Beta version v6.3.12 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 Discussion

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 16, 2021.

1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

They are working here as well, although i did the hotfix posted by mirror to fix the 6.3.7 release and trailers which worked. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but others are reporting that 6.3.12 fixed their trailers as well.

2. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Hello, can we get this update OTA or we have to flash it?

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

one thing i noticed with this update was that i mistakenly didnt get the Google version

What that created was a big freeze quite regularly ,before a popup saying google has failed do i want to close.etc.

im wondering if this may be behind some of the lag issues a few seem to get , that doesnt effect most of us

ie maybe at one stage they had the google version ,then swapped to non google ,which was causing lag freezes as it polled the app to try to start

reason im thinking a possiblilty ,is that i have swapped from google to non then back at different times , BUT never seen the google crash POPUP and freezes it caused, in earlier firmwares

d/l and installed the G version on top and all working so far

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Download it then update it via usb .

5. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

I already downloaded the update but it's zipped, after unzip I can't find .img file

6. DELUCAS

Dont unzip it ! leave as it is .
    Zidoo unzips as it installs .

1GTRBG likes this.
  7. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Thanks for the fast replies :)

8. DELUCAS

Dont forget a few reboots and mains power off after update :

1GTRBG likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Frankly I never unplug the power. But at least one reboot is highly recommended. As I always power off when not in use that regular reboot is happening naturally.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    1GTRBG likes this.
  10. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Native Player:

The bug if you set audio and subtitle to fixed language is still present in 6.3.12

Movie or series starts then pic freezes after 4-7 seconds audio starts from beginning, pic resumes at freeze point when audio reaches it.

Manual switch of audio or subtitle gives no delay (maybe 0.5 sec). I consider it a BUG since the player seems to load seetings from the quich settings menu all the time it starts a movie.........Of course manual switch is a neat workaround but not what the quick menu setting is reflecting, For a movie it doens't really matter since it normally starts with the opening credits but for series which start immediately it sucks........

Subtitles bug for .sub + .idx files also still present in native player (only around 70%are displayed) not existent in ZDMC or Kodi or any non native player, also sucks still, but I use .srt for almost all of my movies now.........or mkv embedded subtitle files.

11. DELUCAS

Some dont even re boot after firmware update & you wonder why they have issues and want to revert back to earlier firmware .
    and all it takes is a re boot or two to just as such re set the machine .

12. Nice Monkey

I have a problem starting up the player without the TV being switched on. The Music Player remains then totally unstable. Switching on the TV temporarily solves this.
    I want to be able to play Music without using a TV using just Zidoo Controller.

An EDID problem? Could EDID spoofing with my TV's EDID help?

13. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

14. Nice Monkey

Happens with HDMI only or also using DAC output?
    I use the DAC for 2CH.

15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

"1. Added the function of skipping title and cast for TV series."

How it works and where is this function?

16. Good morning everyone and good morning Nice ..... I have probably asked this question before but, since things can change from firmware to firmware, forgive me if I do it again. My goal is to hear music to the fullest of possibilities offered by the Zidoo and my Anthem MRX 700 Receiver. I immediately say that in order to take advantage of the full support of HDR and DV (Sony KD-65 x and 9305), given the old HDMI of the Anthem, I have to directly connect the hdmi output of the Zidoo to the TV. For audio, I use the optical cable (unfortunately). I don't have the possibility to buy a separate DAC, first for lack of money, then because using Anthem's well-performing active correction, the ARC, there would be two conversions. Now, taking into account all this, and taking into account that I listen almost exclusively to Flac obtained from original CDs placed on NAS, what would be the best settings for the music? I hope I was able to explain, thanks for everything in advance, best regards, Andrea. PS .: The Scrapper of the music player does not find all the covers for me, is there any way to put them in the folders and have them recognized by the program? Again, thank you very much.

Excuse me, I forgot that the Zidoo is the Z9x model, thanks again ......

17. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

NAJGORSZE TEŻ NA DAC. Dzisiaj sprawdzę sam DAC bez UAPP, może jest tu jakaś niekompatybilność. Po zmianie na 176,4 kHz na wyjściu cyfrowym z natywnego wszystko jest w porządku. Strasznie mnie to irytuje.....

18. Nice Monkey

Coaxial SPDIF is far better than optical but the Z9X does not have one.

Settings coming from:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...useful-stuff-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    HDMI Audio: RAW
    SPDIF Audio: RAW
    Sampling rate control => Digital Output: Native sampling rate
    Downmix HD Audio Output: ON

The Scraper of the music player does not find all the covers for me, is there any way to put them in the folders and have them recognized by the program?
    This FW update should have solved that for sure. It finds my folder.jpg files now for sure. Maybe you need to clean the database as that is used by preference.
    Updating the database manually should be possible now too., but did not try that myself.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And in the nicest possible way, it irritates me too that you are posting in your native language in what is an English posting forum - please translate your posts, thank you

Oh and @Nice Monkey , the word is "scraper" NOT scrapper :eek:

ammar11 and Mentor27 like this.
  20. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Przepraszam... Sorry