Beta version v6.3.12 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 Discussion

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure if @mirror meant to lock the firmware thread, but I don't want to unlock it so I thought I'd start a discussion thread instead.

ammar11, Tarantula and Mabon like this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It took me about 8 minutes to download for Z9X plus UHD3000 running in parallel.
    First need to get new batteries for my V8 remote as it eats those like candies.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @mirror very much appreciated :)

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Football, Zidoo, football, Zidoo - life is choices. Errrrm football (always) haha. Come on Wales!

Mabon and Mentor27 like this.
  5. Superdog

Superdog Member

Updated already, power off for half an hour before testing.

6. Superdog

Superdog Member

The current trailer failed to play... Still happened

Only one movie : Godzilla vs. Kong can play the trailer and with audio.

7. compingharry

compingharry New Member

I'm not ready yet...wait for me ! ;)

8. Markswift2003

Can anybody confirm how non DV UHD BluRay ISO and BDMV behave please?

I only have 13 ISO/BDMV rips I use for testing and all are DV and all but one (LOTR) have serious issues with navigation and playback. Just wondered if this is restricted to DV rips.

upload_2021-6-16_19-31-9.png

9. zwierzak

zwierzak New Member

Poster wall - no scroll alphabet right sidebar

10. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I uploaded the latest firmware and so far tested the m2ts files from DV and so far everything works ok :)

11. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

updated first movie i tried basic instinct iso before update menu played perfect, this update crashes menu not display another great start.

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Is that long really necessary? I'm a bit confused now as to what'd be the right thing to do. What happened to the two times of disconnecting power for a minute and booting up?

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have installed v6.3.12 after making the bad decision to previously update to v6.3.7 beta.
    v6.3.7 had some terrible English translations in HT4 and Quick Settings which I hoped that this new beta would fix. However they are still present

Examples
    If I hold the OK key over a film or TV series its takes me to page where I can rematch, change poster etc. If I select rematch the next page has 'Confir' and 'Cancel' instead of 'OK' and 'Cancel
    If I 'Change Poster' I get selection of 'Poster' and 'Stills.' Should this not be 'Poster' and 'Background'?
    In Settings - instead of 'About' - its says 'On'?

There are a lot of similar issues in quick settings.

Is there any way for me to get a correct English translation?

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

of your list I only have 2 DV.

Gemini Man (ISO) - Plays fine from main menu
    Super 8 (BDMV) - Language selection screen all I can just see a white box - which I know is the default English. After clicking the white box I get to main menu OK. First time I selected Play it tried and just went back to Bluray menu. Tried again and this time started OK

Tried a non DV Tenet and went to menu and then played fine.Not had chance to try any more.

More concerned getting my HT4 and quick menu English sorted!

15. Markswift2003

Yeah the UK English translation is completely screwed now! I changed to German - that seems to be almost perfect English - well it was in 2.3.7 - it seems to have gone back to Germish is 2.3.12 so American English is as close as we'll get at the moment....

16. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Another issues is the frame rate resolution setting, am i right in saying if you playback a file like 1456*1080 the output should be the same so your TV does the up-scaling, because currently that file on zidoo shows output at 3840x2160p. In fact any frame rate that is unusual this will happen.

17. maglione

maglione Member

Loki s01e02 Dolby Vision .mp4 audio out of sync.

18. Markswift2003

Must admit I never bother - all my boxes are on 24/7 and I never bother to reboot for an update - but it is good practice, and you only need to depower for a few seconds, so 30s or a minute or so is perfectly fine - beyond that would make no difference - there's nothing on the board that would care!

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Tried that and made no difference - still the same silly spellings. When you change language it resets HT4 to foece you to scan in new language. I did this and many films shown in German - unsurpisingly.

So I went back to English

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Found a bug (at least for me) with HT4.

I changed language so had to re add devices and do re scan. Initial scan always fails to find a number of my files as some are just random video files. However some are movies it can't find until I do a re match. I went into 'Not Matched' (as my translation has it) and re matched one file. After that all other unmatched files disappeared from the Unmatched screen and cab no longer be seen in HT4

Also if I clear match info on a file to remove from it the poster wall it should go into un matched as I requested - but does not.