New firmware v1.0.32 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jan 29, 2016.

1. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes, but "read the pages" !!!;)

2. Mafarricos

Mafarricos New Member Beta test group

3. Mafarricos

Still doesn't work to 1.0.32 version.
    When updates binaries it fails.

4. Luke

Luke New Member

Root works. Keep reading. . Uninstall and reinstall su

5. Mafarricos

Thanks for the help, will try that. Already checked that it states that binaries need to be updated but even that way root works, with the message continuing there.
    Will try to uninstall and install again the supersu.

6. spring

spring Guest

7. Mafarricos

Thanks already working at 100%.

Installed the app, removed supersu, installed again the supersu on google store and is OK.

Thanks for the help :)

8. Krzysiek

Krzysiek New Member

At the beginning of this thread I read:
    10. Added support for RII i8 and RII i25 airmouse.

I have the RII i25 airmouse, but unfortunately only some keys can be programmed ("Menu", "AV/TV").
    Not possible to program the power off button, scroll keys and the "OK".

Could you check why it does not work?

9. PacoRabanne

Any device (also TV sets), to be powered on and off with a remote control, couldn't be completely powered off. Something should be already powered.
    Most Android TV Box don't have, like X6, a PMU unit.
    Read the X6 Pro feature page http://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/X6/target/18jaPkicAyZKKmVViAFMcQ==.html
    The reason, and a important feature of X6 is properly the capability to be switched almost completely off (power consumption is absolutely minimal when off)
    PMU is the parto of X6 already powered, and it handle remote control only by IR remote, like the one provided with X6.
    Also any command sent by IR remote is handled by the PMU unit. Another wireless remote like RII operate in a different way (via a dongle on USB port or via Bluetooth), and surely in this way powering on is not possible, because when X6 is off, the whole CPU is not powered, only the PMU is still powered and react to IR remote.

Is not a bug.

Scroll keys and OK is another matter, we hope Zidoo developers will give us a feedback about...

10. Krzysiek

Krzysiek New Member

Thank you for your explanation.
    But the programmable keys on RII are IR keys, not radio. They don't operate via a dongle :(

11. PacoRabanne

OK, let will be Zidoo to answer this question.

12. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

No, I have an Rii Mini i8+ and it has no IR capabilities at all. It only operates through the supplied 2.4G USB wireless dongle. Which Riitek product are you using?

13. Krzysiek

Krzysiek New Member

I use RII Mini i25. It has a block of programmable keys. Two off this kesy ("Menu","AV/TV") correctly works with my Soundbar (Yamaha) and TV (Panasonic).

14. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Sorry, I see now that you had already explained that. The Rii i8+ is very well supported by this point release. I ordered a Mele F10 airmouse after noticing it was mentioned in the release notes. I hope to use it to handle power off/on/suspend. After reading about the Mini I25 IR capabilities, I would have assumed it could perform those functions too.

15. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

[QUOTE="The Rii i8+ is very well supported by this point release."[/QUOTE]
    Rii i8+ is working fine but not perfectly. Rii's "home" and "explorer/browser" buttons are working fine but "search" -button is not - nothing happens when you push it ("Search button" = "magnifying glass" -icon). Is this something what could be fixed?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  16. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Re: Rii i8+ is working fine but not perfectly. Rii's "home" and "explorer/browser" buttons are working fine but "search" -button is not - nothing happens when you push it ("Search button" = "magnifying glass" -icon). Is this something what could be fixed?

Probably not. The Search button works fine in apps, like Chrome, Gmail, and ES File Manager, because they check to see if it has been pressed in their scan code. So, Zidoo already has added it to the system files that govern keyboard configuration. Zidoo can only alter the code of their own or open source apps to use it. That wouldn't apply to most play store apps.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  17. Migeye

Migeye Member

Any ETA on a new update? Or progress update? You should be fit after your holiday;)

aagvain, Rene Veen and tmirck like this.
  18. tmirck

tmirck New Member

Yeah, when is the new update coming?

19. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

when time is there :)

20. BowWow1954

BowWow1954 New Member