Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Isko

Isko New Member

Same here with my Z2000Pro

2. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I can too, but I cannot change skins and also for some reason, it's not downloading any images. In short unusable. I think I will stick to the HT4 app for now.

3. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I am using the Z2000 Pro, too ...

... this a common issue with that model or is it affecting all models ... can anyone confirm?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
  4. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I dont have the problem on 2000 pro.

5. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Are you on this firmware?

Anytime I add 200gb or larger to the wall I have to reboot to get the player working again ...

6. darky_zidoo

yes I am on this firmware

Do you have the zidoo grab art work?
    I do it with external software. Might that be a difference?

7. 9800pro

9800pro New Member

Z9X PRO on stable 1.0.52 with Gaps, some installed apps are not launching from the launcher but only from Playstore.
    For example, HBO Max is not even visible in the launcher but is installed and can be opened from Playstore.
    Tidal is visible in the launcher but when selected it opens and closes after 1-2 seconds. It can be normally opened from Playstore.

8. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Yes, I grab, some artwork using the Zidoo/Poster Wall app using TMDB/TVDB and some of my own saved on the internal storage.

Which app are you using with the Zidoo/PosterWall? I was unaware of any different options ...

9. darky_zidoo

I have my movies on a NAS.
    On my PC I have TMM (tinymediamanager) to scrape movie en tv info.
    There are more programs who do similar

10. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

So how is the PosterWall not crashing for you like mine when you're not even using it???

11. darky_zidoo

I use the poster wall. I use local artwork and local trailer.
    Perhaps that is a difference

12. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

cr
    I'm not using trailers and 90% of my wall artwork is local for the posters. How would I disable the wall from using anything but local artwork?

I've looked in the settings and see nothing?

In preferences, I have Source of Scraping Movies and TV set to 'Intelligent' and NFO set to Alt'

I also have Analyse media info set to on and Prefer local images set to on.

13. darky_zidoo

That is similar to mine.

Venmaster likes this.
  14. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I wish the PosterWall external scrape could just be disabled in all honesty. I'd rather just add all the info and images myself.

Most of the time I find it useless at matching the correct content and I'm sick of manually having to update it myself via the remote control. I wouldn't mind but the majority of the time my files are named correctly and when I manually match the content the first match found and many times the ONLY match found is correct so why the hell did I need to do it manually ...

The PosterWall needs work, it is anything but 'Intelligent' and I'd rather just disable it until it is updated and performing better.

Kay66 likes this.
  15. sandyj

sandyj Member

I also use TMM (tinymediamanager) to scrape movies its the best I never have any issues with matching on the Z2000 sometimes the trailers can have issues but that not a zidoo problem its the quality of the trailers downloaded I find its best to check them first.

16. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

... TinyMediaManager is a media management tool for KODI, you guys are not explaining things fully!

I'm not a fan of KODI and have no intentions of using it.

17. darky_zidoo

you do need to read a little more. TMM can make Kodi compatable info files, which can be read by Zidoo

18. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Sorry, but I'm just not interested in paying 10 euros a year for a feature that the hardware/software I've already paid 500 euro for plus an extra cost for adding a hard disk, - should* be doing properly ...

I appreciate it being pointed out to me though, it's just not for me.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  19. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Hi there,

I just bought the Zidoo UHD5000 (delivered with firmware v1.0.52) I'm come from a Zappiti Pro, and I've also noticed a slowdown problem on my MKVs, it's absolutely not regular, I've almost noticed that it happens when the action suddenly speeds up, or so it seems.

It's very disappointing from a product like this. I hope this will be corrected soon or I will sell it quickly.

(Excuse my bad English, I'm from France)

Venmaster likes this.
  20. darky_zidoo

yeah I can understand that. I had TMM before I bought a zidoo

Venmaster likes this.