The new 1.4.8 update for X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ahmad Haghshenas, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Please clarify that V1.4.8 is still a beta?

If so, why is it pushed to OTA?

If not, are there any new fixes apart from color issue because some say that the fix list is pretty much the same as 1.4.6.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Is it not possible to offer both? My Pioneer BD player does that: RGB and Full-RGB choices.

Normally Full-RGB always needs calibration and is primarily intended for Projectors and real Monitors.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    boblo likes this.
  3. ragico

ragico Member

No ota update here in Italy

4. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

Same here. No update available

Maybe wait some days for a file OTA.RAR ?

5. No ota update here in Brazil

Firmware v1.4.6 and very good but worth it stopped working my USB 3.0.

In 1.4.4 the usb 3.0 read my wd but after this update only usb 2.0 works.

I hope they solve this, and another thing my ZDMC 17.1 this freezes the image in the middle of the film, and need to restart it goes well.

6. JCJMC

JCJMC Member

Update available in Spain.

7. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Nah, they fixed nothing !
    After not being able to get rid of this annoying Update screen I finally updated the system to v1.4.8
    No change... all the bugs are still there !

8. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

The Unsupported audio / True -HD bug is fixed in v1.4.8.
    Other bugs i didn't tested.

They tried to fix the intern srt subtitles Tags by removing the complete tags. I hope they can fix this, so the tags are not removed but fixed. So cursive and bold are still visible in the subtitles.

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The navigtion on google play store using remote does not work on 1.4.8
    Also using Nvidia Bluetooth remote also .
    Using X10

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never been able to navigate Play Store with IR remote, only using relevant mouse simulation (but is unhandy).
    So I bought (some) airmouse keyboards.
    Of course those (the ones I own) aren't able to power on any of my Zidoo devices.

11. wesk05

wesk05 Member Beta test group

It isn't quite right to say that there is no color issue with 1.4.8. I see the following issues:

1) YCbCr Full output is wrong in ZDMC (external player). The range is reduced from 16-235 to 16-229 because everything above 229 is at 256.

2) All output from Kodi (Mediacodec Surface rendering) is wrong. Range is reduced to 30-217 for limited and RGB full modes. Video black 16 is at 30. There is elevated black in YCbCr full mode also.

3) While it is OK to set the dynamic range based on the display's EDID, the current implementation is partial in that it doesn't consider the source level at all. If you look at the tables from HDMI 2.0 specs. (the ones @spring uploaded), you can see that the output level is adjusted based on the source level. Selectable quantization just means that the source can override the defaults for the video formats (Limited for CE video formats, Full for IT formats) and the sink (display) will adjust its levels accordingly. It doesn't mean that you have to force the Full mode.

The only correct modes are ZDMC YCbCr/RGB Limited and ZDMC RGB Full. If you have a TV (Sony, LG etc.) that supports selectable quantization, then the only option is to use ZDMC RGB Full output.

This firmware is a few steps back than the previous ones. The only issue with the previous ones was the GUI color issue. While that is corrected in this firmware, there are new issues in video playback. Kodi output is completely broken. While Amlogic is trying hard to adhere to Android API standards, Realtek/Zidoo is going in the opposite direction!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    boblo, n_p and nikos_a like this.
  12. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

The bug of forgetting external storage connected to USB3.0 (after CEC turn off) is not fixed. Error: "Waiting for external storage..." when trying to open ZDMC/Kodi.
    The bug of changing video HDMI resolution to default after CEC turn off is not fixed. So every use of the box requites resetting the display parameters!

13. mrs4t4n

mrs4t4n New Member

So, how could i get back to 1.4.6?
    I still have problems:
    -No raw audio in zdmc 17 or kodi 17
    -4k movie detected as 1080p 23.9hz and LG TV says 720p

14. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

not showing ota update on my box still on 1.4.6.

15. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I quote this so it can be seen once more. Agree 100% with wesk05.

boblo likes this.
  16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

OTA is released in chunks, it will eventually hit all boxes

17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

so...dont uses v1.48 and wait?

18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I can absolutely confirm second issue reportd by mrs4t4n. I have a bunch of official 4k and HDR video wrongly detected by Zidoo native media player. Or, better to explain, detected correcly (as shown in info when paused) but device force downscaling to 1080.
    Indeed I don't like that every video file I play X9S forces a resolution change to TV, never lower than 1080, but every time.
    Also I had to change HDMI output to RGB 4.4.4 to have the same brightness as before on all video I already have.

19. Emanuele

Emanuele New Member

Color issue is very fastidious, please fix it as soon as possible. No downgrade it's possible and the factory reset remove all apps and configuration.. it's very
    frustrating. :(:(