Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

Higher resolutions are often in a different block, usually it's a block of old school VESA resolutions that caps out at 1080 and the HDTV resolutions are where you find your 4K modes, they are stored separately in the EDID.

How they are displayed varies with different programs.

2. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Thanks, Face ;-)

3. FenceMan

FenceMan New Member

I am confused about the VS10 engine and if / when I should use it?

I have Zidoo feeding my HTPC running MadVR so I don't necessarily need Zidoo to do any tonemapping unless there is a reason for it.

I have lots of UHD rips that have DV but if I leave HDR to "auto" then VS10 does not kick in but if I set to to "VS10 HDR" then everything including SDR gets output as HDR.

Should I use VS10 engine at all and if so is it possible to only use it when the file is DV compatible?

4. Racer X

Racer X New Member

You are not using remote control with bluetooth connection? This works much better. No need to aim and no need to have the player in line of sight.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, leave as is - setting HDR to Auto gives you native SDR and HDR output (including the HDR10 layer of Profile 7/8 DV) which presumably what you want to feed MadVR - you don't really want VS10 doing any tone mapping, particularly with Dolby Vision stuff.

The only time VS10 will kick in is with Profile 5 Dolby Vision (as it converts to HDR10), but that's needed because Profile 5 doesn't have a compatibility layer.

6. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I had an interesting situation last night. I was watching "Tomorrowland", and at a certain point, the picture kept changing from overly contrasty to overly flat, just from a change in camera angles within a scene. I thought maybe my rip was defective, but I tried watching that part again this morning, this time with HDR set to the VS10 HDR setting rather than Auto, and it played perfectly. Whatta ya think about dat!?!

7. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

Haven't seen that however I have seen a similar bug, brightness fluctuations on scene changes when playing DV as HDR10 via VS10, I was only doing it to test but after a while playing every scene change would flash a high brightness for a frame then even out. I went back to native DV since my TV supports it after that and it was perfect. it was perfect for a while then just started flashing until I disabled VS10.

It was an episode of 3 Body Problem, so it was DV Profile 5

8. KJC

KJC Member

When is the next "Beta Version" is coming?

9. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

It will come when it comes.

1.0.80 leaked but was an unstable internal alpha that we weren't supposed to get access to, that caused some people to have to run a full recovery, so don't try that thinking it will be better.

10. KJC

KJC Member

Really hoping that the next firmware release solves all the major issues including H.T poster issue.

11. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I have no idea which DV Profile is which, all I know is I'm slowly trouble shooting whatever bugs I have left, luckily all minor.

12. Markswift2003

Haven't got much to go on there...

13. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

It appears to me you doesn't has to be a super genius to figure out that the ziddo was switching HDR settings constantly, on the fly, when I was set to Auto. This only happened with that one movie, and it stopped when I set HDR to VS10 HDR. Don't ask me about DV settings or YcBR vs. YUV, I don't get that technically deep with this stuff. Anyway, wasn't looking for a fix, just wanted to point it out.

14. Markswift2003

It can't change HDR modes on the fly but it will react to dynamic metadata so if it was a DV movie it could be a dodgy RPU. I'd have to see it to know for sure.

15. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Damn those dodgy RPU's!!! :eek:

16. gymnos

gymnos Member

Very good question...

@mirror

KJC likes this.
  17. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

I very much doubt it will they don't seem to be able to solve the issues with this range.You just get told wait and then it will get fixed??? How long will that be? If ever sadly

18. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Looks like all insiders have received the strong suggestion or even some ban to inform anything about the new firmwares... even the info about the new versions of internal alphas that are being released for internal tests (whithout leaking the files).
    There must be a good reason for this situation. It's not the coincidence. And the only one I can figure out is that there are currently ZERO devs involved or even available for those tasks. Maybe Ziddo is recruiting?

19. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

Or are they in trouble? Makes you wonder what's going on ?? I don't believe the audio side is getting great updates either it's why I did not buy one Is it too much to ask what we paid for to work Can you Believe samba didn't work from the start that was bad omen, there are fans that will always love Zidoo I just want what we paid for in the USA we could talk about a class action for being misold

20. MrEd

MrEd New Member

In my case, i´m total happy with v1.0.80, with v1.0.75 I have some trouble with booting. Sometimes my Z2000 stops when it shows "hello". Only switching off could help. The problem only belongs to 1.0.75. Because I´m the only one with this problem, it seems to like on my config.

Racer X likes this.