New firmware v1.0.32 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jan 29, 2016.

1. nakata

nakata Member Beta test group

Press the power button on your RC just for a second and your unit will power off in 5 seconds and there is a possibility to cancel it by pressing any other key on RC during the five seconds time.
    My best regards and sorry for my english

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. Donnijsten

Donnijsten New Member

You can use de app soundabout !!!

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks, I know the new procedure in FW 1.0.32, very kind anyway.
    Timeout is nice, but, as you can read around in this forum, for some other users this mod get troubles.

4. pjm

pjm Member

Thank you for this agmarco, a little bit of fiddling to root the device first, and I already have ES File explorer, and it works perfectly :)

Hopefully the Zidoo techs will make this a permanent fix in future releases.

agmarco likes this.
  5. R.cz79

R.cz79 New Member

Hello all,
    I try describe the trouble with power button for better understand.
    I use Logitech remote control like more users as i read. We use the remote control instead original remote for each equipment (TV, AV Receiver, Media center, CD player, etc.). We use only one the remote control for control all equipment.
    We have in this remote control programmed some sequences like example "Watch HD movie". You can push only one button and the remote control send sequence of commands to all equipments (TV - turn on, AV Receiver - turn on, Zidoo - turn on, All another equipments - turn off, switch input HDMI1 on TV, swith on correct output on AV Receiver, etc.) and the similar sequence of commands the Logitech send when you want turn off all running equipments.
    That is the trouble. Command for Zidoo is too long and instead turn off this command start of setting the power button. Unfortunately TV is turned off and you can not see that Zidoo is not turned off only you see that Zidoo is shining.
    It is possible adjust lenght of command for turn off for Zidoo but unfortunately shortest possible command is still too long for Zidoo.

Pleas can you solve it in next software update?

Thank you.

6. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

this does not function if you set with old settings possibility in android changed to "immediate" stop
    until now no possibility

7. OndrejL

OndrejL New Member

There is a no red led whe device is in standBy mode. Now there is blue led. So I dont know if device is power on or stand by. Can you change it, or is there any problem with it?

8. KyriakosG

KyriakosG New Member

Thanks !! After soundabout installation work perfect !

9. alanisrox69

alanisrox69 New Member

There are much cheaper boxes for Netflix/YouTube.

This box was advertised as Bluray ISO/3D ISO with HD Audio passthru @ 23.976. They have failed on this promise

This should be their ONLY task at this moment, to release a firmware that fixes Bluray ISO/3D ISO with HD Audio passthru @ 23.976.

Netflix and YouTube is all garbage quality and should be LAST on the priority list.

10. Dannis

Dannis New Member

I watch Netflix every day, using my Zidoo X6 Pro. On firmware 1.0.27 it worked perfect. I updated to firmware 1.0.32 yesterday. Audio and video are not synchronised anymore. It is really bad. Will you please repair this as soon as posible? Is it possible to return to firmware 1.0.27? Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Somchai likes this.
  11. joanthan_g21

joanthan_g21 New Member

Everyone reports and focuses on the problems that inhibit the features they use most.

For some is BRay, others youtube, netflix and so on...

Personally I came here because Netflix is all messed up and my girlfriend can't watch her series.

A year ago I wouldn't spend a thought about Netflix but now I do.

So because now you don't give a crap about a certain feature/app etc, it doesn't mean that you will not in the near future.

I understand the prioritisation process. But also consider that it goes different for each user, and even more for the developers.

Thus be patient, and give the appropriate weight to all problems.

Report the issues in the best way possible, with details and technical info if possible, to help with the solution/fix.

Avoid getting rude and hostile. It will not help anyone, or you. Consider that you might get a workaround help from someone in the forums, but being an ass, noone will wanna help you.

For me, Netflix is important right now, and it doesn't work well. I will try to rollback to 27 and see what happens.
    Then wait and hope for the next update.

@Devs, you got a lot of work to do still. But it is appreciated.

pjm likes this.
  12. OndrejL

OndrejL New Member

Did you succefuly roll back to 27, because i try it out, but some errors ocurred so it is imposible for me. Or I have wrong file

13. PacoRabanne

Have you done the full procedure, i.e. the one highlighted in the FAQ?
    I know, is a bit heavy, you need one USB cable with A type connector on both side, of course a Windows PC, you must do a full flash loosing all configurations, and the an upgrade to the FW version you like.
    If you have a X6 device with NO faulty HW this procedure works.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  14. NickTO

NickTO New Member

Is it possible to increase the streaming buffer in Kodi? by default, it's like 7MB, but when doing playback of a high bitrate 4k h264 movie, the error about buffer being depleted before stable playback occurs. Bumping up the buffer to 20-30MB may fix this.

15. cobra78

cobra78 Member

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
    Just check in Kodi's system folder if there isn't an advancedsettings.xml file there also then you can delete that one.

16. NickTO

NickTO New Member

Thanks, I had checked that folder is empty, so I assumed i didnt have access given the non-root firmware

17. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Must be rooted and enable 'show hidden files' in eg. ES File Manager.

18. NickTO

NickTO New Member

Thanks, that's what I thought. This latest firmware isn't rooted, so I'll have to wait a bit :)

19. PacoRabanne

20. joanthan_g21

joanthan_g21 New Member

So, I flashed backed to first version, and updated directly to the last.
    Audio/video sync issues were the same.

I flashed again to first version and then to 27, and it works fine again.