV files ...

In the mkv files from Dolby Vision, I have green flashes of the image from time to time, just like when I switch to the next chapter ...

Translation of the menu into Polish - no improvement here .. nothing has been improved

In general, I have the Z9X somehow from October 2020 and I was hoping that the firmware would be refined sooner ...
    Probably the new Zidoo will come out sooner than we will see a stable and super-working version of the software

6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I've discovered this by accident when I was testing test patterns with LLDV the other day. The green flashes people were talking about actually happened to me finally. It only happens when HDR settings set to LLDV playing a native DV content. I was testing Source Code (FEL) and Chaos Walking (no idea if it's FEL).

I see you're using an LG C9 too, perhaps it has something to do with the TV (I have no information if users with a different TV have the same issue). Although doesn't necessarily mean the TV alone is the cause, because it is player-led so maybe Zidoo might be able to see something from their side as well.

7. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Hello

The symptoms are that the sound just ripples. There is a kind of prolongation of a certain measure. As if it was freezing for a moment and starting again. It happens on all my albums and I have a lot of them ....

Switching to a lower frequency - any other than the native frequency, causes the sound to play correctly. So 176.4kHz down (at native 192kHz) is playing fine !! ???

Unfortunately, in any of my devices I am not able to check the real bit depth of the material played by Zidoo. Only through the DAC and audio players such as UAPP, I assume that the files are recognized and played by ZIDOO correctly.

Greetings!

8. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Hi.I have on Z9X the 6.0.90 firmware version without Google Play so I want to ask if I go to this beta v6.3.12 my settings will left intact or will be reset to defaults?Do I have to write down my settings before do the update?
    Also is the beta version stable enough with no isuues?

9. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Thanks for your detailed testing but how many betas are they going to release before we get a stable release firmware?

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've been playing with media players since the old Pixel Magic boxes c.2005 (and Windows Media Center before that!) and I'm sure we all know by now that there really is no such thing as a stable release - these boxes by their very nature are developed and changed constantly until new models are released and then focus moves onto them, but they are always in "beta" so to speak.

These latest boxes are particularly challenging because of the massive number of variables involved in the huge number of modes they are capable of, particularly with VS10 and the variations of users' setups.

The public betas are generally extremely stable (to be fair the private ones are too) and although I know some will disagree, a great many issues are down to individual environments or finger trouble.

vddan and ammar11 like this.
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have never lost my settings after a firmware upgrade. But if you are nervous just take photos of your main settings before hand. And yes the beta is stable. Not without issues but that is the same with all of them.

kirkinezi likes this.
  12. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Maybe therefore Zidoo lost such basic functionality like a simple frame rate switch that actually works.

13. Markswift2003

No, frame rate switching works fine and always has.

ammar11 likes this.
  14. ammar11

Frame switching with MKV files (or any other standalone formats) are perfect. Or do you mean while playing through the BD menu? I've heard of that but I've never use menus so I don't really know about that.

This is one of the reasons all my discs are ripped into simple MKV files using MakeMKV, the same untouched video/audio tracks without the complexities of multiple pieces of M2TS files and menus. I even rip the extra features if they're very good ones like Charles de Lauzirika's Blade Runner's Dangerous Days and the Alien Anthology feature documentaries.

If I want to see the menus I will just put the discs into my BD player (honestly haven't done that for quite a while).

Can anyone enlighten me why anyone would want to watch with the full BD menu? Any advantage vs in an MKV container?

15. compingharry

compingharry New Member

Well, after a bumpy introduction to Z9x I am really beginning to appreciate the box...but with a "simple" Blade Runner 2049 4K MKV file, VLC player on Windows plays it like it should, and Z9x puts subtitles too low on the screen and they can't be seen entirely; Star Wars Rise of Skywalker BDMV stretches the image and switching Aspect Ratio's does not seem to do much; VLC player plays it correct. Because I can compare 1:1 on my Windows 10 PC and can use VLC and PowerDVD, even when playing random movies for a moment I notice such differences immediatley. Since I rearranged the Control App in my head (that's possible) I really like going thru the menu's and it actually becomes enjoyable, but that took several introducion sessions...(Via SMB I also could do a comparison with Pro Vision, but the call of Virtual Instruments is getting stronger every minute...)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  16. ammar11

Subtitle positions can be adjusted. Push the Menu button and the remote and explore all the options.

Just sharing, On Windows try using MPC-HC/BE or any software that support external filters with madVR, use the NGU scaling algorithms, enhancements & rendering/dithering your PC can handle and you'll get the picture quality way, way better than VLC/PowerDVD, or even any Android media players even Zidoo.

17. Markswift2003

Subtitle presentation (position, colour, style etc) depends on the type - whether it's text (SRT) or images (PGS) and the aspect ratio of the file.

You can change position per subtitle using the menu button during playback.

There must be something odd about that BDMV - the video should be 2.35 presentation within a 16:9 frame so aspect ratio should present correctly. From what you describe, it sounds like the m2ts file has been cropped which is non standard - it certainly wouldn't be cropped if it's a straight rip.

compingharry likes this.
  18. compingharry

compingharry New Member

Info said indeed 1920x800....I never really paid too much attention to file properties...that's gonna change right now ;)...Still MPC and VLC player played the file 100% flawless...

19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I second this! MPC-HC is great! just look up K-light codec and grab the release from there.

20. Arch30n

Arch30n New Member

When playing SACD or FLAC with internal DAC the sound cuts off sometimes and take 2-3 seconds to came back. Which means that the audio part is unusable.
    TV is OFF, using Zidoo App latest version iOS and UHD3000 on v6.3.12 of course (box powered off and restart after update).
    Music is stored into a 12TB HDD formated in NTFS put in the UHD3000 (tested with HDD standby set at 10 and 30 min), same problem with ethernet connection to a NAS.

Any idea ?