Beta version v6.3.12 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 Discussion

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

I don't mind the software is still in beta but the problem with these devices are once the company release a new hardware this one is obsolete. I remember buying the Dune HD Smart D1 from DuneHD and we were promised that the device will get a lifetime software and hardware every time the company releases a hardware but that never happen.

If Zidoo releases and better hardware and I have pay for incremental upgrade i wouldn't even bother but that not the case.

2. Dune and Zidoo are hardware companies, there is no money in free software updates.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thats funny i purchased a Zidoo Z10 circa 29 -04 - 2019 and they have
    just released a new firmware update for it the other day …………

Does that mean there still supporting it ?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For sure they do.

DELUCAS likes this.
  5. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello, I always after a reset of the box "The trailer could not be read". Wouldn't it be necessary to update with Google to have the trailers?

I can see he is trying to read the trailers, because I see the titles playing but still the same error message.

6. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Exactly the same here. HT tries several different trailers to load. Perhaps blocking one needed URL with Adguard or pi-hole - I need to check.

z9x tries to connect, but bocked URL:
    alog.umengcloud.com
    alog.umeng.com

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Didn't I saw talk about a new firmware this week?

8. DELUCAS

Good chance end of the week if .

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

if what? ;)

10. DELUCAS

if its ready & there happy to release it to all and what model first ;)

blenky likes this.
  11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Sorry I was away, already replied your PM. You can use K-Lite but I'm not sure if it has the latest version. I downloaded directly from here. madVR is an external filter, there are a few software that allows external filters i.e KMPlayer (check here) but I prefer MPC-BE.

We're off-topic, so let's leave it here. There's a lot to talk about it and I've provided the discussion board in my PM.

compingharry likes this.
  12. Thanos

Thanos Member

One of the main criteria for me was the opportunity to find subtitles in French. Unfortunately, in previous versions this was not possible.
    So I'm very happy that I can announce that in the latest version of HT, this problem was fixed and it changed a lot for me. I would like to thank ZIDOO, especially the users (administrator) MIRROR who willingly contacted me and helped solve the problem.
    .. thanks again

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    MsieurSeb, compingharry and Tarantula like this.
  13. Arch30n

Arch30n New Member

Nobody had the same problem ? sounds stop, then came back a few seconds later. Problem is the same from HDD inside bay or from a NAS.

I have also noticed (like in my previous Z9S and Z10 Pro) that sometimes the box freeze when putting in standby.

14. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Huge problems with 2.0 channel audio movies. No sound at all for previously working files via this new firmware.

Can anyone test a couple of different types of 2 channel files to confirm?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

2 Channel DTS works fine, 2 channel AAC works fine, 2 channel E-AC3 works fine, 2 channel MP3 works fine, 2 channel FLAC works fine and 2 channel AC3 works fine.

Let me take a guess - the files you're talking about are output as PCM and you've got the Zidoo volume control set to zero...

16. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Yes thats what the issue was. My brother is the only one who messes with that control. Thank you. Does Zidoo community have a Discord or something similar? I think that would be invaluable even if Zidoo staff didnt join in.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

The Zidoo volume control sometimes go back to very low. We want it to be able to set it once and stay there.

timmyp53 and Mariusz like this.
  18. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I have a strange problem. From the beginning I was using Auto option for HDR and Resolution settings, which always sets to 3840x2160@60 BT.2020 and in Z9X menu I have always DV. I have change from Auto to one of the VS10 profiles under HDR settings, played some movies, just to see the differences. After that I have change once again to Auto and now I have always in Menu 3840x2160@60 709 ITU and when I launch SDR movie it's displayed as SDR not VS10 profile is activated, which was earlier for such source. Is it a bug or something is going wrong with my piece of Z9X?

Thank you in advance for your help and support. I have got 6.3.12_G from the first day of release.

Sincerely

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's exactly how it should behave - Auto effectively means passthrough, so SDR plays as SDR, HDR plays as HDR and DV plays as DV (assuming a DV display), and the menu will be in SDR.

20. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

...so from day 1, when I have got Z9X something was wrong with this unit? I had always DV in Menu, when Auto ;)

Sincerely