The new 1.4.8 update for X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ahmad Haghshenas, Jul 24, 2017.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you need to reflash 1.30 than update to 1.4.6 if you don't want 1.4.8

2. Emanuele

Emanuele New Member

Sounds good, can you provide me the download link of the v. 1.3.0?
    Many Thanks

P.S
    Sorry for my English.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

4. Lony

Lony Active Member

@freeroc and @zidoo Team

What is your intension for such an update nonsense. One day its run and other day no comes over OTA with the new Firmware 1.4.8. Is this firmware so bad or what should this bullshit. Sorry for this Word, but many Users in my Forum
    complain about it. Why you don`t release a firmware for a OT over local stick. Why you don`t release a fullimage Firmware. I don`t understand your policy. Or has Zidoo boredom.

Please provide a plausible answer for this approach.

Thanks Lony

5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

So after 1 full week it's still not everywhere for download :O

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Mirror has his reasons for that.
    As users, why not just upgrade by OTA.
    Actually he already released v1.4.6 on forum, and there are few differences between 146 and 148.
    Some good fixes are coming soon. New version than 148 is coming soon.
    Zidoo update firmware quite frequently. It's unnecessary to blame the way we release. The more important thing is that we have the updates.

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. Lony

Lony Active Member

Thanks, you have the updates, but not the people who need them. I myself have also only the 1.4.6 and get no update, other users have exactly the same firmware installation and get the update. Unbelievable and there should be a difference. Thank you so that I may inform my users.

8. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

You are lucky that you didn't have the update notice. If you did, you would probable end up with cripple machine.

About OTA update, Huawei mobile also releases the update in chunk. Some gets update days after the others, sometimes weeks. If there is new update, they would probable release as a file.

9. mrs4t4n

mrs4t4n New Member

I'm done with this mediaplayer... Really good materials and construction, but very poor firmware. Returned to amazon...
    Good look!

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Updates are always welcome at least were getting them not like some other boxes ........
    Buy another box look at there forums and they will have issues ongoing as well
    Im on 1.4.8 and it does what i want it to do which is to play my movies etc
    Yes a few niggles but i can live with it till a new update arrives which is soon and hopefully a few more additional things thrown in .......
    And guess what yes they may or may not work joys of having an all round box that does most things .

Lets hope this next update sorts many issues . :)

OlivierQC likes this.
  11. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

OTA is OK, but in v1.4.6 there is a serious bug with the unsupported audio (True HD bug). Every movie that only contains 1 audio track with True-HD is unplayable.
    In that case, a local update would be nice. Also everyone has acces to the same firmware and nobody is complaining about it ;)
    But i don't care, just my idea...

I have no problems with v1.4.8. I only use the external player and that works perfect except intern srt subtitle tags (as shown on Page 1, no big thing)
    Looking forward to the next update ;)

tin537 likes this.
  12. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

All the people who did NOT get the update should consider themselves lucky !
    I tried to avoid installing it but this update screen kept popping up... eventually I installed it by mistake as there was no way to block update message.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You can turn the update off from update app

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information Freeroc :)

I have the same opinion that DELUCAS.

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. darksider11

darksider11 Member

Here everything is the same, nothing has changed

16. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Like this? :)
    0802_1.jpg

boblo likes this.
  17. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

18. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Where to find this HDMI Range mode in settings?

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

probably in next firmware

Vinny4K likes this.
  20. Igor!

Igor! New Member

The main thing is that the developers to fix the CEC wakeup.