Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Yeah, I grabbed the AW editor. Can I just change any parameters and upload it? Can I screw things up? I noticed for example it shows my tv's resolution as 1080p when it's a 4K. Can I change that to 3840 by 2160 and upload it? For example?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The AW editor only supports up to CTA-861-G whereas Deltacast supports CTA-861-H.

I don't know of any that support CTA-861-I yet which is the latest version.

dr4go likes this.
  3. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

You can screw many things up. Don't experiment. Learn first.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  4. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Is it limiting something? Which EDID version does Zidoo Z9x Pro extract?

5. theory

theory New Member

As long as we are talking about EDID.... is it safe to assume I can use the custom EDID functionality to trick the Zidoo into thinking that my television doesn't actually support Dolby Vision?

Edit: Bleh, I just read the pinned EDID thread and this looks possible

6. Markswift2003

No, it's not limiting anything but there will be EDIDs that the AW editor can't make sense of - newer VICs introduced in CTA-861-H for example.

The EDID exported from the Zidoo is just fine - it's not the EDID version that's restricted here, it's the ability of the editor to make sense of it.

Deltacast and Advantiv are the most up to date and comprehensive editors I'm aware of. I can't recommend AW - I seem to remember other issues with it but honestly I can't remember what - I tried it years ago so maybe it's ok now.

dr4go likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Yes, easy, just remove the Dolby VSDB.

dr4go and theory like this.
  8. theory

theory New Member

Hmmm, unfortunately each time I try to save/output an EDID from my Zidoo they are totally empty files. 0 kb edid.bin files, I'm trying to save to USB

9. Markswift2003

Would usually show as 1KB as they're only 256 bytes, but may be right depending what's reporting the 0KB

10. theory

theory New Member

Got it to work after trying to load one of the other EDID on my device. Are you able to remove the Dolby VSDB for me? :)

Attached Files:

11. Markswift2003

Here you go:

Attached Files:

12. theory

theory New Member

You rock!

Works like a charm. Thanks for the quick assist, Mark!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

Not sure what happened but just recently the Bluetooth icon is showing in the lower right of the main screen next to the Internet and USB icons. I don't use BT with my Z2000, is there anyway to turn this off? I have no clue why it is showing out of the blue (no pun intended).

14. Markswift2003

Awesome :)

15. Markswift2003

I'm guessing you just never noticed it before - Bluetooth is always on (yeah I know, PITA) so that icon is always active.

16. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

Weird. I always check that corner because it takes a bit when I turn on the device for the WiFi icon and USB icon to show and I have to wait before accessing the drives. The Bluetooth was never there before this week and the corner was totally empty before wifi and usb ones loaded. Now it is the first thing that shows so i def would have noticed before. But whatever. As long as it is not an issue or risk I guess I will have to ignore it.

Thanks for responding

17. Markswift2003

Not an issue, not a risk, just slightly annoying...

But to be fair, you'll soon forget about it.

Unclejoshc likes this.
  18. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

Not a chance but I will just have to stop myself from being annoyed by it. :)

19. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

20. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Thanks. Any reason why it would show 1080p as my tv's resolution?