New firmware v1.0.32 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jan 29, 2016.

1. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

To be clear, you mean "with 1.0.27 no sync issues" with Netflix, Youtube, Kodi, Zidoo Player or other?

Sometimes is better to have some "fixed point", i.e. which version of FW is best for ... (substitute ellipses with player or other)

TIA!

2. joanthan_g21

joanthan_g21 New Member

I mentioned on an earlier post that when updated to 1.0.32 Netflix was out of sync. I didn't try anything else to see whether the problem existed too.
    On 1.0.27, Netflix is working fine.

3. pjm

pjm Member

Is it possible to disable OTA update notifications? I have v1.0.23 on one of my Zidoo X6's and want to stop the upgrade messages popping up every time I start the box.

4. BowWow1954

BowWow1954 New Member

Hi,
    I bought this box some weeks ago. It came with FW Version 23. I just wanted the box to watch films, sports channels etc. Box worked properly. I upgraded to Version 27 - no problems.
    Last Friday on switching on, I was offered the option to upgrade to Version 32, did this, now NO sound!
    Unbelievably I now find the support team are on holidays! Whilst I have no issue with anyone taking leave, I cant accept that a new and obviously untested software update is released the day before general leave!
    How do I get sound to work?
    Can I get back to the stable 27? How? (I'm not that technical)
    This is very bad support and will cost Zidoo sales. Three of my friends were going to buy this box on my recommendation, now they wont unless this issue is fixed quickly.
    Rgds,
    BowWow1954.

5. joanthan_g21

joanthan_g21 New Member

As it has been mentioned before. You need a USB cable A to A, and to follow the instructions from here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-x6-pro-box.605/

Take note what Ivan Ivanov said on that link further down:
    1. Unplug Zidoo Power Supply Unit (PSU) and put it somewhere. Do not use it.
    2. Install drivers from DriverAssitant v4.3 on your PC
    3. Launch FactoryTool v1.39 and load the firmware image file.
    4. Take USB 2.0 Male to Male cable and plug it in PC USB port.
    5. Using pinpoint push and hold "Reset" button in Zidoo box.
    While holding the button plug another end of the USB cable to USB/OTG port of the box.
    You will see "Loader" name appeared in "Device Type" column of the FactoryTool.
    6. After this just click on "Start" button and wait for the firmware flash to complete.

Then you will be at the first version and will be able to upgrade to 1.0.27 again.

BowWow1954 likes this.
  6. BowWow1954

BowWow1954 New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    However this is not a great help to someone "not that technical", and without the required USB cable.
    What I really want is FW Version 33 correcting the obvious manufacturer introduced fault in an update that was pushed out prior to what seems like no testing.
    How can any reputable company release a flawed update and then shut down for holidays?

7. cobra78

cobra78 Member

You should post your complete audio setup and equipment used then someone will be able to help.
    Just saying something doesn't work while it's working for other people will never solve your problem.
    eg. audio equipment, video players used, settings used, video codecs, audio codecs of files used, some sample files so other users can test it etc. so someone can provide a solution if it works for them.

8. BowWow1954

BowWow1954 New Member

The set up is simple - a HDMI cable from the X6 to my Samsung TV - it worked perfectly when on version 27. I have not changed any settings. I'm using Kodi add ons such as Phoenix and Freestreams.
    I deeply regret accepting the update offer to 32, it clearly didnt get tested properly. It also is using the Kodi 16 release Candidate 2 - something that should not be used as even Kodi dont regard this as stable!
    Zidoo have dropped the ball here! An untested flawed release containing potentially unstable third party software, with the entire support team on holidays.
    This is the Zidoo mission statement - "High-quality, Perfect beyond, Striving for perfection" - this not the reality.

I could have bought a lower spec box at a fraction of the price, but went for alleged quality and support. 32 needs fixing now.

nexy33 likes this.
  9. argg

argg New Member

if I understand correctly you want to downgrade back to v.27 because of the no sound problem. If so, there is really no reason to go through all this trouble. I had exactly the same issue and I managed to rectify by following method #2 that member agmarco was kind enough to provide here. I suggest you give it a try

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    BowWow1954 likes this.
  10. Shuki

Shuki New Member

Please be clear - I love the box, BUT

(1) will you get Netflix to operate in full HD resolution?
    (2) Can you make YouTube (and other HD offerings in Kodi, etc.) operate at their maximum resolutions?

These two very basic asks are critical in order for your company - which has great promise - to be a success. These HD related fixes need to be simple and come from Zidoo in an update (and not a complicated work around).

11. user59

user59 Member

Shuki likes this.
  12. Shuki

Shuki New Member

User59 - that is an extremely helpful article actually (as are the comments). Thanks for that.
    But what about Youtube? Or even Kodi addons? Everything seems to default to 720p. How can that be fixed?

13. Solo_7777777

Solo_7777777 New Member

14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you used usb 2.4G remote?pls try unplug it,cuz 1.0.32 add usb audio device support.We are evaluating a better way to achieve it

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-32-for-zidoo-x6-release.995/page-5#post-6603

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  15. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thanks for your feedback,we will check it

agmarco likes this.
  16. PacoRabanne

mirror, thank you for spending some holiday time reading forum and answering users questions!
    Is NOT ironical!

17. user59

user59 Member

Netflix: lip sync problem with .32, few seconds
    Back to .30 no problem

New version of Netflix released 4th Feb may be the cause

New Netflix ok in .30

18. BowWow1954

BowWow1954 New Member

I am using the remote that came with the box - not any other remote. The USB ports are unused.

Update -
    Good News: Did a Factory reset today and sound is back.
    Bad News: Very back sound sync on box now (was perfect on version 27)

19. SillyWilly

SillyWilly New Member

Went back to. 27 and installed de kodi from. 32. Netflix, youtube and kodi works well for my needs.

20. PacoRabanne

Not for the "not skilled" or faint users, but in the meantime, good idea!!!