Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I noticed some movie-image not starting ( i see subs and hear sound)..after i watched a few movies. After a restart it plays them fine.Do you have similar?
    I didnt notice that before..because I didnt watch a few movies in a row

2. steveoat87

steveoat87 New Member

Has the issue with multichannel DSD files ever been fixed? Also, wondering when Roon certification will come.

3. sandyj

sandyj Member

Yes true but its great for naming your movie files and creates NFO files for use with HT4 for free . If you want the other features which includes TV series and trailers then you need to purchase it works flawlessly for me.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  4. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

+1 ! Me too !

darky_zidoo and Venmaster like this.
  5. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

This is the issue I have after moving large amounts of data.

The only way to fix is a restart.

I hope this is fixed with a firmware update soon otherwise I'll have to consider returning for a refund...

mattmarsden and darky_zidoo like this.
  6. Hello is it possible to only use vs10 for sdr Playback it wass possible on my z1000 pro I cand find the option on my uhd5000

7. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

Hi, I have the exact same problem that I reported in this post : http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/z20-pro-unusable-after-a-while.96440/
    I was told it was may be caused be the "G" version of the firmware with google services. Which firmware did you install ?

8. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

9. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

v1.0.52 delivered with the Zidoo UHD5000
    Lots of bugs, it's a shame for a new device that cost this price...

Venmaster likes this.
  10. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

It seems to me that the 'Zidoo Android 11 O/S' has a memory leak.

I tested my box this weekend by restarting it a, fresh and then leaving it for 24 hours without doing anything, basically just letting the box 'idle' ...

... I then went to test the PosterWall and sure enough, the video files would not play.

I tested high-quality 4K, 1080p, and standard DVD and none would play - I just get a black screen and sometimes audio only. Sometimes I can't even back up to close the file from playing and return to the PosterWall - I have to hit the home button to get away from the black screen, and sometimes that won't even work and the box will basically freeze on the black screen and the only way to fix it is to do a system shutdown and reboot.

Once the system has been shut down and rebooted it works great, be it 4k or DVD, it all plays great ...

... so I then left it to 'idle' for another 12 hours - and sure enough, when I returned and tried to play files it did the black screen/audio-only BS bug!

This is clearly a Zidoo firmware O/S bug and in my opinion, is an obvious memory leak that is NOT just affecting my box (Z2000 Pro) but all the latest Android 11 models as it is being reported from people with the standard ZX9 Pro all the way up to the flagship UHD5000!

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

My test box is on 24/7 and has never exhibited this behaviour.

12. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

This is weird we are several users to have this problem. Like Venmaster, I just have to wait a few hours to get this issue : no video would launch (or progress indicator displays forever then nothing).
    I already tried to factory reset my Z20 Pro with no luck

My setup : like you I am connected to a vertex2 with LLDV configured to have dolby vision sent to my projector (Formovie Theater) as HDR10. I have a Denon X3700 receiver.
    I play 4K videos with DV or HDR10 and HD audio mostly, from a Synology NAS connected with SMB protocol.

Venmaster likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Sounds like a different issue - @Venmaster 's issue is that the file plays but with black video, yours appears to be that the file does not play at all. The big problem with issues like these is identifying what causes them.

14. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

It doesn't sound different as this happens to me also ... Sometimes when I am able to back out of the black screen and I retry to play the video I will just get the same behavior, The file name will appear in the center of the screen as if it is ready to play and then nothing happens ... It's just freezes.

And as explained previously only a reboot will fix it ...

15. Jim N

Jim N New Member

Agreed. I haven't used the device since I upgraded to 1.0.52......in fact I have only used it to test things since I bought it........so not ready for prime time.........wondering if a new FW is coming out anytime soon? Happy to beta test if it helps.

Venmaster likes this.
  16. dr4go

dr4go Member

Then feel free to do so: Z9x Pro internal Samba Server problem
    But remember that this is an alpha. Just because it has been quiet, doesn't mean that they aren't working on the new firmware(s). IMHO they've just released too much new hardware at the same time and they currently lack a bit of manpower to handle it in a timely fashion.

@mirror mentioned that a new firmware for the Eversolo would come out this week and given the fact that the new Alpha of the Z9X Pro was spotted even before the Eversolo's, I'd think that the new release can't be too far out.....

EDIT: Typos.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  17. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

Hi, I am new to this forum and not aware about the relations you have with the dev team. Do you have the possibility to report this issue and to get an official ETA on it ?
    Thanks

Venmaster likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

Yes, but all I can do at the moment is tell them somebody on the forum can't play their files - in order to fix something it needs to be replicated or debugged. As I said, my test box is on 24/7 and has never had this problem so it's not as simple as an OS bug.

If it was a wider issue there would be a lot more noise.

19. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Well not to be rude but there are many people on here all clearly customers who spend good money on hardware and they all including myself seem to be having what is ultimately the same issues.

In fact, the only person I see on here replying and stating they don't have the issue is you, the Zidoo website administrator.

I have a friend not on this forum who bought the Z2000 Pro at the same time as me and they too are having the same issue.

So I'm sorry but it's a lot more than just ...

It's many different users and as people have explained there is more to it than just 'they cannot play files' because they can play files IF THEY REBOOT !!! But they shouldn't have to be rebooting several times a day just to get files to work when the same files play on other devices/hardware without any issues, so this is a ZIDOO ISSUE.

20. dr4go

dr4go Member

@Venmaster: What comes to my mind, because I've seen that you're using a 16TB HDD... Do you have the HDD Sleep Setting turned On (value > 0) or Off (value set to 0)? Which file system do you use? Maybe that way it's easier to find out what's causing it...