Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

This Pro range was announced as a "filler" model
    Covid ,and the main chip making plant destroyed in a fire meant their was a shortage on chips ,and the new chips with native ability to play FEL DV and 8k and AI were going to be delayed for years

Im happy with the pro model since i have so few actual bugs using it ... i needed a second DV box when i got my new model pana oled and the Z9X range wasnt being sold ,so no real worries for me
    Only dissapointment is how piss poor Zidoo has become in supporting this new range thou again Covid and the huge success of the Eversolo range threw some spanners in the works

2. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Good Mediaplayers are such a small market. Only small companies with a few people. Dont expect to much or built a media pc.

3. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

At LinkedIn they report to be between 51-200 employees range.
    At Zoominfo it's written they have 51 employees.

Also think about the external contractors that could be hired to outsource some tasks, that do not count as direct employees.

So I would say they are not small.

4. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I'm actually pretty satisfied right now. Most problems can be solved by clicking on "Home" and then going back to HT4.0. As I recall, Plex on Nvidia Shield nearly drove me to the edge of suicide (yes, I exaggerate) with all of the stupid bugs it has, most of which worked themselves out eventually without firmware updates. At one time I would go to turn it on with the remote and nothing would happen. I had to unplug it from the power supply and plug it back in. I complained to Nvidia about that and they actually said it's supposed to work like that. Seriously! Bend down, reach behind all the wires and stuff to get to the outlet, unplug and then plug back in after 30 seconds. That's how you turn it on!?!
    Please, I'll take the zidoo any day over Plex/Nvidia.

5. dav

dav New Member

I have a vm running on my unraid server which is able to use madvr etc
    But what a hassle… and the vs10 engine is really incredible, especially with an epson ls12000.
    I sold my shield tv pro, buggy thing. Apple TV with infuse is ok but you don’t have the vs10 engine. This is why I am sticking to the zidoo.

the problem for me is ht4.0 which is not as practical as Plex.
    And I am unable to make the zidoo Plex mod to work with 1.0.75 apparently, zdmc is broken, files plays but stop right after a few seconds are I can hear the audio even though I am back in the Plex menu... if anyone knows anything about that.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  6. limitz

limitz Member

GOAT local media player already exists. Switch to Ugoos Am6b+ instead and run CoreElec / KodiOS. There's literally nothing on these Zidoos that CoreElec doesn't do better, especially if your library is primarily MKV. Unless you're hankering to plug a HD/SDD directly into the Zidoo like the Z10 Pro, don't bother with it.

Can easily run Plex on CoreElec/KodiOS and plus you gain full P7 FEL support (only player on the market that can do play full FEL and not just process RPU), real TV-led, CM4.0, etc.

I'm currently selling my Z9X Pro as PlexMod on CoreElec knocks the socks off the Zidoo. Much faster and much more robust.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  7. dav

dav New Member

I stayed away from am logic chip since I read somewhere (to be confirmed…) there was issue with the playback of dts hd or true hd.
    That is why I chose a Realtek zidoo.

8. limitz

limitz Member

That's not right. You read wrong.

CoreElec supports all lossless passthrough: TrueHD, DTS Core/MA/X, etc.

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I installed Plex mod with ZDMC 20.2 to try it out. I don't use it - but just checked and it's still working fine.

10. limitz

limitz Member

PlexMod on Zidoo works, but runs extremely slow compared to PlexMod on CoreElec

It's why I'm loathe to fire up the Zidoo/PlexMod even for occasional VS10 use, the interface/everything is just so slow compared to CoreElec. On the Zidoo, you have Plex running as an add-on on top of an extremely dated Kodi version, which is running as an app on the Zidoo, and then another app to perform the path substitution. Just not ideal.

I only and heavily use Plex. I had fun with the Zidoo and VS10 has it's purposes, but the meta has changed drastically in the past few months with the stability and features of CoreElec 21.0 and the rise of the "Kodi as native linux OS" approach.

I mean... P7 FEL alone is enormous! And CE/Ugoos AM6b+ is the only streaming solution on the market that can correctly play it back. Real TV-led and CM4.0 are also really important. Zidoo does not seem interested in fixing the tv-led issue.

The only reasons now for Zidoo Z9X Pro over CoreElec on Ugoos Am6b+ is:

1) You mainly play ISOs and disk images vs MKV remux. Kodi will not play DTDL DolbyVision ISOs

2) VS10 on SD/SDR content. It's fun, but I don't like the gamma mapping of VS10. I don't think it's accurate, whites and lights are overbright

I think the Z9X Pro was the best on the market for a while, and it served me well. But it has almost been completely replaced now, especially if playing 4K dolby vision remuxes is the goal.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  11. dav

dav New Member

Thank you for the feedback.
    I am very new to zidoo and this is my first install of everything.
    I probably need to troubleshot more.
    When I launch a movie, it starts but the image dies and it says the zidoo player failed but I can still hear the sound from the movie…
    Very interesting point of view, I will have a look.

12. Funkyone80

Funkyone80 New Member

I bought z20 pro september 2023 and updated at 1052 g because I was too smart. I had to make a flash reset on 1052 without Google Service. I am still on this official version. Z20 Pro - Denon AVC 4800h - TV Philips. Devices support me all video and audio formats. Z 20 pro is also set according to Mark's recommendations. Work ok, maybe once a month coughs a little.:):( I am waiting for an official update.

13. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

How can you expect something to work after one year of buying any product. I spend money i expect it to work right out of box. I have used 3 models of zidoo all a big disappointment. Dune solo8k is my first dune device. 1080 p upscaling to 4k is superb you wont even realise you watch either 1080p or 4k. Most important i have very smooth playback and no issue of framerate as you always had with zidoo. Dolby vision works perfect in Dune whereas in Zidoo colors are too warm in dolby vision. I am happy with it.

14. sandyj

sandyj Member

I am pleased you have a system you are happy with and sorry to see you have not been able to resolve the issues with the Zidoo models you have.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    xskip likes this.
  15. sandyj

sandyj Member

Most important i have very smooth playback and no issue of framerate as you always had with zidoo - I resolved these issues some time ago and reported them here to help others changing settings on my NAS seems to have fixed that issue so can't necessarily blame Zidoo here. The last problem I had was with the latest version of the firmware and HDR files switching on the VS10 engine (was set to Auto) resolved it for me took all of 5 minutes to figure out and I will change it back once the next firmware is released.

16. sandyj

sandyj Member

The only player that is reported to playback all the dolby vision profiles is the Ugoos AM6B Plus using CoreElec.

17. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

and also OPPO))

18. theory

theory New Member

OPPO doesn't support Dolby Vision in mkv container. Can only get DV in ISO/full disc backup

19. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

Too bad that Ugoos doesn't support internal HDD. Due to my LAN issues, I need to watch direct from HDD either internal or through USB.

20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Not quite true, will also support Movie only back up folder structure (BDMV) or Transport Stream (M2TS).

theory, cbnbmore and Faceman2k24 like this.